Sign in to follow this  
Allegra

New Album? Wot New Album? (Merged)

Thank you for sharing these pics!!

Of course! They aren't mine, but I came across them on a different forum and had to share them. I want to believe the Guggi story so badly.

• Upvote 1

Some "new" news :)

https://twitter.com/sgtshears

(thanks to acrobat269 @ u2place.com)

1. @atu2 also he said "It's a bit of a return of U2 of old with the maturity of the U2 from the past 10 years a it's a nice combination hybrid"

2. @atu2 @98FM they want to finish all next month so they can take December off

3. @u2_news recien adam en radio irlandesa: "album very early next year" y tienen 12 canciones nuevas y esperan tener todo listo el proximo mes

4. @atu2 adam clayon on @98FM: album out "very early next year" and they have 12 NEW SONGS and they hope to finish all by the end of november..

Edited by monica martino
  • Upvote 2

Adam Clayton: New album has 12 songs, out ‘sometime early next year’

Adam Clayton was on Ireland's 98FM about an hour ago, primarily to talk about World Mental Health Day and his continuing work on the Walk In My Shoes mental health campaign, but the conversation with hosts Dermot and Dave eventually turned to U2's music and album plans.

And unlike Bono's recent comments on U.S. TV, Adam shared some actual information:

"We are still at it. We hope to have it finished very, very soon. And it will be out, oh ... sometime early next year. But it's a very exciting bunch of songs right at the moment. But it's just about to be finished, so it's hard to know which way they'll go.

"I think it's a bit of a return to U2 of old, but with the maturity, if you like, of the U2 of the last 10 years. It's a combination of those two things and it's a really interesting hybrid."

Later, after some talk about Rattle And Hum's 25th anniversary, he adds more:

"We're in the studio. We're trying to get these 12 songs absolutely right and get them finished by the end of November, and then we can kind of enjoy Christmas."

You can listen to the short conversation on 98FM's website. The album chat starts at about the 4:45 mark.

• Upvote 5

So from NY Studio to Dublin Studio, but without really a break in between? I wonder why? 

Here's a man with guts ! Adam isn't afraid of being killed for giving us a few details on the album ! Wait to go, Adam !!!

Edited by pain_18_

yeeeeeah now we're up and running whoop whoop!! :D

tumblr_mtv8zisCaE1rn05kho1_400.gif

• Upvote 1

Speeding on the subway..through the stations all across !!! Smashing the tension and Grabbing the New Album !!!

Edited by pain_18_

so at least we know that they MUST finish the album before Xmas so Adam can go to holiday in Brasil!

• Upvote 1

Heheheh. He's nice, eh? It's very pleasant  to hear him from time to time... And I'm glad to hear such great news! I think he's such a nice person because he's doing what he says is a small thing, but it must mean a lot to help people that not many persons use to care about.

What he said about the new album sounds great to me, it is like they are giving the best of them and that must be a crazy wild thing!! B) I have a premonition! Good vibes or something!

It is curious what he said about the time of Rattle And Hum, it must have been an AMAZING time but I think I understand what he said, it must have been a little too much pressure for quite young people. Maybe nowadays they are much more able to enjoy everything than they were then, isn't it?

Yes, I hope all goes well and everyone can enjoy christmas!!

:)  :)  :)  ;)

Whoah! Yesterday - 4:11 pm. Some REAL ALBUM NEWS!!! (And a lot of people will miss it because they're so used to there not being any real news on it, so they just don't check for it any more.) Honestly, I think that's the first real thing I've heard about this album since finding out for sure where it was going to be recorded & who was going to be their producer on it (which was a big jump from Steve Lillywhite saying 'if they ask me').

• Upvote 1

Has anyone actually seen the guys at the studio in Dublin? :)

Edited by jenny1980

Gary Paul might know...but I haven't seen him around here in ages !

Thought It would be after Christmas...I'm actually pleased about it though, at least there will be something to look forward after the holidays!

Now I wonder what the subscription gift will be this year.... <_<

• Upvote 1

Yup...I can't wait to find out...Hope it will be something that involves a LOT of DRUMMING !!!

I would love them to put together a collection of singles that are Different from the album version...Especially for the Please Single...I just can't find that Marvelous Version anywhere so I really want that !!!

Plus the Studio Versions of the Songs played on the 360 which they said are NOT album Worthy...Plus a NEW Reworked Track from Pop...Like Last NIght on Earth with Edge's solo at the end !!!

OR Rattle and Hammer (hint! Don't minimize Larry's drumming again like you did with the previous two cds!!!) Remastered and Deluxed for the U2.com fans !!!

We deserve this !!!

Edited by pain_18_

And THis:

Subscribers Newsletter-Not to be Missed !

Dear CRISTIAN,

Something a bit special is coming up on our U2.com subscription site tomorrow.

As you know, we like to show you some love - so tomorrow we're bringing you something a little out of the ordinary.

Can't say anymore but sign in Thursday at 6.30pm (US EDT).
Check the time in your location.

best wishes,
The U2.com Team.

I feel bad....I want to be excited about all of this but when each announcement is followed by another delay, etc., it makes it difficult.  I'm still going to log in tonight to see what the surprise is.  I kind of hope it is new album related. 

• Upvote 2

I feel bad....I want to be excited about all of this but when each announcement is followed by another delay, etc., it makes it difficult.  I'm still going to log in tonight to see what the surprise is.  I kind of hope it is new album related. 

Same here.