Sign in to follow this  
peterferris8

Universal Music Colombia On Twitter: New Album Titled 'sirens' And Will Be Ready In September

Thanks Peter. :)

One more thought about the speculated title 'Sirens': another reason I personally wouldn't like it as a title - in addition to what I mentioned b4 about it making me think of ambulance & police car sirens which are negative, sometimes tragic things - it also makes me think of the word 'Silence,' which is the last thing U2 fans want from U2!

I keep saying the names of the other U2 albums over out loud to myself - & then I say 'Sirens' - and I just like the other ones much more.

I thought I was the only one who didn't like that name  :P

Odd that Universal of USA didn't announce it first.

"Colombiana, remember where you came from"

I think Foreigner nailed it just perfect with their song "Urgent (Emergency)". That sax sounded like a siren...

The extended EP (albums have like 48 songs on them now) should be titled

"Expect Nothing, But the Best"

;o]

Edited by Sigma957

I'd like to know if there's ever been a band who titled an album 'Now Hear This' - because I think it would make a great album title! Well, at least for some band. :)

Odd that Universal of USA didn't announce it first.

"Colombiana, remember where you came from"

I think Foreigner nailed it just perfect with their song "Urgent (Emergency)". That sax sounded like a siren...

The extended EP (albums have like 48 songs on them now) should be titled

"Expect Nothing, But the Best"

;o]

Well, it's now turned out that the Tweet was false, and that trailer is a hoax.

I want to suggest this as a possible title for the new U2 album:

'Unforgettable Sirens on the Horizon That, Boy, We Just Can't Leave Behind' - to be released of course in October.

Good morning Britain says u2 to release Xmas single along with x craptor, take shite and 1 misdirection. Looking good for a single at least before 2015

Good morning Britain says u2 to release Xmas single along with x craptor, take shite and 1 misdirection. Looking good for a single at least before 2015

I prefer calling them No Erection. But that's just me.

Well, there is another video on the page...

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=546294395493888&set=vb.539904482799546&type=2&theater

And I notice there is an 8 that keeps appearing. Also I saw this pic which is of the new ios 8, which is out in September, same as this Sirens which is rumoured to be out in September. There are also rumours that the new album will tie in with apple/itunes. And notice how they made the S from Sirens into an 8?

159104-a7db4020-1d00-11e4-9498-229fc8e20

Not I am starting to change my mind a little on the FB page. 

Oooh. MacFoley might have a scoop here. If that's how it turns out, remember who figured it out first.

If that's not what U2/Apple/itunes planned, maybe they'll get the idea now from MacFoley. If so, there should be royalties in it. :)

The only thing though is that Facebook page still look a little amateur for U2, but the 8 does make sense if it is to tie up with ios 8. Why else would they make the S into an 8? Is 8 a significant number to U2? I can't see it,

Unless it is to tie into apple. 

And the title of the video is "song for someone", well yes it is from an old youtube demo, but you can sing the chorus melody of song for someone over that bit of music.

Oh, I don't know!!!

Funnily enough now, the page has been taken down. 

Maybe it's an illegal page, with official U2 stuff on it, could be the music, could be the artwork tying in with the 8 stuff, or maybe U2.com don't want anything to do with it and have got it shut down.

No :)

Well, yes, there is a video of them performing for apple, so yeah, I was. ;)

What's happened to your band Mac?

No :)

Well, yes, there is a video of them performing for apple, so yeah, I was. ;)

What's happened to your band Mac?

Hey up, well funny you should mention that, things have gone a bit quiet eh?

Well, the guitarist had a kid and is in the process of moving house, and we have both been busy with work and stuff. But we were having a beer at the weekend and started talking Krank and wondering where to take it to next. It is still in us, just when, I don't know. I suggested that we just plug in and play and record and see what comes out and build from there.

So there is talk of getting together to write another song, but just doing things different this time.