Sign in to follow this  
Allegra

New Album? Wot New Album? (Merged)

Gavin Friday: "I've heard the new album and it certainly is a development." Interesting.

It will be out, when we see it announced here or in the stores, meanwhile, enjoy the rest of their music.

Walk On!!!!!

I can wait. I actually thought it would be another year or two before the guys would even be in the studio, so there you go.

And yes, this just means I can annoy my husband with older U2 stuff for even longer. (insert evil grin here as he is not a big fan)

It's fine if it takes 6 years or 7 years or whatever but they need to stop getting our hopes up by teasing us.  This year and last year we kept hearing that a new album is coming out.  Don't say it's coming out this year if it isn't finished.  Tell us when it's all recorded, mixed and ready to go.  It just makes is annoying now.

Edited by Sunflower1mdp

It is probably a very clever tactic that is being used.Mention the album get people talking just like we are.Get the interest going early doors.

We should take this time in between albums to aprreciate how great their lastest 2009 release NLOTH was and is. As with every release since Zooropa, it has taken this time now, waiting for a new record, to appreciate the last one!! Just like Atomic Bomb, just like ATYCLB, and POP is still not given its due. Only true U2 fans know that every single album is a masterpiece! There's a bounty of U2 music to keep us fulfilled until the next brilliant sounds of the greatest band in the world grace us with the gift of music!!

If this article is correct I'm really not surprised, I thought all along it would realistically be Spring 2014...February/March is still my guess.

There's also the fact that Bono always says 1. They have a new album, it's huge, a monster, Edge loves it. and 2. Bono always says its unfinished.  Even albums that've already released.  To Bono the album is never finished.

Oooooh that'd be a nice birthday gift for me then!! Tho I think Larry said hopefully December so I'll go with that for now...Xmas prezzy! :D  

If this article is correct I'm really not surprised, I thought all along it would realistically be Spring 2014...February/March is still my guess.

They'd be losing the Christmas window for sales...look what happened in the last March release  :wacko:

nah I think it'll be out before the end of the year, just playing with our feelings

Shawn Bonneaufide or not so Bonneaufide? that is the question... ^_^

• Upvote 1

PS. Febottini posted this downstairs

Larry was at a Yankee's game in NYC last night (August 10) and supposedly told a fan that they "hope to have the album finished by the end of the year". 

We will probably get an announcement all of a sudden.Something along the lines of this is the first single from the new album it is out tomorrow,with a bit of a video teaser.

• Upvote 1

I'll let you know when Bono texts me the latest ^_^

If it's out before Retail Hell Season (aka Christmas), I know what I'm asking my husband to get me!

what year?

Could be a Trekkie stardate at this rate (warp speed is not available)! ;)

Hey guys,

It was posted at Interference and some people posted here too.

"According to a poster who's running a production company on interference.com,
the single will drop Sep. 23 with the album on Nov. 18th."

http://zootopia.u2.com/topic/27025-u2-mixing-the-new-album-in-new-york-and-to-be-released-in-december/page-4#entry858395

We will probably get an announcement all of a sudden.Something along the lines of this is the first single from the new album it is out tomorrow,with a bit of a video teaser.

agree..that sounds more like them :)