Sign in to follow this  
Allegra

New Album? Wot New Album? (Merged)

A new U2 song, titled "Ordinary Love" is featured int his trailer. It starts at when the timeline says roughly 1:06. Interesting? 

http://movies.yahoo.com/video/mandela-trailer-2-233042678.html

How can you tell what the song sounds like when we don't get to hear the whole thing as well as the movie talking over it?

Nothing against the movie at all...it's just that I thought we were going to get something "special" today...all we got was a snippet of a new U2 song that we can't make no hide nor hair about!

• Upvote 2

A new U2 song, titled "Ordinary Love" is featured int his trailer. It starts at when the timeline says roughly 1:06. Interesting? 

http://movies.yahoo.com/video/mandela-trailer-2-233042678.html

How can you tell what the song sounds like when we don't get to hear the whole thing as well as the movie talking over it?

Nothing against the movie at all...it's just that I thought we were going to get something "special" today...all we got was a snippet of a new U2 song that we can't make no hide nor hair about!

Period !!!

It probably sounds nothing like the new album let alone be on the new album.

I wish we are going to get the full version of Ordinary Love very soon. I hope that song is on the new album, if you listen carefully to that tune you can listen the great job of danger mouse, sounds like a different u2. PLEASE U2.COM REALEASE THE FULL SONG

Bono in The Irish Independent:

"So does the band feel pressure from the anticipation that has built over the four years since the last album release?

"No," is his quick reply.

"I don't feel the pressure. The only pressure to make music now is for ourselves in a sense that we don't want to let down the people who have given us this life. It's not really about how many songs we put out, it is all about how great they are."

"I don't feel the pressure. The only pressure to make music now is for ourselves in a sense that we don't want to let down the people who have given us this life. It's not really about how many songs we put out, it is all about how great they are."

A broken record then perhaps?  ;)

"So does the band feel pressure from the anticipation that has built over the four years since the last album release?

"No," is his quick reply.

"I don't feel the pressure. The only pressure to make music now is for ourselves in a sense that we don't want to let down the people who have given us this life. It's not really about how many songs we put out, it is all about how great they are.

What ??? He says he doesn't feel the pressure of the anticipation but then he says he feels it. What the  ..???

Well, as U2-History tells us: back to the roots sounds worse than the roots themselves (check 'ATCLYB' and 'Bomb' for details, the roots being Joshua Tree and R&H-which, btw, isn't getting a remaster as far as we can see). This doesn't sound Revolutionary at all...He had better announced the Remaster of R&H than to go out saying THIS !!!

Edited by pain_18_

I've read what he said again. He says these things before every album, we shall wait and see.

Edited by pain_18_

Bono is very right. it's all about their music... I observe he's very modest again... And I'm going to shut up. They don't give a damn about that kind of "pressure" :D

Amazing book that one he quoted. I didn't know it...

Edited by tan_lejos_tan_cerca

Well, as U2-History tells us: back to the roots sounds worse than the roots themselves (check 'ATCLYB' and 'Bomb' for details, the roots being Joshua Tree and R&H-which, btw, isn't getting a remaster as far as we can see). This doesn't sound Revolutionary at all...He had better announced the Remaster of R&H than to go out saying THIS !!!

I happen to prefer 'ATYCLB' and 'Bomb' to R&H, and I think that many of the tracks on these two albums are far better than anything on 'Joshua'. I don't want to start a debate; just my opinion. And Bono does seem to say this before every album

I happen to prefer 'ATYCLB' and 'Bomb' to R&H, and I think that many of the tracks on these two albums are far better than anything on 'Joshua'. I don't want to start a debate; just my opinion. And Bono does seem to say this before every album

Yeah, everyone likes certain albums better but we all have to agree Bono always says the same stuff before every album. Stuff that can be interpreted in multiple ways...

This picture appeared on Instagram of the boys in London. Apparently they were doing some kind of photoshoot. I know what you're thinking but Larry WAS there... 

10406413983_dbd3224bf7_o.jpg

Yes, but we need proof he was there !

Great pic, peterferris !!! Thanks for digging up through the internet and posting it !!!

I've read the comments. Well..I'm still waiting for THAT Announcement !!!

I have some great remixes of old U2 songs that could be called dance music and never were properly released. If the band is so obsessed with that kind of music put those remixes finally on a regular cd and then go on with writing ROCK songs.

Bono is very right. it's all about their music... I observe he's very modest again... And I'm going to shut up. They don't give a damn about that kind of "pressure" :D

Amazing book that one he quoted. I didn't know it...

I mean all this speculation about an album we haven't heard seems a bit funny for me

And some things I read about U2 having to prove anything just cause me a bit of a laugh taking into account the repertory they have under their belts... 

U2 is a band whose songs speak for themselves and that's all... :P

Edited by tan_lejos_tan_cerca

Now we're in trouble...

Larry says with "new technology comes hundreds of choices." He says it slows down the creative process and "we have so many choices that we do not know what to do."

:blink:   REALLY?!?!?!  Wow.....................................................

http://www.atu2.com/news/u2s-london-photo-shoot--larrys-comments-on-new-album-struggles.html

Now we're in trouble...

Larry says with "new technology comes hundreds of choices." He says it slows down the creative process and "we have so many choices that we do not know what to do."

:blink:   REALLY?!?!?!  Wow.....................................................

http://www.atu2.com/news/u2s-london-photo-shoot--larrys-comments-on-new-album-struggles.html

They're making fun of us !

That clip makes it look less like shooting photos and more like shooting a music video...

That clip makes it look less like shooting photos and more like shooting a music video...

That's right, they're up to something.