Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MacFoley

Ive won tickets 2 live lounge

Very lucky - nearly 18,000 people applied. Let us know all about it when you return! You must be so excited. Enjoy mate!

MacFoley wrote:

i cant believe it! ive won, well my wife has so she has to take me!

just one problem. what is the nearest TRAIN station and what tube will i need to get to portland place?

anyone that can help please do!!!!

Well done Man.... you lucky lucky chap....

Enjoy (im sure you will)

Jealous? Moi?!

Nice one though - glad someone on here got to go. Were you still there for the rooftop gig later on?

Full report please!

it was amazing! totally amazing. im too tired to post pics now. ive done on sub side and told a story too.................

i will do the same on here tomorrow ok?????

Mac i watched it online it was superb......also watched the rooftop gig managed to record it to dvd....watched it loads already.....lol

DSC06258.jpg

woke up at 5 in the morning man i was knackered!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and left to get the train at 5.30.....................it was fucking cold and dark!!!!

train at 6, man i eyes were like mega mega heavyman! if i start talking shit im sorry im just wasted!!!!

got to london at 9 and then got to the studio for 9.45, so we were in the first 90 of the cue, so we were RIGHT at the front!

(a pic of dallas for ya! i met him in the toilet!!! he was behind me and i turned round to him and said HEY YOUR EDGES GUITAR TECH AINT YA! DALLAS!!!!) he saidit was going to be a good one! he wasnt wrong!

DSC06264.jpg

and here is the back view! and the balcony! wow! IRISH FLAG! does that mean u2 are playing??? NO!!!!!!!!!!! fucking right they are!!!!

DSC06265.jpg

yep here is a pic of the stack of the almighty EDGE! i love the way his amps look battered! crap pic but still...................

its edges amps!!!!!

DSC06270.jpg

and then the beautiful JO came on to introduce who else?????? she looked beautiful! her skin was like smooth!!!!

DSC06275.jpg

so the band come on, and im getting all wet in my pants now! and they KICK OFF with GET ON YOUR BOOTS!!!! it was the tightest performance yet. better than thebrits, better than on the french tv. it was tight and it sounded awesome! 100 times better than you hear it on your computer speakers thats for sure!!!!!excuse the big hair on the left!!!

DSC06278.jpg

MORE BOOTS!!!!

DSC06283.jpg

DSC06286.jpg

LET ME IN THE SOUND!!!!!!!!!!!!

DSC06288.jpg

prince bono is amused by the pregnant girl, gemma.

DSC06292.jpg

2nd song they play the premiere of MAGNIFICENT??? well i havent heard this live yet and it was MEGA MEGA MEGA! am i making you mad now?????????????????

DSC06295.jpg

it sounded amazing! egde's solo was just rich and mega! it was better than the album version. louder! wow!

DSC06301.jpg

next song was BEAUTIFUL DAY which was cool. edge messed up the end and his face was like a burning rage! ooops! but still it rocked and the place was nowbouncing!!!! and i shouted GET ON EDGE and he laughed!!! nice!

DSC06316.jpg

LARRY girls these are are you!!!!

DSC06321.jpg

DSC06317.jpg

adam girls.................(and men!!!!!!!!!!!) this one is for you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DSC06319.jpg

DSC06318.jpg

ok so the last song! it was BREATH! and it was totally amazing! they rocked it and it just shone. couple of mistakes but hey, im a musicianso.....................but it sent shivers down my spine and the hairs on the back of my neck stood up. i dont think ill ever experiance today ever again.seeing them in concert is one thing, you know its going to happen and you fight your way as much of the front as you can. but this is totally different. youcould see them so close. i was about 3 foot away from bono and adam. you could see their wrinkles!!! and you could smell them. and the songs you could feelthem more inside you. so 4 songs we got! 4, and an experiance i will never forget. thankyou all for taking time to look at my pics and reading my drivel!thankyou radio one! thakyou to the zootopian girls who i met outside! post here so we can natter please! thanks musicality you are a dude! thanks u2 for agreat set!

and most of all thanks mrs mac for taking your crazy nut of a hubby to see the greatest band on the planet.

last pic..........................

for you.................................

bono lovers....................................................................

DSC06322.jpg

badgirl, it seems weird that yeah about 25 hours agp we were about 2-3 foot away from bono and co!!!!

i dont think im going for standing ticekts which bono said they would announce on the 9th march. because this is my number 1 experiance of them live. nothingwill beat that!

hey macman nice one bet you'll be buzzing about that day 4ever. great to hear someone here has won somethimg - well done you!