Sign in to follow this  
xrayjets

The World Cup Thread

Suarez took a big bite of England's heart, chewed it and made balloons out of it !

Edited by pain_18_

This World Cup is awesome.

Yes, I know I've said it before..

todays weather for Maracanã, Rio - Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

Was 86 degrees F, with 80% Humidity!!

Spicy, today in São Paulo was 59 F.

For me, it's cold... so weather is not an excuse if they don't play well.

Of course, some cities are hotter. That's why I think Germans are smart because they've decided to stay in a hot city and they're training and doing physical exercises specially at midday... so they're getting ready to play in any temperature.

you are absolutely right on that one fernanda!!

they are training for the conditions..http://www.faqs.org/sports-science/Dr-Fo/Environmental-Conditions-and-Training.html

"The ability of an athlete to overcome environmental conditions is closely tied to the training concept of acclimatization, which requires a focused training approach concerning a specific condition that an athlete expects to face in an upcoming competition or event. Acclimatization is rooted in the inherent ability of the human body to adapt to its surroundings over time in all circumstances."

http://www.faqs.org/sports-science/Dr-Fo/Environmental-Conditions-and-Training.html

"Warm weather, which is often accompanied by high humidity, is likely the most common adverse environmental factor encountered by athletes. Warm weather and humidity are also readily adapted to through a gradual introduction of the body to the unaccustomed heat, through both day-to-day living in the warmer conditions as well as training. Most heat acclimatization programs suggest training at approximately 50% capacity for the first four to seven days of the program. Most athletes will achieve 75% heat acclimatization within 10 days of commencement, with 100% tolerance within 21 days. All heat training requires a careful attention to hydration (the average adult requires a minimum of 1 qt (1l) of fluid replacement per hour in temperatures that exceed 75°F (24°C); heat and humidity will increase the body's production of sweat, released as the cardiovascular system brings blood closer to the surface of the skin for cooling."

I am amazed and impressed by these world cup athletes!!!

Shannon, the NFL does indeed take lots of breaks, and it can be maddening....

Here we sit watching super fit athletes and we are supposed to admire them while stuffing our faces with "football food" like brats and burgers!!

Makes no sense what so ever....

so I decided to let these athletes inspire me to lift weights during breaks and commercials!!

todays weather for Maracanã, Rio - Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

Was 86 degrees F, with 80% Humidity!!

Spicy, today in São Paulo was 59 F.

For me, it's cold... so weather is not an excuse if they don't play well.

Of course, some cities are hotter. That's why I think Germans are smart because they've decided to stay in a hot city and they're training and doing physical exercises specially at midday... so they're getting ready to play in any temperature.

you are absolutely right on that one fernanda!!

they are training for the conditions..http://www.faqs.org/sports-science/Dr-Fo/Environmental-Conditions-and-Training.html

"The ability of an athlete to overcome environmental conditions is closely tied to the training concept of acclimatization, which requires a focused training approach concerning a specific condition that an athlete expects to face in an upcoming competition or event. Acclimatization is rooted in the inherent ability of the human body to adapt to its surroundings over time in all circumstances."

"Cesare Prandelli: The heat didn't beat us, Costa Rica did."

http://www.independent.ie/sport/soccer/world-cup/cesare-prandelli-the-heat-didnt-beat-us-costa-rica-did-30372241.html

And I'm here in São Paulo wearing a wool scarf  :ph34r:

I am not that surprsed. It's the same old story. We win the first match and we think we are undefeatable. Costa Rica has not high rank in FIFA standings. We thought it was simple. It was not. It will be hard next tuesday. Hat off to Costa Rica

Eddie Vedder during the preshow in San Siro today (courtesy of acrobat269 @ u2place)

Bqld_4GCcAAZzZu.jpg

Shannon, the NFL does indeed take lots of breaks, and it can be maddening....

Here we sit watching super fit athletes and we are supposed to admire them while stuffing our faces with "football food" like brats and burgers!!

Makes no sense what so ever....

so I decided to let these athletes inspire me to lift weights during breaks and commercials!!

Nice! Thats a good way to pass the time!

Pain do you know the meaning of FACCIAMO LE CORNA? :D

No !

Seems like Costa Rica produced a surprise...And we will see a Hell of a mAtch between Italia and Uruguay

France pulverized Switzerland 6-2

Ecuador had beat honduras 2-1

Tonight : Argentina will definitely beat Iran, Germany will beat Ghana and Nigeria will get defeated by Bosnia !

Sometimes, the unexpected games turn out to be the blockbusters.

Looking at the schedule a few weeks ago, I thought I'd give the Ecuador v Honduras game a miss.

I'm glad I watched though, it was a great game with a cracking atmosphere

Pain do you know the meaning of FACCIAMO LE CORNA? :D

No !

Seems like Costa Rica produced a surprise...And we will see a Hell of a mAtch between Italia and Uruguay

France pulverized Switzerland 6-2

Ecuador had beat honduras 2-1

Tonight : Argentina will definitely beat Iran, Germany will beat Ghana and Nigeria will get defeated by Bosnia !

It was 5-2 to France Benzimas last goal wasn't given :(

pain_18_, on 21 Jun 2014 - 09:34 AM, said: 

Bad day :P

Suarez took a big bite of England's heart, chewed it and made balloons out of it !

142336298-83c52563-c2e8-4ea1-a807-7acaa0

I loved the game of Ghana last night. They should have won against Germany, but missed a giant occasion to score 1-3 and had to settle in the end with 2-2.

They really should've scored near the end with that 3 on 2 break that was caught offside

The referee was stupid...Another mistake...Cancelled Bosnia's first goal...It WASN'T offside !!!

Argentina - Iran 1 - 0

Germany - Ghana 2 - 2 , Ghana could have one, great match !!!

Nigeria - Bosnia 1 -0 and a stupid referee !!!

Tonight: Belgium - Russia, even match or victory for Belgium

South Korea will probably get defeated by Algeria

USA-Portugal Even result maybe but I'm rooting for USA !!!