Sign in to follow this  
Allegra

New Album? Wot New Album? (Merged)

I have mine on the arm of my sofa, dip into it here and there but I'm so precious about keeping it pristine which isn't easy when I'm munching cheese 'n onions crisps with one hand with a choc bar at the ready and a cup of tea balanced precariously beside me (too lazy to stretch to the table y'see)..you'd think they'd take this into account for people like me....hardback with protective covers perhaps...

Cling film ?

Oh and cheese and onion crisps are just wrong

cheesy bunion

I have Tesco cling film , it clings to nothing, not even itself!

Listening to Elbow on the radio, currently talking about their album on how they 'just get on with it' and that without a deadline you'd never finish it bc you always think you can better it. Interesting.

Listening to Elbow on the radio, currently talking about their album on how they 'just get on with it' and that without a deadline you'd never finish it bc you always think you can better it. Interesting.

Precisely! Have you ever seen them in concert? I was thinking of going when they come here soon.

I only saw them when they supported U2, they were brilliant, violins 'n all, a real treat! Hope to see them one day (like this? :) ), I know some peeps in here have seen them and I've not heard a bad review. They are a masterclass of a band. Hope you get to see them!

Precisely! Have you ever seen them in concert? I was thinking of going when they come here soon.

Definitely go, they are a class live act. I saw them three years ago in London, then when they headlined Latitude a couple of years ago, great gigs. My brother also saw them at Reading when they were on before Muse, he had a good night!

You can find me IN North Side Story!   :blink:  As a long term fan I was asked by Niall Stokes for old (Dutch/Belgium) musicmagazine articles (wich ofcourse I have) for in NSS.. I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw that they 'honoured' me with TWO pages; page 171 and 181. And yes, I 'm a bit proud, haha.

You should definitely check them live. I was lucky seeing them at Studio Brussel's Club69 (Belgian radio) about 2 weeks ago and they were absolutely fantastic. Only 69 couples got the chance to attend the concert.

http://www.stubru.be/programmas/club69/ditwaselbowinclub69

You can find me IN North Side Story!   :blink:  As a long term fan I was asked by Niall Stokes for old (Dutch/Belgium) musicmagazine articles (wich ofcourse I have) for in NSS.. I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw that they 'honoured' me with TWO pages; page 171 and 181. And yes, I 'm a bit proud, haha.

aweesome!!!

send me a PM, so that I will remember to look for it B)

click on this link and you can see at the top left hand side that you can have the article translated into english...

seems they are holed up in the studio....when they emerge, Im sure they will all need a shower and a shave and will be very scruffy and foggy headed.....right?!

but the music they made was worth it all :D

click on this link and you can see at the top left hand side that you can have the article translated into english...

seems they are holed up in the studio....when they emerge, Im sure they will all need a shower and a shave and will be very scruffy and foggy headed.....right?!

but the music they made was worth it all :D

I just LOVE the way you put it, Spicy !!!! :D

There's really a lack of information at the moment. I'm not waiting on another U2 track top 15 from a longtime U2friend. These articles are boring in these times (when we all wait on new album news).

It feels like u2's been beaten by Coldplay last month, when they announced their new album. I remember it's  been almost a year since a photo appeared with U2 talking to Steve Averill for the design. For an early summer release we must hear some news in the coming weeks. Otherwise I think a 2014 album will be out of the picture. 

One has to do with little scraps of "news" these days:

"In a call to Dublin's "Ray Foley Show" on 98 FM, Clayton also managed to break a little music news by saying that he and his U2 mates (Bono, The Edge, Larry Mullen Jr.) were nearing the end of some recording. 

When Foley asked if he should get his hopes up for a new album from the Irish superstars, Clayton said, "I can't say when we'll be releasing it, but we hope to have it finished by the end of the summer, which would be great, and we're very excited about it, and we want to get it out as quickly as possible."

http://www.today.com/entertainment/u2s-adam-clayton-battled-emptiness-despite-bands-huge-success-2D79603299

I wonder if Adam has forgotten that he said that same thing last summer,

or is he simply hoping that we have forgotten he said it?  :P

Sometimes it's better to have amnesia. Then you can't get disappointed.

There's a missing flying piggy :rolleyes: ...now who could that be...