Sign in to follow this  
Allegra

New Album? Wot New Album? (Merged)

All these rumours. What we need is an official U2 site (perhaps where a subscription is required) where we can be informed of the actual facts straight from the band or their management.

Maybe they could call it U2.com.

It would be slightly harsh to stream it or whatever on ONLY iPhone 6 handsets.

The new iOS 8 will be out on the same day for all Apple users perhaps a timed app on that streaming the album would be more likely/beneficial.

Here in the UK it can takes months for most places to get sufficient stock of a new iPhone.

These rumors are driving me CRAZY!!!!      :wacko:

ditto :blink:

All these rumours. What we need is an official U2 site (perhaps where a subscription is required) where we can be informed of the actual facts straight from the band or their management.

Be aware that this is not an U2 event, but an Apple one... so, all the info from this event (including U2 participation - or not) is outside U2/U2.com

When the time comes from info about any upcoming album, be sure you will find it here...

be aware that the Apple presentations and keynotes, the video can only be found in their own streams and these are only for their own platforms (being these Mac, iPhone/iPad, Safari, etc)...

the updates and live coverage outside Apple (Mashable, Gizmodo, Endgadget, Ars Technica et al) are only text and - if lucky - photos... 

Hey Max, I saw this: ??

http://news.u2fanlife.com/2014/09/como-podemos-ver-online-el-evento-de-apple-y-u2-del-9-de-septiembre.html

be aware that the Apple presentations and keynotes, the video can only be found in their own streams and these are only for their own platforms (being these Mac, iPhone/iPad, Safari, etc)...

the updates and live coverage outside Apple (Mashable, Gizmodo, Endgadget, Ars Technica et al) are only text and - if lucky - photos... 

Hey Max, I saw this: ??

http://news.u2fanlife.com/2014/09/como-podemos-ver-online-el-evento-de-apple-y-u2-del-9-de-septiembre.html

I haven't tried myself this option, but the steps that 9to5mac.com is posting looks like they would work...

for work issues I have installed Safari on my computer (PC)... as of right now I can watch the countdown (3 hours 24 mins, at the moment)... but I can't be sure if the actual stream will work (Safari on Windows is version 5.1.7... according to Apple, the stream only works in Safari 5.1.10 or later on OS X v10.6.8 or later)

I would think that trying wouldn't do harm - worst case scenario: the stream doesn't work but you will now have VLC installed (which is an excellent video player)...

If it works for you, please let us know...

Be aware that this is not an U2 event, but an Apple one... so, all the info from this event (including U2 participation - or not) is outside U2/U2.com

When the time comes from info about any upcoming album, be sure you will find it here...

With respect if U2 are going to appear at this event then quite obviously that information is relevant to U2 fans and particularly those who have paid a yearly subscription to this site.

Am I the only one disappointed that a fan website I pay a subscription to is not going to inform me and other fans of a major news announcement in advance (I could stand corrected in the next couple of hours)? I seem to get more news via www.atu2.com - can anyone associated with u2.com confirm if subscribers will be privy to any news release today from u2.com itself? 

With respect if U2 are going to appear at this event then quite obviously that information is relevant to U2 fans and particularly those who have paid a yearly subscription to this site.

it's true that the info is relevant to U2 fans... but that doesn't change the fact that this is an Apple event and they (Apple) are the ones who have the last say about how it's managed...

When the time for an announcement about the album comes, U2 will have the control and you will see all the info here...

I found a way for nonApple users to watch online, I have absolutely no idea if this is going to work but I'm just sharing what I found. Mashable just routed this workaround. I just installed the browser extension for Chrome and it works like a charm. We'll see shortly if I can get in...

http://mashable.com/2014/09/09/how-to-watch-iphone-6-live-stream/?utm_cid=mash-com-Tw-main-link

Never mind, Apple blocked it. Well, that's it for me. I'm actually less excited now in all honesty and have other things I could be doing. I'm at this point annoyed a bit. Think I need more coffee...

81f82308.gif

If there is a new album or song announcement of some kind at this event, I'm sure I'll hear about it eventually. 

Edited by Shannon387

These rumors are driving me CRAZY!!!!      :wacko:

ditto :blink:

Same here ...... I want to KNOW!!!!!!!

it's true that the info is relevant to U2 fans... but that doesn't change the fact that this is an Apple event and they (Apple) are the ones who have the last say about how it's managed...

When the time for an announcement about the album comes, U2 will have the control and you will see all the info here...

Sorry but you are wrong.The very least U2.com could do is give us a heads up that 'something' is going to happen.This story is all over social media but U2.com have not mentioned anything about it.If its not happening they deny it.If it is they tell us to check back at a certain time.Simple.

Am I the only one disappointed that a fan website I pay a subscription to is not going to inform me and other fans of a major news announcement in advance (I could stand corrected in the next couple of hours)? I seem to get more news via www.atu2.com - can anyone associated with u2.com confirm if subscribers will be privy to any news release today from u2.com itself? 

Couldn't agree more.

No, in that you're right.

Yes in that, most of us aren't surprised that u2.com won't report anything ever until after the actual event. Because of reasons.

Tis why I am a free member and not paid. 

Some people got an email.

I didn't and I'm a fully paid up subscriber.

Have been for nearly 20 years now!

Grr..

Not here either. Getting an iTunes error: "We could not complete your request. An unknown error occurred."

Yeah, all of us trying to get the new music.

Who watched the live performance. Thoughts?

Edited by sfletty