illumination70

What Good Thing Happened To You Today (Continued)

I found all 3 Lego Star Wars mini-tins and got all 9 Limited Edition cards that come with them. 

It very helpfully tells you on each tin which LE cards are inside :)

The Green Bay Packers were lackluster and lost to the Lions.  but  The Milwaukee Brewers swept the Rockies to win the National League  Division Series.  We have several days off and play the Dodgers or the Braves for the National League Champion Ship Series.  We have home field advantage.  Sweet.  It's been 36 years we've waited.

It would be ironic if we played the Braves.  We used to be the Milwaukee Braves.  

I found a complete Teach Yourself Romanian language kit in a charity shop for £4.90.

The original price is printed on the back of the box - it would be £40 if bought new, so I made a massive saving *and* helped a good cause at the same time B)

I helped a lady move a bunch of stuff from one apartment to another, which is down the hall of my building.  I recruited a good friend and we are moving all her big stuff tomorrow.  She asked if we wanted cash.  I/We are doing it to do a good deed.  Money was refused.  Instead, she is making both of us a bunch of homemade cookies.  Yum.

I also got my hard ticket for The Head and the Heart in Chicago on Dec 6.  It is a holiday jam party; the only date they have scheduled.  I'm very excited.  I was nervous because it is reserved seating.  My ticket is in the tenth row and dead center.  I was not certain where it was and it's a great seat.   The show pretty much sold out instantaneously.  I'm very fortunate and quite excited.

• Upvote 1

On 10/16/2018 at 12:34 PM, padawanbeck84 said:

I had a phone call to say I've got an interview next week for the library job :D

How did it go?  Did you get the job?  I hope so.

On 10/9/2018 at 1:18 PM, illumination70 said:

One of them is the classic, Halloween (1978)

I might watch that movie today.  It terrified me when I saw it in the movie theater.  I was on a date.  I played the protective man and said we could leave if she was too scared.  Nope.  She loved it.  I had to feed my dogs, who were in a pen outside, when I got home.  We lived in the middle of nowhere and it was pitch black.  I had three flashlights and a baseball bat with me when I did.  I was such a wimp.  That is a very scary movie because not many people are shown getting killed.  I'm also going to watch VVitch today.  My niece recommended it.  

On 10/9/2018 at 1:18 PM, illumination70 said:

the other was Annabelle.

Was it any good?  So many scary movies I watch are pretty lame.  I'm always on the hunt for a good one.

6 hours ago, Manohlive said:

How did it go?  Did you get the job?  I hope so.

I didn't get the job :(

Having said that, I was very close - the lady said that if they had had a second post available, I would have got that. I got some good feedback on my interview too, so that's encouraging.

2 hours ago, padawanbeck84 said:

I didn't get the job :(

Having said that, I was very close - the lady said that if they had had a second post available, I would have got that. I got some good feedback on my interview too, so that's encouraging.

I'm sorry, padawnbeck84.  I'm glad you got good feedback on the interview.  I hope a better position is on your horizon.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Manohlive said:

votedpic.jpg

Congratulations on your new governor! ?

I received two Star Wars sketches in the post this morning. Two BB-8 sketches to go with a Poe Dameron I got yesterday. Lovely additions to my collection.

I love being able to support the sketch artists.

(Ignore the date stamp - the camera always gets the date wrong :lol: )

PoeBB8Sketches2.jpg

On 11/7/2018 at 2:04 AM, dmway said:

Congratulations on your new governor! ?

Belated thank you.  I was up until 2 am waiting and hoping and praying.  Scott Walker may have broken the right for workers to collectively bargain but he was thrown out of office by the cities where most of those workers are employed.  I'm proud of that fact that Milwaukee always and overwhelmingly votes against people like Walker and Trump.  Even Ronald Reagan could not carry Milwaukee nor Madison nor any of our other larger cities.  Thanks.  I believe you got good news too.

My good thing is I was able to cancel a last minute trip to Florida for my mom's 80 birthday without disappointing her.  I'm moving the beginning of December.  I was going to have to leave everything packed.  The flights were very expensive due to being last minute.  I was also going to give up seeing The Head and the Heart in Chicago on Dec 6, which I would have done but was very sad in my decision.   She understood moving and healing and flying off with my life packed in boxes was too much.  I would have done it but gotten sick. She told me. I was not going to say anything. 

