illumination70

What Good Thing Happened To You Today (Continued)

I made a friend, who is going through a hard time at work, feel a little bit better by letting him vent.

I also put out feelers to volunteer for disability/accessibility services at Summerfest.  (11 day music festival here-draws close to, if not over a million people each year)  I want to volunteer to make sure everyone who needs help gets it. The side stages get crazy.   I got very strong positive feedback.  I'm nervous, but I shall be calling the head of this department and volunteering.  .  

• Like 1

On 3/17/2019 at 5:06 AM, padawanbeck84 said:

And yes, I often have to rearrange my bookshelves to make space for them.

I am looking on the internet for blueprints/plans for building bookshelves.  They are ridiculously priced where I live.  Even the cheap ones are expensive.  I need three more.  There's something about holding and smelling a good book that cannot be compared.   I love them.

15 hours ago, Manohlive said:

I am looking on the internet for blueprints/plans for building bookshelves.  They are ridiculously priced where I live.  Even the cheap ones are expensive.  I need three more.  There's something about holding and smelling a good book that cannot be compared.   I love them.

I buy my bookcases second-hand. There are places near me where the money goes to community projects, so I'm buying a bookcase and helping others at the same time. I like supporting things like that.

Also, I had a nice day out on the bus today. I could have brought 10 books back from the library, but I was restrained and only borrowed 6 :lol: 

I'll save the rest for my next visit!

• Like 1

One of the CDs I ordered arrived today. *And* it had the correct disc in it - given what happened with the last one, that's a relief :D

I also have a second copy of that muddled-up one on the way, so fingers crossed.

34 minutes ago, illumination70 said:

I made a home-made, quiche with ham!!!!

Image may contain: food

Yummmmmmmmmmmmmm.    I'm happy if I can make a ham and cheese omelette which the end product even getting close to resembling an egg dish.  Yum.

My good thing is that I said I had to go and hung up the phone without losing my temper.  The other person is lucky I even speak with him as it's taken six years to forgive a very bad betrayal.  He was being a jerk and I did not lose it.  It's amazing how I can go days without wanting a cigarette and then suddenly need one or the world is going to end.  I'm succeeding despite it being a very difficult time right now.  

ALSO:  It's now 24 hours into Spring where I live.   Woo Hoo.   I'm very excited to watch everything grow anew.  Crocus and Snow Drops are already blooming.  

• Like 1

The fan presale for The Head and the Heart started today.  The Chicago Theatre show was a nightmare but I ended up getting us 11th row seats.  It took two hours of sweating and praying and begging.  We got great seats for the Iowa show.  Minneapolis and Grand Rapids are GA so we'll be on the rail.  This is one of my favorite bands.  I'm really excited.

It's also been hinted that Dawes is going to play Codfish Hollow again.  They added another date with them headlining so maybe...

I ordered two sketch cards - they arrived today and the artist had included an extra, larger sketch of my favourite character.

I also received another CD in the post so now I have 2 of the 3 that Dogstar released B)

Posted (edited)

I was in a masters degree program for classical guitar performance in my 20's..Too much head banging and I had to stop because the notes were spinning; I could not concentrate; blah blah.  I blamed myself and pretty much stopped playing.   I took good care of it but have barely touched that guitar.  Yesterday, I restrung it and decided to play.  I got my tone back. I could also concentrate on both my left and right hand  My head kept buffering and rebooting yet I could pay attention when it stopped. This has happened in the past. This time, it feels more permanent. I played, slept, got up and played as much as I could again today. There were moments I was very happy with how I sounded.  The best thing is I did not feel my headache while I was playing because of the endorphin rush I was getting. Hopefully, this is here to stay. If not, it's been a great Friday night into a happy and very early Sunday morning.  😊.        

Edited by Manohlive
  • Like 1
  • Brilliant 1

On 3/27/2019 at 8:57 AM, padawanbeck84 said:

I ordered two sketch cards - they arrived today and the artist had included an extra, larger sketch of my favourite character.

I also received another CD in the post so now I have 2 of the 3 that Dogstar released B)

You must be an organizational wizard.  😉

5 hours ago, Manohlive said:

You must be an organizational wizard.  😉

Funnily enough, most of my family thinks I'm messy :lol:

But when it comes to books, CDs, trading cards etc, I have very strict systems to keep track of everything.

I went to an art group today. My dad normally goes so I thought I'd try it out. I haven't done painting with watercolours since I was at school, but I think it turned out OK :)

2419Painting1.JPG

• Like 1

On 3/7/2019 at 1:15 AM, Manohlive said:

I just realized there are three open dates before the above show.  Please, please, please...a solo Dawes show like the did in LaCrosse the day before the opened for ELO in Minneapolis.  Please!!! 

