Sign in to follow this  
mich40

No Tour 'till 2015 True Or No, Deny Or Spill Truth / Hoping This Is Not True [Merged]

U2 need to realize that this is not fair to the fans. Like many others have said, if it takes 3-4 years to give the fans a 9-10 song album, that is ridiculous! I am still hoping that this is not true ....

That they are worried about the reception of the first 2 songs ... hey .. who cares? Guitar driven rock songs are dead on mainstream radio. If this was 10 years ago Invisible would have been an instant radio juggernaut. Its just not that time. Crap pop and hip hop dominate the radio now .... its common knowledge, who cares? Fear of not having commercial success should not be in their mind at all. Just put your freakin album out, and tour, U2. Learn a thing or two from Bruce in this dept.

And actually ... If this was 15 years ago, nobody would give a darn whether or not U2 ever put out another album after making us wait 6 years, because we would all be enthralled with Arcade Fire, who is as of this moment the best rock band in the world right now. their album "reflektor" is AMAZING. But the "world" doesn't even know it because rock is just dead.

I had a feeling this was going to happen and to be honest I dont have a problem with this. I was really disapointed with invisible. I downloaded  played in the company of friends and we listened and then all looked at each other and then caried on talking about something which escapes me. But there u have it . Been following since 1983 and been lucky to see most tours etc and thought no other band touched them. if u2 feel it aint ready then it aint ready. respect.

Please stop the POP bashing ................  it is a great record  as was NLOTH.

They have the freedom to do what they want so if they want to revise re record, all good by me. No deadlines or need to keep the bank at bay with another tour blah blah.

Well if it is true it has all been put back lets have a rattle and hum re release with some live DVD of the love town shows, i for one want a nice live version of Hawkmoon 269 to distract me from the wait.

next years subs gift can we have some live cd from the backpages instead of a book too, though i did like this years book.

And then if we go to 2016 I would like a  fan release of Songs of Ascent and all the demoes from the Zooropa sessions please

If it goes to 2017 i would like  a special box set  from original Soundtracks. i want to lose myself in  a 20 minute version of Slug.

People who don't believe the billboard article are just in denial. The only thing that strikes me as odd is how the sources could be so confident it won't come out until 2015. If they are truly recording with these new producers, why would U2 (even if they've never done it in the past) want to rule out the possibility that they can redo some of the songs and/or record some new ones in 4 months or so and release the album in nov. which is prime release season? Seems like there must be something preventing that possibility - perhaps scheduling conflicts with the desired producers or Larry wanting to film another movie role, etc.

So hard being a U2 fan with their lack of output.  Must be a lot easier if Taylor Swift is your favorite artist.

I get pretty pissed off when I hear all the slagging that goes on. Coldplay are a great band, but dont forget, between 1980 and 1991 U2 released 6 studio albums, comparitevely Coldplay are set to release there 6th album shortly, of which by the way I am looking forward to. 

My point is that Coldplay started out in 1999 with Parachutes, and Ghost Stories is coming in 2014, so that is 15 years.

Lets see when there 7th one appears, at any rate U2 are ahead of them on that score.

Let the boys get on with it and before you know it there will much joy to be had by all.

I get pretty pissed off when I hear all the slagging that goes on. Coldplay are a great band, but dont forget, between 1980 and 1991 U2 released 6 studio albums, comparitevely Coldplay are set to release there 6th album shortly, of which by the way I am looking forward to. 

My point is that Coldplay started out in 1999 with Parachutes, and Ghost Stories is coming in 2014, so that is 15 years.

Lets see when there 7th one appears, at any rate U2 are ahead of them on that score.

Let the boys get on with it and before you know it there will much joy to be had by all.

post-294409-0-01644600-1394351144_thumb.jpg

Every time they delay the album, I get less excited and lose faith in the band. Just retire and put us out of our 5 year long misery.

U2 1976-2014

Every time they delay the album, I get less excited and lose faith in the band. Just retire and put us out of our 5 year long misery.

