illumination70

What Good Thing Happened To You Today (Continued)

15 hours ago, padawanbeck84 said:

. He was a bit hyperactive so she was trying to find areas where he could do his own digging without disturbing anything important

The reason I love Irish Terriers so much is that Bruff would have pretended to be digging up a lost T-Rex.  He'd wait for me to stop freaking out and realize he was not.  He'd then grin at me because he won that round of wily leprechaun.   It's sounds stupid but it's what they do.  It's so much fun to be bested by one.  They are very special dogs. 

15 hours ago, padawanbeck84 said:

I think sometimes, with there being so many different domestic dog breeds, it's easy to forget that there are rare and endangered types just as there are with wild animals.

I knew there were not as many new breeders.  I had one for almost 18 years and still had no idea they were officially on the American Kennel Club's endangered breed list.  Riri has had three litters.  She's an alpha female.  She has been fighting with her daughter, who is now needed to continue the line.  I've decided I'm taking her.  I feel very fortunate, and honored, to be a part of the community. .

Edited by Manohlive

I received two parcels of trading cards in the post this morning. I now only need 8 cards to complete the Lego Star Wars series 1 set :)

This is from Sunday, but my eldest nephew took part in the Great North Run half-marathon - and absolutely smashed it! It was his first time ever doing a half-marathon and he ran it in 1 hour 49 minutes. An amazing time and now we're waiting to see the final total of how much he raised for his chosen charity. Really proud of him :D

• Like 1

On 9/10/2019 at 7:37 AM, padawanbeck84 said:

Really proud of him

Aww...

I talked to Irish Terrier folk.  Unless she absolutely hates me-Ri'ri' is mine.  I found out today.  The self proclaimed 'Alpha Bitch' approves.  (The lady who sold me Bruff, my last one)   I told her it still shocks me when she says bitch about dogs.  "Why?  That's what they are.  Besides, I'm a bitch.  I'm the Alpha Bitch."  This was at Irish Fest a few weeks ago.  I almost fell over laughing.  We had a really nice chat toady. How to arrange furniture in a 500 sq foot apartment so it can accommodate a medium large dog crate is now the question.  

On a humorous note, the early and prominent breeder William Graham theorized “that the only reason they were not itemized in Noah’s list of the cargo of the Ark was that it was quite unnecessary to take a pair of Irish Terriers aboard. They could swim alongside so well.”   

On 9/5/2019 at 12:01 AM, illumination70 said:

Phase one of a dental deep clean is completed!!!

Ouch!   I hope phase two goes well.  I want to make a laughing gas joke.  😶

Edited by Manohlive
  • Like 1

Got TM app on my phone.  Got password covertly stored just in case.  Got our tickets for The Head and the Heart upgraded for Chicago tomorrow.  Got our tickets for The Head and the Heart in Iowa upgraded to third row and dead center-exactly where I'd pick if I had first choice.  It cost $20 to do it on TM.  Got an alternate plan, with the venue, for GA in case it's too much for The Head and the Heart in Madison. It's on.to Chicago now, baby.  😀

(whew) 

On 9/11/2019 at 6:04 PM, Manohlive said:

Ouch!   I hope phase two goes well.  I want to make a laughing gas joke.  😶

The 2nd part of the  deep dental cleaning went well  and 2 more to go..  As of now I have to avoid really crunchy food for a couple of weeks!!

3 hours ago, illumination70 said:

The 2nd part of the  deep dental cleaning went well  and 2 more to go..  As of now I have to avoid really crunchy food for a couple of weeks!!

Friend of mine had that done.  Good for you.

My good thing was yet another Head and the Heart show doing GA and on the rail.  They added the song, Gone, to the set list.  Two shows in a row-it's one of my favorite songs ever.  Thursday is a long road trip across Iowa for a third one.  I was so tired from the Chicago show on Friday that I didn't even want to go when I woke up this morning.  Now it's 2 am and I'm wired from the show.  They are so good live-one of my top three bands. 

I had a great time with some friends at the comic shop today. After a difficult last few days, it was nice to be able to chill out and laugh our heads off. 

To top it off, I found a lovely pair of shoes in a charity shop - and they actually fit me. Usually, charity shops have shoes in every size *except* mine :lol: And they're purple, so my wardrobe is getting a bit brighter :)

• Like 1

Ri'ri' is officially my dog.  I could not take her home today because I have to house sit and watch a different line of Irish Terriers. I'm getting her at the next Irish Terrier Society meeting in October.   i have a new dog and it's an Irish Terrier.   ☺️   

• Like 1

I went to the library today to return a book. It is a day late, but they didn't fine me. I'm not complaining. Maybe there's a 24-hour grace period?  

