Sign in to follow this  
Allegra

New Album? Wot New Album? (Merged)

Ryan Tedder talks about his work in the U2's next album:

As for U2, he says he’s worked on their long-delayed 13th album as a late addition in a production capacity. He’s not writing with them. “Bono is without question the single-greatest modern-day lyricist out there,” he says. “I hear it on the new stuff too — just phenomenal. When I started OneRepublic, U2 were up there as a frame of reference. I use Bono’s lyrics as a how-to guide for being the lead singer in a band. I have the utmost respect for their fans and I would never in a million years try to capitulate to where modern radio is at.”

The full article - London Evening Standard

Smart thing coming out of tedder's mouth...I hope U2 thinks the same and they don't capitulate to the "modern"-radio  !

Edited by pain_18_

So let me get this straight, U2 aren't writing any new songs with Tedder, they're just trying to get the songs they've already written to sound right for them? Makes sense I suppose...

Sounds like he's tweaking with the songs...I hope for a great and inspired tweak and not a radio-friendly one...

...and then Edge will need to tweak them some more... ^_^

Ryan Tedder talks about his work in the U2's next album:

As for U2, he says he’s worked on their long-delayed 13th album as a late addition in a production capacity. He’s not writing with them. “Bono is without question the single-greatest modern-day lyricist out there,” he says. “I hear it on the new stuff too — just phenomenal. When I started OneRepublic, U2 were up there as a frame of reference. I use Bono’s lyrics as a how-to guide for being the lead singer in a band. I have the utmost respect for their fans and I would never in a million years try to capitulate to where modern radio is at.”

The full article - London Evening Standard

bonos lyrics are so poetic and flow so beautifully, they set the bar high for the rest of the industry

So let me get this straight, U2 aren't writing any new songs with Tedder, they're just trying to get the songs they've already written to sound right for them? Makes sense I suppose...

wouldnt it though? why do we all go to rehersal and practice ...its to perfect things and get out any problem areas, or to re-work sections

U2 "recording" new album in famous Crouch End studios

http://www.hamhighbroadway.co.uk/news/u2_recording_new_album_in_famous_crouch_end_studios_1_3485320

Interview with Willie Williams

In French, but the last question is about next U2 tour and he says something like that "It will be a less imposing that the previous tour show".

http://blogue.artv.ca/2014/03/u2-willie-frere-moi/

Less impressive, overwhelming, grand. So a bit stripped down tour in comparison to U2360.

Tiresome thread. Truly.

We're still in March - June is viable still. Although I think August - what do you all think? or maybe October - that's got a 'good feel' about it. They even have a song called 'October' too.

All I mean is, that when the friggin album is ready to be friggin realeased - we'll all friggin know about it!!!!!

NOW STOP FRIGGIN' SPECULATING! :rolleyes: 

Crouch End...that's in north London, right? Not too far away from Hertfordshire, where I live!

Yes..I think we should just shut up and wait ! All these interview bits/rumors/speculation without any official statements are harmful !

Sorry, but the Zoo is a place for discussions. I'm posting news I've found to stimulate it.

I can stop doing it but then don't come and say fan sites are better than here.

Feb...your work is outstanding...It's just this lack of Official Statements that is so sad...I mean...Willie is talking about the tour and we don't know anything about the album...

I'm not knocking fan input on here guys (Febottini et al) - just fed up with speculation, that's all. Boring as ....

U2 "recording" new album in famous Crouch End studios

http://www.hamhighbroadway.co.uk/news/u2_recording_new_album_in_famous_crouch_end_studios_1_3485320

Interview with Willie Williams

In French, but the last question is about next U2 tour and he says something like that "It will be a less imposing that the previous tour show".

http://blogue.artv.ca/2014/03/u2-willie-frere-moi/

I was so happy to read that interview!!

I've been missing Willie's diary since the U2360 tour ended :P

Impressive his career eh?

It's very clear what they say, they are working in the album and in the tour concept, and it's going to be different because they said they want to play in smaller venues and the shows will be different

And they won't have the enormous work of transporting the claw from one place to another etc.

He's a smart guy, in a few words he said a lot! 

COME BACK WILLIE!!!!!!! :)  :)  :lol: 

In the meantime...

anyone reading the book North Side Story?

theres some cool stuff in there ya know!! :)

I'm waiting patiently for mine

Yeah...you just resubbed...makes sense !

I have mine on the arm of my sofa, dip into it here and there but I'm so precious about keeping it pristine which isn't easy when I'm munching cheese 'n onions crisps with one hand with a choc bar at the ready and a cup of tea balanced precariously beside me (too lazy to stretch to the table y'see)..you'd think they'd take this into account for people like me....hardback with protective covers perhaps...

At first they said hardback..and the announcement was kept that way all through to the ship-date but then ..SURPRIIIIISEEEE !!!

Edited by pain_18_