Sign in to follow this  
Allegra

***Hot New Rumor!***.....And It's A Pretty Good One

From U2start.com

Hi all,

Matt here. I've been posting on this site for close to eight years - just a brief introduction for lurkers who might not know who I am etc., since BS rumors get posted on and off. I'd like to think I can be trusted.

With that all being said, a good friend of mine has had a connection at Live Nation Canada for many years now whom he had dinner with last night. He looped me in on a bit of the conversation.

U2's next tour will officially be opening in Vancouver in May of 2015, with two nights (currently) at Rogers Arena. From there, it will continue to hit major markets for multiple nights. The second leg of the tour will be including stadiums.

That is 100% of the information that was shared and nothing else is known (album dates, cities, routing, etc.)…but please know that as a loyal member of this website that tries not to contribute to too much of the bullshit, you can take this pretty seriously. It's an honor to share such wonderful news with this community!!! If I find out anything else, of course I will share with you all.

My one request is that you keep it classy with this information. Even though I have zero reserves or doubts that this is true, please don't take my word as gospel. I have not confirmed anything for anyone……but we're close 8.gif

If tour information rolls around and this ends up not being correct, I sincerely apologize. All I can tell you right now is that the people who sign the contracts to host these bands are under the impression that U2 is opening up a world tour in their arena in May 2015. Any surprise to you will also come as a surprise to them.

Cheers 9.gif

http://www.u2start.com/topic/6756/4812/12/#564506

Thanks for posting. I'm not fixed on dates anymore. Album and tour will come eventually. The sooner the better of course.

This could be true, maybe....because last night in my dreams Bono said, "I'll see you soon!" :lol:

If anything comes of this , it will be fantastic ,& if word gets out & it is true , then U2 . Com will be pressured into releasing a statement to their subscribers ,,, better start adding to my , U2 European tour fund ,,,, , yee haa

If the tour is starting on this side of the pond, then the second leg is probably Europe, hence the stadiums. I seriously doubt the band would do stadiums over here....besides, by the second leg, that puts them into fall, and in the US playing in stadiums means playing around the NFL schedule. Hence I'm betting the second leg over there. 

On the bright side, if they are starting over in Vancouver, then there's a good chance that they will hit Chicago by mid summer or there abouts. 

Yes, I am over thinking this just a tad too much! 

,,, better start adding to my , U2 European tour fund ,,,, , yee haa

My thoughts exactly!

Hmm, home of the Blue Jays. I saw one of the best versions of the Fly there in 2011. Edge was just on fire that night. And they opened the dome before Interpol came on, after they deemed it wasn't going to rain on us.

Edited by Sigma957

Where did the Vertigo tour open.Hmmm? Late March and April on west coast USA/ Canada, before moving to North East USA in MAY, then UK/Ireland/Europe.....could a pending tour follow a similar trend? Who knows.

Another rumour states Croke Park as being linked to the band for 3 dates in 2016????? All these things....

Gimme a record! :)  

Where did the Vertigo tour open.Hmmm? Late March and April on west coast USA/ Canada, before moving to North East USA in MAY, then UK/Ireland/Europe.....could a pending tour follow a similar trend? Who knows.

Another rumour states Croke Park as being linked to the band for 3 dates in 2016????? All these things....

Gimme a record! :)  

Well since it's apparently arenas in the US starting in May, maybe they'll do arenas in Europe/UK/Ireland in autumn, and then some other countries early in 2016 before doing European/UK stadiums in summer.

I was hoping they'd roll the ball uphill this time: open Hawaii --> Japan --> Aussie/NZ --> SA --> Africa --> Europe --> N/A

I was hoping they'd roll the ball uphill this time: open Hawaii --> Japan --> Aussie/NZ --> SA --> Africa --> Europe --> N/A

I wouldn't rule anything out! However I would perhaps rule out a tour on the scale of the last one in terms of duration, albeit that was extended due to Bonos back op. The Aussie/ SA/ Africa leg is always going to be Nov - Feb slot unless they stay indoors. Something tells me they aren't ready to come indoors just yet during the northern and southern hemisphere summer months. Time will tell I guess.

Will be interesting to see logistically what they might do on any future tour. The last one was made possible by the 3 stages on the go at any one time - will they reign it in a little this time and not have so punishing a schedule? 

I don't understand why all these tweets are posted only to be deleted afterwards...

I don't understand why all these tweets are posted only to be deleted afterwards...

Because they are excited then realise its actually a bad idea to tweet after doing it. Probably that stupid!

Edited by utwothefly

Maybe someone politely asked for them to be deleted..

Reports from Boston are that Mayor is off to Ireland, he and others are lobbying for the band to play Fenway (100 year old baseball park in the city), likely for the convenience for business folk, the publicity, and "tourism" bump the city will get as everyone consults the tour list repeatedly.  

Having seen a concert there, I so hope they pass -- even if it's more seats than the Garden and outdoors. We were led to believe that the next tour would include arenas, and be at least that intimate with some sort of Audio Video design that would leverage a venue smaller than a stadium.   

Granted the intimate venues did nothing for album sales last time. Radio stations may play them if they tour lots and lots of stations, pal up to Seax=crest, etc, but since radio is so fragmented and teen oriented -- so what?

Edited by ATTS