Sign in to follow this  
Allegra

New Album? Wot New Album? (Merged)

Yeah, I'll be happy however it comes out as long as it does. Next Tuesday! Surely not?!

Me also & agreed...

I saw the same info on FB - I think it was relaying the Tweet. It said out on the 9th? Not likely, there has been no press on this - all speculation up to now. I could be wrong, but I've never known the band to put out an album sans a press release of some kind on quite a massive scale. 

On a good note with all of the speculation something must be brewing? Possibly?

Eh, either way, I'm happy to get a new album whenever it's ready.

You won't have to buy the iPhone 6 just to get the new album. That'd be ridiculous!

Yep, they've done things similar to this in the past with the U2 iPod thing they did a while back, and the new album was available in all the typical formats for those who didn't want the iPod. 

Hey guys,

Stumbled upon this remarkable article: http://www.macrumors.com/2014/09/03/u2-iphone-6-launch-rumors/ where it says U2's new album is loaded on the iPhone 6, which will be released on the 9th of September.

My first reaction was: "but U2 always hints for new releases by mailing their fanbase", but if they're really partnering up with Apple, it could be Apple has some big-ass policy to keep this secret.

Maybe, maybe its just a couple of days before we hear something of U2!

So apparently...

The iphone is launched on the 9th like we know, but this Bryan guy says it wont be actually available for a bit after!, so the single release on that day seems very likely now and also the album on the phone. 

“U2′s new album will come pre loaded on the iPhone 6… Expect a promotion onslaught from next Tuesday when it’ll premiere on Dublin’s 2FM” and then later added “The single will be out on the 9th – the phone doesn’t get to shops right away, Takes time.

@u2.com reported: There’s also this, from a guy who took photos at the video shoot in Dublin: “Looks like the new U2 album maybe preloaded on to iPhone6. The focus of the “video” on the Samuel Beckett bridge last week was a phone. The main actor held the phone in the same position for the whole shoot. A massive stage/white building is being set up right now at Apple for the launch on the 9th.

......So, the video shoot has been confirmed now it was u2, so seeing as someone held up a phone for the whole u2 shoot seems likely it will be for the new iphone. If i was in the u.s id take a road trip...  :D 

Edited by utwothefly

My money is on it being a single tie in as Vertigo was for the iPod launch back in the HTDAAB era. Even before Paul McGuinness stepped down he talked about being in negotiation for a new brand partner.  

A tie in with U2 would be nothing new as this has been there business practice for over a decade and something we've all be well aware of.

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/u2-quash-iphone6-rumours-30561793.html

U2 has quashed rumours it has struck a deal with Apple to pre-load their new album on to the iPhone 6.

A spokeswoman for the band said Bono and co have not struck a deal with Apple to release their upcoming album on its next

"They are not releasing their album on the iPhone, and they are not performing at the IPhone launch," she said.

Unverified posts on Twitter had claimed a video shoot in Dublin in recent weeks featured U2 and an Apple product.

The Samuel Beckett bridge was closed for several hours as secret filming went ahead behind black plastic sheets.

However the spokeswoman said U2 were not in the capital at the time.

Apple are expected to launch their new smartphone, the iPhone 6, at a special event on September 9th, but the anticipated at California’s Flint Centre, aunch has been dogged with controversy following the hacking of nude celebrity photos over the past few days.

-----------------------------------------------------------
Edited by MacFoley

U2 agent: "Not aware" of any plans to release new album on iPhone6

U2′s publicist has said that she is “not aware of any plans” to release the band’s new album pre-loaded on the iPhone 6.

Her comments follow widespread rumours that the band would do so, amid talk of a possible marketing tie-in ahead of the new iPhone’s launch next week.

Regine Moylett of RMP London told DailyEdge.ie: “No, I’m not aware of any plans to load the album onto a phone.”

You can read the full article in the The Daily Edge.

So just the single then?... 

Surely their involved with Apple just not the album going on the phone. I think?!  :rolleyes:

Ive actually got no idea  :P

Edited by utwothefly

Surely their involved with Apple just not the album going on the phone. I think?!  :rolleyes:

I don't think anyone has to be fair! :D

You can read the full article in the The Daily Edge.

May we have also a daily Bono and Adam and Larry? :P

So...no single on sep.9th? Or simply no with Apple? We should stay tuned on 2FM on tuesday

A fan on a FB thingy page i'm on said this  -

* I wonder if this is the same spokeswoman who denied that there was a U2 project being filmed in Dublin, when she denied that by saying the filming was for an up and coming band. Shortly after that statement from that spokeswomen, Dublin City Council confirmed it WAS a U2 project, sotherefore the spokeswomen lied.

Haha i know mate. I don't even believe the spokeswoman! lol 

Edited by utwothefly

Guess we will find out in a few days if U2 are going to be playing this gig for Apple. 

Guess we will find out in a few days if U2 are going to be playing this gig for Apple. 

Feels like its gone tits up lol. She didn't mentioned anything about a single...

Feels like its gone tits up lol. She didn't mentioned anything about a single...

Still waiting for official confirmation that the bridge was shut due to U2. When I mean official, I mean by a member from the U2 camp. All we have had is tabloid or paper articles. Nothing really legit.

The 9th isn't too far off, I guess we'll find out then.

One thing...

Least this time they have done a good job keeping fans guessing on what exactly they are doing,,, rather than leaking the album 2 weeks before the release date like last time!  :lol:

Still waiting for official confirmation that the bridge was shut due to U2. When I mean official, I mean by a member from the U2 camp. All we have had is tabloid or paper articles. Nothing really legit.

I think the council confirmed it was u2, which i would believe... maybe!? :P. Got trust issues atm lol

Edited by utwothefly