I got my wish.  Dawes booked a solo gig in Ann Arbor, Michigan the day before the Summerfest Wille Nelson Outlaw Fest.   It's a full show, which means two and a half hours of bliss on June 26.  Tickets are $30-55.  I was hopin; and prayin' but fearful....yee haw! .  I am very thankful.  😊 

13 hours ago, padawanbeck84 said:

I went to an art group today. My dad normally goes so I thought I'd try it out. I haven't done painting with watercolours since I was at school, but I think it turned out OK :)

2419Painting1.JPG

I like it.  I am a sucker for still lifes. 

I found out more about the solo Dawes show.  The venue is built to resemble the Greek theatre at Epidarus.  No seat is further than 80 feet from the stage.  It's a performing arts venue, so the sound will be great.  The lobby has tapestries by Roy Lichenstein and Pablo Picasso.  Nice. 

This is from yesterday, but I *finally* fully completed a video game level that had been bugging me for ages! :D

In Lego Star Wars: The Force Awakens, I needed to complete a certain challenge within the level to unlock the Flametrooper, who is the only one with the ability to melt ice, which you need to access certain side-quests and extras. 

Now I just need to unlock stormtrooper FN-2199, as I think he unlocks other side-quests. 

75% completion and counting B)

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

The lady who sold me Bruff called.  She is going to New Mexico for a week or so.  She asked me to stay at her house and take care of her dogs.  This is the line from which Bruff was born.  She's entrusting what is left of it to me while she is gone. I will get to sleep with a bunch of Irish Terriers on my the bed.       Frickin' Irish Terriers with frickin' puppies!  Even Dr. Evil would melt with a wag of those tails.  I've decided I'm getting another dog.  It's time.  

Edited by Manohlive
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, padawanbeck84 said:

This is from yesterday, but I *finally* fully completed a video game level that had been bugging me for ages! :D

In Lego Star Wars: The Force Awakens, I needed to complete a certain challenge within the level to unlock the Flametrooper, who is the only one with the ability to melt ice, which you need to access certain side-quests and extras. 

Now I just need to unlock stormtrooper FN-2199, as I think he unlocks other side-quests. 

75% completion and counting B)

You are very cute and endearing, pad.  

I somehow was able to buy Dawes tickets ten hours before they are supposed to go on sale.  All I can figure out is that the fan website has a secret presale going.  I was signed in and watching videos.  I hit buy tickets for this show, knowing it the sale did not start until tomorrow..  I was hoping a seating chart would appear so I would know it for tomorrows online sale.  I somehow got in and had the choice of seats.  We are right up front, in the middle section and on the aisle. (Six seats wide)  $55 a piece with no service charge and no extra charge for hard tickets.  I am a very fortunate human being.   

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Posted (edited)

1)  I got to play with three Irish Terriers all afternoon yesterday.  I spoke with the lady who sold me Bruff at length. She was worried my headaches would be a concern while she as gone and I watched her Irish Terriers.  She is no longer worried.  She was studying/observing my ever move.  Lol.  I love how protective all involved are to keep the lines pure and out of puppy mills. I found out that hardly anyone is breeding Irish Terriers in North America these day.  The breeders I knew have either passed or are older and stopped.  Younger generations don't want to do it.  She is putting out the word and a good reference for me so I get another one.  There is a possibility that one or two are available in Canada. She knows the owners. They know me from bringing Bruff to Irish Fest in Milwaukee.  If one is available-I'm going on a road trip to fetch my new dog.  If not-I'm waiting and it'll happen when it's meant to be.  

2)  I woke up this morning and discovered that The Head and the Heart are coming to Milwaukee for Summerfest..  It's on July 7..  It looks like a  friend might get us back stage passes.    

Edited by Manohlive

I had a new bookcase delivered today. I say "new", it's second-hand from a charity shop, but it's new to me. I spent this afternoon reorganising some of my books - it felt good to finally have shelf space for books which had been stacked in piles on the floor for months.

The only downside is that I don't think we can fit any more bookcases in the house. If I fill this one up, it'll be time to get an extension :lol:

On 4/11/2019 at 2:31 PM, padawanbeck84 said:

The only downside is that I don't think we can fit any more bookcases in the house

Send 'em my direction.  Wood floats...haha

My good thing is that I just saw this news story.  It's very cute.  Baseball, two adorable little girls and a puppy.

https://www.nbcnews.com/nightly-news/video/baseball-superstar-s-home-run-earns-young-fans-a-puppy-1495772227816