My secondary good thing is I DO get to go see The Head and the Heart.   I was not looking forward to gazing upon Chicago metro from 30,000 feet while knowing one of my favorite bands ever was playing a gig in Chicago that very day.   I now get to go and I have a 10 or 12th row center seat. I was not looking forward to selling it to someone who could scalp it.  There is a large demand for decent seats.

Not going to Florida now, gives me the chance to go down for a whole month in February.  Dawes is playing St Pete's when  I do so I get three Dawes shows in as many weeks..  I was going to give up that one too. It all turned out well.  

Thanks, Mom!  ?

Edited by Manohlive

On 11/7/2018 at 3:43 AM, padawanbeck84 said:

I received two Star Wars sketches in the post this morning. Two BB-8 sketches to go with a Poe Dameron I got yesterday. Lovely additions to my collection.

I love being able to support the sketch artists.

(Ignore the date stamp - the camera always gets the date wrong :lol: )

PoeBB8Sketches2.jpg

These look really cool.   

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, illumination70 said:

We got our exercycle up and running.  I'm so happy the cycle arrived because it will come in handy especially after the Holidays!!

I'm laughing because I just asked a friend about helping me take mine apart and make sure it had a proper tune up.  I'm thinking about the holidays too.  That's not mentioning how good it is for our hearts and general health.    

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Manohlive said:

Belated thank you.  I was up until 2 am waiting and hoping and praying.  Scott Walker may have broken the right for workers to collectively bargain but he was thrown out of office by the cities where most of those workers are employed.  I'm proud of that fact that Milwaukee always and overwhelmingly votes against people like Walker and Trump.  Even Ronald Reagan could not carry Milwaukee nor Madison nor any of our other larger cities.  Thanks.  I believe you got good news too.

My good thing is I was able to cancel a last minute trip to Florida for my mom's 80 birthday without disappointing her.  I'm moving the beginning of December.  I was going to have to leave everything packed.  The flights were very expensive due to being last minute.  I was also going to give up seeing The Head and the Heart in Chicago on Dec 6, which I would have done but was very sad in my decision.   She understood moving and healing and flying off with my life packed in boxes was too much.  I would have done it but gotten sick. She told me. I was not going to say anything. 

My secondary good thing is I DO get to go see The Head and the Heart.   I was not looking forward to gazing upon Chicago metro from 30,000 feet while knowing one of my favorite bands ever was playing a gig in Chicago that very day.   I now get to go and I have a 10 or 12th row center seat. I was not looking forward to selling it to someone who could scalp it.  There is a large demand for decent seats.

Not going to Florida now, gives me the chance to go down for a whole month in February.  Dawes is playing St Pete's when  I do so I get three Dawes shows in as many weeks..  I was going to give up that one too. It all turned out well.  

Thanks, Mom!  ?

First, very cool of your Mom to be so understanding. You really do have a lot on your plate coming up.

Second, yes, my news here was just as good as yours was in Wisconsin. We re-elected our current Governor and one of our US Senators, and the other three elections I voted in (US House of Representatives, State Assembly, State Senate) all went for the candidates I voted for. So, I was 5 for 5 on Election Day! ?

I hope Georgia and Florida can be equally fortunate when all the votes are counted. ?

10 minutes ago, dmway said:

First, very cool of your Mom to be so understanding. You really do have a lot on your plate coming up.

Second, yes, my news here was just as good as yours was in Wisconsin. We re-elected our current Governor and one of our US Senators, and the other three elections I voted in (US House of Representatives, State Assembly, State Senate) all went for the candidates I voted for. So, I was 5 for 5 on Election Day! ?

I hope Georgia and Florida can be equally fortunate when all the votes are counted. ?

You seem like such a nice guy.  I came in here hoping no one had read what I posted.  I am horrified at how overwritten it is.  I just had a panic attack hoping I could edit out 90% of what you quoted before anyone saw and now it's too late. ?   Lol.  I  was on a post Cologne EI,  riding the wave, high. I still am but sobered up a bit. It's not so much having a lot on my plate as it was the stress of not wanting to disappoint her.  Thanks.  I need a, save, edit and submit my Zoo posts at a later time, option for my 2019 subscriber gift.  The Cologne show was my real good thing today.