Sign in to follow this  
mich40

No Tour 'till 2015 True Or No, Deny Or Spill Truth / Hoping This Is Not True [Merged]

I don't really care how long it takes for U2 to release an album.  What bothers me is that they keep telling us it's coming out in a particular month of a particular year and then they renege on that and change it --they do it over and over.  That's what makes it annoying and frustrating.  Just don't tell us anything until you are really and truely finished.

Someone brought up a good point---the record company has to have a deadline.  I know U2 are so massive that they can do whatever they want, but it seems like they will never finish unless they are held to a deadline.

I am very angry-sad-disappointed  with these promises, Sunflower... :(

I know.  I feel the same.  I'm trying to not pay attention to any of it anymore....all this teasing has become irritating.

Can anyone start a poll with the best suitable producers for this album so we can vote ??? Maybe...just maybe someone from the U2-staff reads it...

I don't really care how long it takes for U2 to release an album.  What bothers me is that they keep telling us it's coming out in a particular month of a particular year and then they renege on that and change it --they do it over and over.  That's what makes it annoying and frustrating.  Just don't tell us anything until you are really and truely finished.

Someone brought up a good point---the record company has to have a deadline.  I know U2 are so massive that they can do whatever they want, but it seems like they will never finish unless they are held to a deadline.

agree but u know creator always has the right to hold back

Can anyone start a poll with the best suitable producers for this album so we can vote ??? Maybe...just maybe someone from the U2-staff reads it...

i would love to do it

I'm not sure they know what they are doing anymore. They shouldn't be trying to make hits just make music they want to make. It's getting so boring listening to all the crap they are coming out with! I love this band but this is just ridiculous! :angry:

I'm not sure they know what they are doing anymore. They shouldn't be trying to make hits just make music they want to make. It's getting so boring listening to all the crap they are coming out with! I love this band but this is just ridiculous! :angry:

Couldn't agree more, man !

It may have been 6 yrs between albums, but they've only been actively working on the new album since the end of the tour in 2011.  They always seem to wait until they get off the road, spend some time with their families, and on vacation; then they go back into the studio.  It was nearly two full years after the Elevation tour ended, before they even started recording "How to Dismantle an Atomic Bomb".  Taking this kind of time is nothing new. Better to take the time to get it right, than to have another "Pop", eh?

What is wrong with Pop?

nothing, it's a great album!

Whats rebel mouse??

Rebel Mouse? I think you mean Danger Mouse, the guy who's supposedly been producing U2's new album. He's a fairly brilliant producer, worked with Gorillaz and The Black Keys on some of their best work.

Whats rebel mouse??

Rebel Mouse? I think you mean Danger Mouse, the guy who's supposedly been producing U2's new album. He's a fairly brilliant producer, worked with Gorillaz and The Black Keys on some of their best work.

thank you!

you get five stars

5stars.PNG

I am a new fan and don't know much except I love the two new songs Invisible and Ord. Love. But all I can say here is: be lucky as U2 fans that they don't write albums for money and fame or maybe for the purpose of selling records. They write when they have inspiration. Their lyrics are complex and reveal effort. I know bands who write simple songs but release albums every year or two years..... That's mechanical on my opinion....

And at least Edge hasn't left any of their tours in the middle and didn't force the band to find a replacement at short notice.

Shite...!!! Likely should have stayed away from this series of comments as only resulted in feeling down. Was keeping fingers crossed all  winter...and it was a long winter where I live, that disk comes out in the spring and the tour begins in the late summer to fall.

I can relate to the general feeling and disappointment. Lets get naked and run around the block together in protest...seems like the only thing left to do !!

This is how U2 is now operating.  Each album takes longer and longer.  It will be 15 years before the one after the next one at best :)  whenever that is......

The boys have a lot of individual things going on and are not focused.  And seem to not take to the recommendations of producers.  Rubin would tell them to get bent and get it right....keep them focused and rolling.  I don't think he would like the long many month breaks between work sessions.  

U2 are also putting out a lot of mid-tempo mellow stuff in these teaser tracks.  I like that like I like anything....in moderation.  Not every song sounding so mundane.  I have not liked much from No Line on.  They need to get divorced/fight or something.....get some angst to write good stuff.

Give away all their money to charity and start over ! That might create a bit if "angst" as you see it Swanny66 !

Good points though. I really get what they are all about outside of music, but ultimately it does come back to the music.

Nice to see new faces in the zoo prior to ticket sales (!)  Chris1043. Welcome.

The boys have a lot of individual things going on and are not focused.  

Hi Swanny66, regarding what you said above - yes it is very disappointing to wait so long for a new album, but it is MORE upsetting to buy tickets to a show expecting to see the members of the band on stage, and then not have them show up because they checked in to rehab or quit the tour right in the middle of it to spend time with their child.  This did happen with another band.  I forgot to read the guidelines here at the U2 Forums, and don't know if we can talk about other bands.  Don't even know why I brought up this topic. It just came to my mind as I'm sitting here watching The Big Band Theory :-)  Have a good weekend everyone.

I say relax.  Have they let you down? They've been teasing us, sure, but until you hear it from them on this website it's all speculation. So sit back, put on a great U2 album, and trust that the next album will be worthy of the rotation in your life. And then we'll see the boys on the road again.  And that's the point, am I right?

there is a report in the SCOTTISH DAILY RECORD newspaper that U2 were trying to book the venue the GLASGOW HYDRO for shows in SEP 2014 ! they were unable to do so becvause it was fully booked but it all goes well for a UK indoor tour this year .

Maybe the magic is gone, who knows. What I am fed up of hearing is Bono harping on about needing to be relevant. It's music, if it's good it's good. Not sure what makes something relevant - appealing to teenagers? I've been a U2 fan for 25 years - don't care about being relevant.