Sign in to follow this  
febottini

Bono And Edge Support A Tapestry Tribute To Seamus Heaney

Bono, Edge, Paul Simon and Paul McGuinness have gathered to pay a tribute to Seamus Heaney, the famous poet who died last year.

A 16m sq work, titled “Out of the Marvellous”, which was commissioned by Amnesty International and part funded by the rockstars, will hang from the ceiling of Dublin Airport's terminal 2.

He was a great supporter of the human rights organization for more than 30 years.

Bono said Seamus should be an inspiration to people on their travels.

With my life, I pass through a lot of airports. Seamus' poems are my companion on every journey... they come with me wherever I go. Now, when any of us travel - be it leaving our home, or our visitors returning to their own homes, Seamus will be there to bid us all farewell."

Edge also said he was an inspiration to the band.

"Seamus Heaney was an inspiration to our band - as well as to politicians, artists, dreamers and all in between, from every corner of the world. I love the idea that the words of this great poet - and Sis' beautiful tapestry - will send travellers from Ireland and beyond safely on their way 'out of the marvellous."

More info: Belfast Telegraph