U2 1976-2014

U2 1976-2014

I know its hard to wait, years ago waiting was not a problem because we couldn,t check on there progress like we can now with the information superhighway, I even get annoyed with myself for googling them so much, but its just so easy isn,t it, anyway I think it does get harder as you get older, and bands must run into the same problems when making music, but if we all stick together through thick and thin and support them all the way through then they won,t second guess themselves too much and maybe relax a bit more.

I was wounded very badly spiritually in 2010, and have been through hell and back, but the light is fantastic, and everybody as Daniel Lanois said or was it Brian Eno said don,t walk in the dark for too long.

Its not about going to Church, or spending every weekend in a fellowship gathering, because sometimes the devil makes his bed there. Just be yourself, do the things that make you feel good, treat people well enough, stay positive, dont listen to me too much and everything will settle as it should.

Nothing ever gets finished if there is no deadline to work too. I'm sure we all know this from the workplace , U2 find themselves in this position now . someone either the band , the record company or their new manager needs to just set a deadline .. put them under pressure .we want the album by this date ..no if's or buts ..this is the deadline deliver the album by this date .

book the venues for the tour tell them straight it's booked or you walk away.

this is what would happen if they were a new band , ok i know they are not and have too much control now . But if they were they'd be told to get in the studio work your buts off and finish the job ..like we all have to do in the real world ..

get a grip U2 and stop messing us about !!

p.s still love you :) 

I had a feeling this was going to happen and to be honest I dont have a problem with this. I was really disapointed with invisible. I downloaded  played in the company of friends and we listened and then all looked at each other and then caried on talking about something which escapes me. But there u have it . Been following since 1983 and been lucky to see most tours etc and thought no other band touched them. if u2 feel it aint ready then it aint ready. respect.

Please stop the POP bashing ................  it is a great record  as was NLOTH.

They have the freedom to do what they want so if they want to revise re record, all good by me. No deadlines or need to keep the bank at bay with another tour blah blah.

Well if it is true it has all been put back lets have a rattle and hum re release with some live DVD of the love town shows, i for one want a nice live version of Hawkmoon 269 to distract me from the wait.

next years subs gift can we have some live cd from the backpages instead of a book too, though i did like this years book.

And then if we go to 2016 I would like a  fan release of Songs of Ascent and all the demoes from the Zooropa sessions please

If it goes to 2017 i would like  a special box set  from original Soundtracks. i want to lose myself in  a 20 minute version of Slug.

I totally Agree !!!!!

While I'm also disappointed, I have faith that something will be released sooner rather than later.  U2 is probably tired of the badgering in the press for an album release date.  I'm sure there has been some incredible stuff recorded and it will see the light of day soon.  I'm hoping there will just be a quiet release online and in the marketplace.  U2's incessant promoting of these albums prior to release creates an unreal expectation in the band and with the fans.  How about releasing an album with no expectations and see what happens?  The buzz and expectation they try to create with each release now can never be lived up to in record sales. Remember the push for Magnificent on the last album?  It's a great song but what were they expecting it to do, change the world? How could a song be expected to do that?  I'm not saying that I don't love their albums because I do. I love each and every one of them and I have throughout their entire career.

Hang in there people...

U2 is probably tired of the badgering in the press for an album release date.  

Well U2 shouldn't blame the press, they did a lot of talk about the fantastic songs they have had the past years. They should be tired about themselves. For heaven sake, talk to your fans, give the fans what they want ( u2 live 3d dvd/rattle and hum reissue) and go to work. Probably everybody could be happy. They don't choose either. Angry and disappointed fans, lot of pressure on their own work.....

I would willingly listen to all their old stuff , if it meant they would do a few gig's in UK while i can still get up and boogie us old faithfull and very loyal fan's don't know how much time we have left !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think this whole idea could be a marketing campaign for U2--- somehow. jaja

Don't you think it can actually mean U2 are doing something wrong, this time around ? They're human after all, they make mistakes !

No more words than "I`m really pissed off!. Look at Bruce Springsteen, working harder than ever before, releasing new albumhs in high quality, playing concerts at least 3 1/2 hours per gig, and this man is 63. If the magic is gone there is now way, to bring it back, just by a new producer. Reminds me of Rocky III, the eye of the tiger, in a musical way, is lost.

