Sign in to follow this  
mich40

No Tour 'till 2015 True Or No, Deny Or Spill Truth / Hoping This Is Not True [Merged]

I can wait until 2015 if there's a tour sometime through the year, a first single release in late jan or feb can easierly fit in a tour in the same year with an album out in April 13th preferably, fantastic birthday present :) . Been saving for the tour for a few months, at this rate i'll be doing every show! LOL 

Patience people.

- U2 never pre-announce a new release

- U2 are them most private when they want to say something...Its all a joke until its an official press release.

- U2 no longer release then rehearse their album. Pop ended that. They all hated that they couldnt play it live. They rehease the live sound and book the tour, do remixes and video's and its all ready to hit the road on release.

- New producers = a new sound....ATYCLB & NLOTH were also 5 years in the making. The sound of Invisible sounds so fresh, new and its one they gave away early.

We all know the sound on the new album wont be the live sound. Playing a studio is what U2 do worst. Taking it to a stadium is what they do best. Thats always what they find more challenging...Im happy to wait. Imagine how frustrating it is for them. Its gotta be good.

I would be happy with a tour in 2015, preferably if they come to Sweden. That would be great! It's been years and years since I saw them live.

According to the internet. It's not been this long....   yet! ;)

Portishead - 11 years

Verve- 11/12 years

Van Halen- 12 years

G&R- 15 yrs

Kraftwork- 17 yrs

The Cars- 23 yrs

The Who- 24 yrs

Eagles- 28 yrs

New York Dolls- 32 yrs

Comes out in 2015 with a tour then i'll take it!

Wow..those bands took so long to make an album that I forgot about them...It's like a friend who never calls for 20 years..You don't know if he's still alive !  The only ones big enough not to forget about are The Who but that is not an excuse as it shouldn't be for U2 either !!!

Wow..those bands took so long to make an album that I forgot about them...It's like a friend who never calls for 20 years..You don't know if he's still alive !  The only ones big enough not to forget about are The Who but that is not an excuse as it shouldn't be for U2 either

yeah, their taking the piss lol. To be fair if they had anything good i'm sure they would have released something. Least we got the 360 new songs, OL and Invisible thats pretty much a mini album there.

Oh, forgot the 5min clip of ocean waves on the beach  ;)

Edited by utwothefly

Oh my God, reading this thread is like pressure pressure pressure. Here's the deal, all artists have self doubts, critics and people who undermine and don't believe what they are trying to do or produce, in any of the arts.

I just recently saw a new documentary on John Lennon and he had not produced an album in 5 years because he was busy raising Sean. He saw that as more important, some would say it isn't, I agree with John Lennon it is more important. That is what that song 'Watching the Wheels' song was about. Those who thought he should have been 'in the scene man'. John Lennon kept the creation of the album 'Double Fantasy' top secret because he himself had self doubts and didn't know whether he still had it. He didn't want that negativity around him. 

I say, do what you want to do, say what you want to say and fuck what people think.

Hi all, I am a huge U2 fan since the early 80ies yet a silent one so far. But their music has always been with me, through childhood, adolescence, University, in great loves and in breakups, while travelling around, at work....now my 5 year-old daughter is already a fan, too. I ve read this thread carefully.

All I have to say is that these guys have produced a huge discography during decades, and we are talking about a discography that is greater than any other in this period of time, their sound, their lyrics, the whole package (this is my personal view of course). Other bands have come and gone, U2’s music is still in my IPod. For me they have done a great job and I' d rather wait a year or two (or more) than having them release something under pressure. Invincible is a fantastic new song and its release and promotion was amazing too.

To sum up, they do not need to prove anything, they've done so long ago; this album would be more like a bonus.

Check q magazine, apparently album nearly ready or done and band feeling confident. I think they didn't want to clash with releases such as Arcade fire last year and coldplay. The album will seem all the better for having a bit of cultural space. Fingers crossed, we're all at turning point with U2. They could come back kicking ass!!!

HI  ALL I HAVE HEARD IS THE MANAGER PAUL LEFT THE U2 EXPERIENCE IN NOVEMBER LAST YEAR WHICH HAS DELAYED THE NEW ALBUM SONG OF ACENT. NOT REALY SURE WHATS GOING ON IN THE WORLD ANYONE HELP . PHIL

Again, re-reading these comments I think it's important that people DO care about the music and are interested in what is coming. I am not belittling that process. I also think that other work that is done aside from the music is important too. Most importantly the whole process should be fun and enjoyable. 

I would be happy with a tour in 2015, preferably if they come to Sweden. That would be great! It's been years and years since I saw them live.

What a beautiful username. That's all - just wanted to say that. :)

Interesting point that ozziepaulgerrard said: "U2 no longer release then rehearse their album. Pop ended that. They all hated that they couldnt play it live. They rehease the live sound and book the tour, do remixes and video's and its all ready to hit the road on release."

Again, re-reading these comments I think it's important that people DO care about the music and are interested in what is coming. I am not belittling that process. I also think that other work that is done aside from the music is important too. Most importantly the whole process should be fun and enjoyable. 

VacantLot, Jim's been asking about you !

VacantLot, Jim's been asking about you !

Tell him I've gone fishing.

What a beautiful username. That's all - just wanted to say that. :)

Thank you.  :)  It's a "merge" between Nick Drake's Way to Blue and Jeff Buckley's Grace. Both very beautiful albums.

I don't really care how long it takes the band to come out with a new album, as I know pretty much whatever they do will be better than the VAST majority of what's played on the radio these days. I just wish they'd quit with the teasing... telling the media and the fans that "oh, yeah, it'll definitely be out by such-and-such month" and then with that time comes, it's "oops, sorry, we've run into problems..."

They really need to make a policy of NOT saying anything until the album is actually WELL on it's way to being done (i.e., in post-production) and they can give a pretty solid estimate of when it'll actually be complete and on it's way to stores.

I'm bit surprised at some of the visceral reaction to an album delay. After all this group has done over the years I think they are entitled to a redo if they don't like the direction the record is heading. I'd rather wait then listen to a crap record.

For me. When it's done. It's done And we'll all know when it's done. Loving this band since 1980.

I don't really care how long it takes the band to come out with a new album, as I know pretty much whatever they do will be better than the VAST majority of what's played on the radio these days. I just wish they'd quit with the teasing... telling the media and the fans that "oh, yeah, it'll definitely be out by such-and-such month" and then with that time comes, it's "oops, sorry, we've run into problems..."

They really need to make a policy of NOT saying anything until the album is actually WELL on it's way to being done (i.e., in post-production) and they can give a pretty solid estimate of when it'll actually be complete and on it's way to stores.

That doesn't really say much as the following albums

Naked and Famous 'Rolling Waves'

National; 'Trouble Will Find Me'

Interpol 'el Pintor'

Are/were not played on the vast majority of radio. All solid efforts nonetheless.

I think the days of a band keeping its fans out of the loop of what is happening in their musical journey is over. All the above 3 have proven that. U2 have the worst communication at the moment of any band.

So now the album is out. Jippi! Eagerly awaiting news and dates on a tour. Oh and thanks Bono, Larry, Edge and Adam for the free album. :)