illumination70

What Good Thing Happened To You Today (Continued)

I listened to U2 while I watched Zootpians get tickets in the Singapore presale.   It was torturous but it looks like they got them.  (and hopefully still do)

Posted (edited)

Life came round full circle overnight, slapped me in the face and gave me the choice to practice what I preached or be miserable all day long.. I chose the former.  It's currently a live version of Moment of Surrender. (Glastonbury 2011)  I'm gonna ride this and make sure I find I'll Go Crazy If I Don't Go Crazy before I go to sleep. 

Edited by Manohlive

I received a parcel of trading cards in the post this morning. I'm now very close to completing the Star Wars Resistance set - which is pretty good considering it's not even available in the UK :lol:

Posted (edited)

I didn't get angry.  I didn't shake my head.  I didn't argue.  I listened quietly, in utter disgust and disbelief, while showing no emotion.  "I'm not asking you to give me narcotic pain medicine.  I'm asking about the past..  There is a difference."  It's as though none of it even happened and we're now at the next stop of a cruise ship.  They think I'm asking yet I'm building my case.  I don't care about pain medicine. It's going to wear off in four hours and nothing will have changed. Mention it to an American doctor and they squirm or think you are drug seeking.  I'm not.  I did not get angry.  That's a first.  I'm a bit of a sh#t because I like watching them squirm.  The roles are finally reversed. .😀

I got a different line/image to end more verse which introduces yet another chapter.   I like it. 

Edited by Manohlive

I went to the cinema to see Toy Story 4. It's very enjoyable - despite the fact I haven't seen the second or third films. I only really went to see this one for Keanu Reeves's character - and he's hilarious. It certainly makes a change from his usual action roles.

Although it made me feel old seeing parents going to see it with their children - I remember seeing the first one in the cinema when I was a kid! 

• Like 1

On 6/21/2019 at 12:59 PM, padawanbeck84 said:

remember seeing the first one in the cinema when I was a kid

Do you have any idea?   Lol    I was an adult when I first saw that move and it was on TV.  😕

On 6/21/2019 at 12:59 PM, padawanbeck84 said:

Although it made me feel old seeing parents going to see it with their children

Karma!   😉

I remember going to see New Politics, for a solo show, after I first saw them open for Pink.   I was standing by the bathroom waiting for a friend.  I started a pleasant chat with her.  She asked me, "Are you here with your kids?".  "No, I'm here for myself."   Utter confusion filled her face.  I could say her thinking, 'But you are so much older.'.  I had a dozed smart ass comebacks but just smiled.  My good thing is that I may be old(er) but I'm a dancing fool.

• Like 1

You're never too old for music (or concerts). I take new CDs over to my Mum's house and share them with her as she likes discovering new stuff. And she goes to see local bands almost every week.

Talking of discovering new stuff, my good thing for yesterday was a discovery on Spotify. I found that River Phoenix's family have started to release the songs he made with his band, Aleka's Attic. They came up as a recommendation because I listen to Dogstar - I didn't believe it was real at first. But I researched on another site and found that, yes, this was real and not just bootlegs or anything. 

Over 25 years since he died, we get to hear what his music sounded like. I listened to one song and had tears in my eyes just hearing his voice.  And I'm not even that huge of a fan - I was only 9 when he died. There are probably some people who've been waiting their whole lives thinking we'd never hear these songs. And now we will :)

I caught up on some much needed sleep after working a reggae concert the other night featuring Ziggy Marley for the Opening act.

• Like 1

Dancing to the Killers live with my beautiful 13 yo daughter in a Welsh Castle on a balmy summers night!

life is good!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Posted (edited)
On 6/26/2019 at 10:23 PM, illumination70 said:

I caught up on some much needed sleep after working a reggae concert the other night featuring Ziggy Marley for the Opening act.

May I please take your job?   😉   He is almost always at Summefest.  I've heard them several times. 

I was not able to go see The National last night.  A headache prevented it.  I've been really bummed but then focused on tomorrow being either Young the Giant or Chaka Khan.  I just got some more free passes for Summerfest.  July 3rd I'm going to go see Chrvches.  Friday is Head and the Heart. When the, 'Oh my gosh, Summerfest is over already', blues hit-it's the week I get to see Dawes in Bloomington, Illiniois again.  (feeling sorry for myself quickly ended)   

Summerfest.com  if anyone is interested in music festivals.  It's 40 years later and the amount of entertainment still staggers me.   I did go out last night and watch the drunkards stumble home.  It's so much fun.  I don't laugh at them.  I've been one many, many times. The evenings have been perfect for a music festival on the shores of Lake Michigan. 