I sent the following email to the official U2 Information Service in Dublin (info@numb.ie) last night (UK time). I'll let everyone know if I get a reply…

"Hi there,

Just wondering if the band read any of the fan forums on the internet at all? If they don't, they should take a look at the forum on @u2.com (the best 1 out there by the way) and the confusion / anger / upset about the Billboard article published today saying that the new album has been delayed again until 2015.

After all the recent quotes from the band members hinting that an album and tour announcement is imminent (including Bono saying only last week that there are 2 albums nearly ready), plus the increased activity with the releases of Ordinary Love and Invisible, it is indeed very sad if the guys now feel the need to hire yet more producers to try and find the magic to enable them to finish 12 songs for an album.

Fans appreciate that the band only want to release something when they are happy with it - and we all know that they are perfectionists (which is why we've had 35+ years of brilliant music and tours already) - but then they should really just keep quiet and stop teasing us. 

Fans want them to stop trying to make pop songs for the kids and instead make ballsy / angry / groundbreaking / experimental music like they used to. No-one expects anything as good as Achtung Baby again (there can't be, as that was a perfect record) but fans want U2 to stop over-producing stuff again and again, and instead just have the guts to release something that's different.

It would be nice if U2 could put out an official statement of some kind, either to say the Billboard article is not true, or to say it is true - in which case they should disappear completely for this year, get their faces out of the music press, stop attending conferences about non-music things (Bono) and go away and finish the album. 

Alternatively, if there really is nothing left in the tank maybe they should call it a day - that will be a terrible day but at least fans would know where things stand.

Someone needs to tell the band that the quickest way to irrelevance is to release nothing at all. 

With kind regards from a dedicated, loyal, but frustrated U2 fan."

Great job with this letter!  This is one of the factors preventing me from being a paid subscriber-no communication from the band whatsoever...or the manager.  Someone has to be on social media in this day & age...stop with the teasers (people take vacation time based on some of these rumors, coming from the bands' statements in the media themselves), and have to plan financially in advance.

There is another topic on this Forum which includes a link to the Guardian newspaper which mentions that the Album is still scheduled to drop in 2014. 

Of course you have to plan your vacation or whatever you have to do, but people shouldn't do it based on rumors and not official dates...

That's the point, we don't have any Official Information whatsoever ... :(

Disappointing news, I hope it is not true. While I know that U2 owe us nothing and I am saddened by the tone and language of some of the comments by fans, I think U2 need to make a definite official statement to clear the air. For at least 3 years now we have been promised one, two, three and even four albums and now all seems to be coming to nothing. So at this point, please U2, for your loyal fans give us a definitive statement and not leaks, unsourced comments and hype from Bono. Treat us with respect, the kind of respect we hold you our favourite band in. :-)

As a long time fan I just don't like the negative talk on her about U2.  They are my favorite band I love all the music they do.  If a new album comes out great....if they are not ready to release it yet for whatever reason...fine.  I have more things going on in my life besides waiting around for their new album.  It will come eventually and I'm sure I'll love it but I'm not going to obsess over it like some of the people on here.  This is only 1 of 2 fan websites I pay to be a member of and its because I love the band and they give us very nice membership gifts.  I don't join just to get access to concert tickets but that is a nice perk.  I will always be a member of this fan website whether they tour or not because I love the band.  I want to hear a new album as badly as the rest of you but it U2 don't feel ready to put out what they have recorded I will patiently wait and not bad mouth them for the delay.  Peace to all, I'm a fan forever.

Everything you know is wrong..... The best lying band in the world . Welcome to the world of irrelevance. Coldplay is the biggest band in the world today, it's official. If they release in 2015 after all those lies, they are really wankers. I had been a fan of U2 for thirty years. That's definately it.

Coldplay can't touch U2.

Wake up man! Coldplay did just touch U2.  They release an album. U2 doesn't. Coldplay just took over the name 'biggest band in the world today'.

I only see an album release date for Coldplay... they've released nothing yet....  Besides.. releasing an album means nothing... The album could be total crap but even if it's awesome they still couldn't hold a U2 jockstrap.

Edited by Jorstin