illumination70

What Good Thing Happened To You Today (Continued)

I treated myself to a day out in Birmingham to see a film at my favourite cinema. They do excellent chocolate cake at the Electric and the film was good too :)

• Like 1

I love good chocolate cake.  😊

One of my three favorite bands, The Head and the Heart, released their new cd today.  It's called Living Mirage.  I'm listening to the title song right now.  I've heard it live several times over the past 18 months.  This is the first time I've heard the studio version.  Chills.  I went to my mailbox and tickets to go see them In Madison, WI were in the mail. 

I had a long, involved dream about friends that I haven't seen in two years or so. Woke up with a smile.

I received a CD that I've been trying to get hold of for ages. I'd ordered it twice before and had problems (wrong disc on one, the second got lost in the post), but thankfully it's third time lucky :D

It also completes the collection of that band. I've now got all 3 official CDs that Dogstar released, plus one promo single B) 

I received a parcel of trading cards today from a friend in America. The Star Wars 'Resistance' set isn't available in the UK so they bought some extra boxes and I paid for the ones I wanted sent over.

There are hardly any swaps, so I reckon I've got about half the set already, or maybe more. And one of the mini-folders has my favourite character on it :)

Posted (edited)

I read the mini interview with Niall Stokes about U2, songwriting and Experience + Songs.  I'm looking forward to buying and reading that book.  I very much enjoyed reading the interview.  It's interesting what he says about their writing process.   

Edited by Manohlive

A vicious eight or nine day headache cycle broke today.  Whew.  I almost lost it this time.  It was the nicest weather of the year today in Milwaukee.  We are having a very nice round of gentle thunderstorms.  I did not think about being able to see them come from the West and pass over while also watching them to the South of my new place.  Listening to NGHFB's  Who Built the Moon and watching the lightning right now.  Tomorrow, I start a new treatment for headaches.  It's a good day! 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

What concert?

It is beautiful outside again today.  I slept with the windows open last night.  I've gone from flannel to shorts and a tee between breakfast and lunch.  My apartment had that fresh rain smell when I woke up this morning.  I do wish the storms would tame for all of us.  Many people lost everything, once again, to tornadoes.  This time it was in the middle of the night in the South/Midwestern part of my country.  There is massive flooding.  Two runaway barges hit a dam and one of them just sank.  It's a good thing it's not me but a lot of people are hurting right now.  My heart and prayers are with them. 

Edited by Manohlive
  • Like 1

I was able to sign in. I have had a new phone for a while & not all my info transferred. 😊  Generally. I'm well. 

• Like 1

On 5/23/2019 at 2:01 PM, Manohlive said:

What concert?

It is beautiful outside again today.  I slept with the windows open last night.  I've gone from flannel to shorts and a tee between breakfast and lunch.  My apartment had that fresh rain smell when I woke up this morning.  I do wish the storms would tame for all of us.  Many people lost everything, once again, to tornadoes.  This time it was in the middle of the night in the South/Midwestern part of my country.  There is massive flooding.  Two runaway barges hit a dam and one of them just sank.  It's a good thing it's not me but a lot of people are hurting right now.  My heart and prayers are with them. 

Hope your treatment went well. 

• Thanks 1

On 5/27/2019 at 4:01 PM, hestia said:

I was able to sign in. I have had a new phone for a while & not all my info transferred. 😊  Generally. I'm well. 

Fun, hey?  I look at my phone and know maybe 10 percent of what it will do.  😕

It was another cold day.  Everyone is depressed or ornery where I live because our weather is so weird.  They are not amused when I remind them we could be living near The Arkansas River (or a number of others)   I'm happy I realize how lucky I am despite this miserable cold weather by Lake Michigan.

Posted (edited)

I went grocery shopping.  Yikes.  $120.  (I had to stock up on a lot of things)   I freaked.  When I put in all the electronic bulls#$t that is American grocery shopping for deals-it went down to $90.  I saved 25%.  One has to go online and sign in and electronically clip and blah blah blah.  It's all a big racket.  I was very careful to buy healthy stuff.  I was cautious not to by things which looked like a deal but were not.  A sale is sale but can be not a sale.   Lol

It was beautiful here today. and then the wind shifted off the lake.  It suddenly got very cloudy and misty and foggy.  It sucks the temp dropped so much.  However, I love Lake Michigan when she reminds me of her presence.  It was awesome to watch the change.  

Edited by Manohlive

I tried a new Chinese Restaurant today and thank God the sweet & sour chicken had the dark, plum sauce instead of that nuclear pink stuff!!

I got let off a library fine today. I had a book that was due back on Monday, but I explained to the librarian that I had been away - and had *tried* to renew it, but it hadn't worked. She checked the book out as a new loan and waived the 50p fine B)

• Brilliant 1

I'm celebrating the third day of my thirty-third year as a Catholic.  It was yesterday.  I had bad head pain and forgot.  One of the cool things, for me, is that there is no time with God. It's been a glorious day.  I've listened to Bad a bunch of times.  I then listened to SOE which went into SOI and then U22.  Bad started playing as I wrote this and I'm digging it.   . 

Edited by Manohlive
  • Like 1

Bummed.  Headache cycles have been vicious.  Light of day hurts.  Lights outside at night hurt.  

Oops...that was supposed to go into the mood thread.  My good thing is that I did not go crazy.  I listened to a bunch of music.  I got some good writing accomplished.  I'm getting better at not rewriting as I write new words.  It's working. 

Edited by Manohlive
  • Like 1

We just had a visit from my nephew and his little son. There's a complicated situation between my nephew and his ex, so we haven't seen my great-nephew since last year. He's one and a half now and thoroughly adorable. He was toddling about, exploring our house and singing a made-up song to himself :lol: 

The downside is that we don't know how long my nephew will have access/visits with him, but it was nice to have this visit.