Edited by Manohlive
  • Like 1

I got my heart checked today as part of a community screening event. I don't think I've ever had my heart tested before, but there was a session put on at our local community centre by a charity that works to reduce sudden deaths in young people by screening for hidden heart issues. At 35, I was just young enough to qualify as you had to be between 14-35. It was free to attend so I went along and got myself checked out. It was pleasing to see the session being quite well attended - ultimately these tests could save someone's life. 

My results were all good - and I bumped into one of my friends while I was there. We had a nice chat while we were waiting :D 

It might not sound good, but I had a big argument with my older sisters - which led to some honest discussions which I hope have ultimately helped us understand each other better. 

• Like 2

I got the cookies ordered for Live Aid Day this Saturday.  I know this sound strange, but I remember watching Live Aid (July 1985) drooling over cute musician guys while nibbling  on Danish Butter cookies!!!

• Like 1

I was still in nappies when Live Aid happened :lol: 

I've literally just received a rare Star Wars trading card printing plate that I bought. It features a scene with my two favourite characters, Finn and Poe. The seller had never done international posting before and was worried about getting the address wrong, but it got here safely so that's OK :)

Posted (edited)

I ordered two full assemblies (both sides) for the suspension system of my car.  It's shot from potholes.  I broke a coil spring (at least) on one side.  The slightest bump and it feels like a carnival ride while driving.  It's so bad that when I'm driving down the street,  (very slowly) the pedestrians on the sidewalk ahead of me are turning around to look at what the heck is coming their direction.  It would be over a thousand dollars to get it done in the garage.  It cost me $216.  Barter system: a mechanic friend helps me fix it and I help him work on his house.  I let two friends use my car and they brought it back with the suspension broken.  They said nothing.  They owned up to nothing.  They are no longer my friends.  I'm not even sad about it.  They were takers. 

I'm quite tired of going to the hospital for headache treatments (four alone this week) but I think the SPG blocks are starting to work.  I may be able to avoid DHE infusions.  They sound awful; four hours hooked up to an IV-two hours off-four more hours hooked back up to the IV-every day for five days.  The medicine makes a person sick, exhausted and have bad pain at first.  I think I may not need them.  😌

Edited by Manohlive

Posted (edited)

My mom has cancer and got her recent blood test results.  The counts are way down.  The chemo pills were not working but now they are.  She's still not sick from them, nor is she losing her hair.  She's eighty years old and can do more than I can.  I don't think this is going to kill her. I'm not God so I'm still praying.  I've been very worried.  Many thanks to the powers that be.  Great news. 

Edited by Manohlive
  • Upvote 1
  • Brilliant 1

1 hour ago, Manohlive said:

My mom has cancer and got her recent blood test results.  The counts are way down.  The chemo pills were not working but now they are.  She's still not sick from them, nor is she losing her hair.  She's eighty years old and can do more than I can.  I don't think this is going to kill her. I'm not God so I'm still praying.  I've been very worried.  Many thanks to the powers that be.  Great news. 

I wish your mum all the best. Glad to hear that her treatment is going well so far. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

I said no.

Edited by Manohlive

I was in a second-hand music shop today and found 3 vinyl Bon Jovi singles for £2 each. I bought them and then gave them to my sister as a present. She's not well at the moment - she has epilepsy and is undergoing some scary tests, so I wanted to cheer her up. 

Things have been tough lately, but it was good to put a smile on her face.

18 hours ago, doctornickriviera said:

Happily married for 15 years today, if I had my time again I’d make exactly the same choice.

And hopefully so would my wife .......

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, padawanbeck84 said:

I was in a second-hand music shop today and found 3 vinyl Bon Jovi singles for £2 each. I bought them and then gave them to my sister as a present. She's not well at the moment - she has epilepsy and is undergoing some scary tests, so I wanted to cheer her up. 

Things have been tough lately, but it was good to put a smile on her face.

Sorry to hear this Beck