Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

zoocat

A Soaring Sound

A bit of reading material, got a couple more to add in too.

post-294409-0-50278500-1395641475_thumb.jpg

post-294409-0-19997000-1395641520_thumb.jpg

I think Pearl Jam wrote a song about Bono, the song went, he has a big old ring that says Jesus saves and he banged it on the metal locker at work that day.

post-294409-0-79394900-1395641735_thumb.jpg

The Pearl Jam song I suspect was written for Bono was called Unemployable, 

All joking aside I think it is a term that a lot of us can relate to at some point. I was probably and maybe still am unemployable to a certain faction.

The Pearl Jam song I suspect was written for Bono was called Unemployable, 

All joking aside I think it is a term that a lot of us can relate to at some point. I was probably and maybe still am unemployable to a certain faction.

post-294409-0-21895000-1395642836_thumb.jpg

Tenerife...wow...That was a mysterious journey...I think they also went to Morocco because you can hear that on Achtung Baby...but they never mentioned about that journey until the Mysterious Ways video-shoot when they only said "they got inspired by the city of Fez" ... Can you give me details on this, since you read the book ????  Please !!!

In which book can these Matvelous photos be found ???

In which book can these Matvelous photos be found ???

The book is called U2 & I, compiled by Anton Corbijn, should be available somewhere if you hunt really hard, I only know what is said in the accompanying passage with the Tennerife photo, there maybe something in U2 by U2, which I am about to start reading shortly. I guess I could post the passage next to the photo if you cant make out the handwriting.

I know what they say in U2 by U2 (I have it)..they went on a break from the recordings...between Hansa and Dublin they had a gap...they went to Tenerife and Morocco and that shaped their new sound a lot but they don't tell much..Well..it's better not to know ;) !!!

This book is awesome, man !!! I didn't know Corbijn's book would be this cool !!! U2 by U2 is cool too..I think you'll enjoy it..I know I did !