Sign in to follow this  
PATFREEMAN

U2 - New World Tour In 2015 (Speculation)

285593_193732150691345_8200726_n.jpg

A lot of speculation about a new world tour in June has circulated the Internet since Paul McGuinness' quote was published in The Irish Times interview looking back at his career managing U2.

"Today, sales of the new U2 album, which is due out in March, no longer really matter much. Sales of tickets for their world tour, which is due to begin in June, really do."

Reeve Carney (Bono’s Spiderman), who was playing in Ireland last week at The Workman’s Inn twitted that he was listening to amazing new music being recorded by a very famous Irish band. It is well known to the public of his friendship with the U2 band members and Reeve reportedly spent over a month in Ireland previously to his performance. Off course that generated rumors that He was indeed referring to U2’s New Album.

All U2 fans are anxious for a new world tour and especially Irish fans, who are hopping that more than 3 dates are going to be in the Agenda. It is always extra special to listen to the band playing in their home country. Although more often than not, Bono has no chance to sing to the Irish Public, since the Irish audiences have the habit to sing to the performers instead of hearing them sing.

On the end of March we will be interviewing Gavin Friday (Bono’s best friend), Virgin Prunes front man about his music and career and if we can we will sneak a question on the world tour rumors in…

That will be a very interesting piece, do not miss out! Publishing date to be announced soon!

It is fuelled by this passion for music that flows through the Irish public that we at http://www.festivalandgigguide.ie will keep an ear to the ground to make sure we have all the details beforehand.

Follow Us on Twitter: @Festgigguide and Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/festivalandgigguideie

Edited by PATFREEMAN

I looked at the article, it says it was published on 16 November 2013. 4 months later, we've no album and no tour announced.

Keep the Faith Good things come to those who wait :)

And wait,and wait,and wait and get their hopes built up and then wait some more

Keep the Faith Good things come to those who wait :)

And wait,and wait,and wait and get their hopes built up and then wait some more

And get kicked in the balls some more.

Come on lads! I am sure we would only have a couple more YEARS or so to wait! Don't lose hope!

come on, for now it's only +1 year (for 2015) than between "How to dismantle an atomic bomb" (2004) and "no line on the horizon" (2009).

Edited by soey

come on, for now it's only +1 year (for 2015) than between "How to dismantle an atomic bomb" (2004) and "no line on the horizon" (2009).

I'd add a few more after the plus sign....

As am Irishman I can Tell you U2 will Never Split They might slow down a little But who would blame them for that. World Tour on the road for Two years getting home once every six months or so!! You have to ask yourself would You be able for it I personally would not !! I love U2 i am a big fan just like you all I dont mind waiting for there next Tour because I Know it's Going to be Great