Sign in to follow this  
Allegra

New Album? Wot New Album? (Merged)

I totally agree with every valid point.seems like we wait ages for the website to be updated and when it is it is info that every dog in the street knows.Time for exclusive content on the new album.cant remember the last time i seen a pic of the band in the studio!!!!

According to Andy Greene, Rolling Stone editor, on twitter:

"U2 are smart to push their album to 2014. Hard to compete with Arcade Fire, Eminem, Gaga, Katy Perry, Miley, Timberlake and Pearl Jam."

"They fear a lousy chart position. They fear the media focusing on other acts. They fear Top 40 radio ignoring them."

"They don't just want to appeal to critics and die hard fans. They want relevance in the pop world again."

"I've honestly heard nothing. But at this point a 2013 release seems extremely unlikely."

• Upvote 1

Thanks Fe. It will happen when it happens I s'pose, sometimes I wonder why they don't just say it straight (I'm sure they have a pretty fair idea by now!!) but I figure by keeping up the speculation and the rumour mill going that in itself keeps them relevant :wacko:

I s'pose time really is irrelevant when it comes to their album! but that doesn't stop them coming in and saying hi every now and then  <_<

• Upvote 1

"Il nuovo disco degli U2 sicuramente non iscurà quest'anno".

According to the Italian news site and if I understand well the new record will "certainly not" be released this year.

After Universal and McGuinness Confirmed a new U2 album towards the end of the year...and Larry said they'll be mostly finished with it at the end of the summer...

how loooong to release new songs how loooong to release new songs...how long, how long, how long...to release new songs

Maybe it´s just like Rolling Stone´s editor said on twitter... Now there are many artists releasing albuns... They want the focus only for them. And if they release the album in 2014 it´d be better to be the only one in the spotlight.

• Upvote 1

I woke up this morning and I found the new Paul McCartney's song online!! How I'd love U2 will do something like this for their next album...utopia! :(

Anton Savage was joined in studio today by Steve Lillywhite, Johnny Logan and Samantha Mumba to talk about the big finale on The Hit.

U2 producer Lillywhite teased details of the new U2 album saying: “I’ve heard some of it, I was round Bono’s house the other day and it sounds very good”. However, he kept Ray D’Arcy Show listeners in suspense as he wouldn’t comment on a release date or on the style of the album.

Lilllywhite is one of the key figures in The Hit, having selected the songs that will be seen showcased by songwriters to acts they hope will turn them into hits.

Tonight, three-time Eurovision winner Johnny Logan will go up against Samantha Mumba, whose debut album Gotta Tell You spent six months on the US Billboard charts in 2000.

Samantha Mumba will be performing ‘Somebody Like Me’ while Johnny Logan will be singing ‘Prayin’’.

157fs68023.gif even Elmo is getting impatient now...

Regurgitating old news bores the life outta me, just like folk who do break proper u2 news then someone comes on and tries to claim it as theirs...... despise that behaviour.

I am appalled that you would plagiarise my awesome non news blog 'Stop the presses', embellish it with some fancy facts and links to a radio show and not even quote me as the inspiration for your non news.......... yoke.

Shocking.

:/

Edited by Davcal

I am appalled that you would plagiarise my awesome non news blog 'Stop the presses', embellish it with some fancy facts and links to a radio show and not even quote me as the inspiration for your non news.......... yoke.

Shocking.

Truly shocking, I mean it's not like bloggers ever plagarise... :P  ;)

Shocking.

Truly shocking, I mean it's not like bloggers ever plagarise... :P  ;)

Thats true, Joe is a bolix for it!

This is about as official a statement as we're likely to get on U2's album plans. In a pre-recorded interview that aired this morning on Ireland's Newstalk FM, Bono told host Pat Kenny that the band has no "commitment to any release schedule" and said he'd "like to think that next year there'll be a U2 release."

The interview was recorded over the weekend (Friday or Saturday, in all likelihood) while Bono was still in Ghana. (The band was in Copenhagen on Sunday.) It aired this morning on the first day of Kenny's new show. The focus of the conversation was the death of Irish poet Seamus Heaney and Bono's recent trip to Africa, but it ended with this exchange about U2's plans:

Kenny: The band, what are you up to at the moment? Back in studio, or finished or ... what?

Bono: The band? Uhm, we're nearly there, I think -- though this can change. There's no sense from the band of any commitment to any release schedule, any ... to anything. They just want to be really -- make some great music.

But I think we're nearly there, and once we're there we'll know it. I'd like to think that next year, there'll be a U2 release.

I mean, it sounds like we've been flaffing around, but actually what we've -- what's just happened is that we just got lost in the music and went right back to why we wanted to be in a band in the first place -- listen to the music of the mid-70s, punk rock, electronica -- we're really sort of beginning again.

I know we do this periodically, but you have to. And so ... it's very different, very fresh sound, and some beautiful songs ... big hooks ... and yeah, you'll be sick of us. I hope!

You can hear it for yourself on the Newstalk website. This part of the conversation begins at the 20:20 mark.

This is the third report in the past 10 days saying there won't be a U2 album in 2013. Steve Lillywhite recently said that to a fan in Dublin, and Universal Music Italy also told the same to U2place.com.

• Upvote 5

All I can say is : ...

Edited by pain_18_

And an Arrow for you, Febottini, for keeping us posted, better than U2.com does !

• Upvote 3

And an Arrow for you, Febottini, for keeping us posted, better than U2.com does !

Thanks!

• Upvote 1