Who knows? But it saved me the huge sum of.... 20p :lol:

I watched the Speaker of the House formally announce an official impeachment inquiry against the president. Finally!

2 hours ago, dmway said:

I watched the Speaker of the House formally announce an official impeachment inquiry against the president. Finally!

Yours too?  haha    We've a long ways to go before they even start impeachment proceedings.  I think he knew he was sunk the night of the election.  We'll see what happens.

I fired someone who was cheating the system and putting my neck on the line, all at the taxpayer's expense.  I made several calls.  They are big-time busted. They will either lose funding or be under a lot of scrutiny.  Fraud can be a good word when used in reverse.  Everything they did for me, I'm now doing myself.  All I needed was a jump-start.  I thought I was a head case.  Turns out a lot of the supposedly successful ones are even more screwed up and they're corrupt to boot. They're also dumb and often easily beaten at their own game. I receive funding to go back to work.  I'm not about to milk the system.  I want to work.  

14 hours ago, dmway said:

Nice! Something similar happened yesterday here in Blighty when the Supreme Court ruled that the prime minister's proroguing of parliament was illegal!

• Like 1

I was finally able to order some Star Wars trading cards that came out in the US about 3 weeks ago. We normally get them a week after the States, but for some reason there was a delay with this set. We'd began to worry it wouldn't be made available over here, but they were put on sale at lunchtime. Now I just need to get a new folder and some 9-card pages to put them in.

They were also slightly cheaper than previous boxes :D

On 9/24/2019 at 9:05 PM, Manohlive said:

Yours too?  haha    We've a long ways to go before they even start impeachment proceedings.  I think he knew he was sunk the night of the election.  We'll see what happens.

I bet the process will really get going sooner rather than later. Today was a very bad day for the current administration. I wouldn’t be surprised if articles were drawn up before the end of the year. I don’t think he would be removed this year, but I think the House side of things could very well be done before Christmas.

On 9/25/2019 at 8:50 AM, peterferris8 said:

Nice! Something similar happened yesterday here in Blighty when the Supreme Court ruled that the prime minister's proroguing of parliament was illegal!

I saw that too!

If I had been still living in the UK when the Brexit vote passed, I would have been beyond confused. I never knew there was lingering anti-Europe resentment in some quarters of the UK. Heck, it still confused me even though I was back here.

I hope you can eventually get rid of Boris as the PM - he’s beyond embarrassing, kind of like our leader. 🙄

My best bud and I hung out.  He made me laugh at a bunch of crap,  including myself.  I bought him dinner.  It was tasty!  (American Mexican) Salsa, sour cream and guacamole is a magical combination.   It's nice to use America and Mexico in one and it be so good. 

• Brilliant 1

8 hours ago, dmway said:

🙄

Can someone please tell me what this means?   It would be good to know. 

1 hour ago, Manohlive said:

Can someone please tell me what this means?   It would be good to know. 

It’s an eye roll.

Older forums sometimes had them animated. They’re easier to decipher that way.

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, dmway said:

I saw that too!

If I had been still living in the UK when the Brexit vote passed, I would have been beyond confused. I never knew there was lingering anti-Europe resentment in some quarters of the UK. Heck, it still confused me even though I was back here.

I hope you can eventually get rid of Boris as the PM - he’s beyond embarrassing, kind of like our leader. 🙄

It's amazing what some powerful billionaires who don't want to lose their tax loopholes can achieve isn't it? (Yeah, that's partly what Brexit is all about) 

We've had a hat trick of dreadful prime ministers with Cameron and May previously and now Boris is by far the worst I've ever seen. I have hope that things will change soon, because he got absolutely roasted in the Commons the other day.

• Like 1

I found some interesting books at a nearby library today - including Carlos Santana's autobiography. Looking forward to reading that. 

I also found 3 more books in charity shops which I've been looking for so I can continue reading their respective series. 

The worst headache cycle I've ever had has reached high theater pitch.  My good thing for today is that I'm still looking on the bright side despite having to cancel all plans-which included a visit to Irish Terrier heaven for my fix until I get mine.  My goddaughter is getting married tomorrow.  I'm very worried I'm either not going to be able to make it or go and not be able to hide how I feel.  My other good thing is that I'm not losing hope.