Sign in to follow this  
yardie

"Ground-Breaking, Unique And World-Beating" - Tour 2015.

I hope that this time round we'll be able to buy golden circle tickets in advance. I don't fancy queuing for 6 hours again, we're all a little older than the last time...

Generally never had a problem with tickets, and in all honesty not even at that place yet buddy. But you are right, nobody gets any younger including the band. They've just pinged out a monster album though! :D

I will settle for a good concert than "ground breaking" or "world beating" (wtf that mean PM?). With a varied setlist from show to show, ala JAMES, half their setlist is blank because they play stuff on the fly. Very much play by ear.

Edited by Sigma957

Have to say I think the idea of 'golden circle' tickets is obscene. The people who can afford it get closer to the band?

Wrong on every level.

You don't really need to vary a setlist if all the material is new.

Summer 2015 - so it'll be stadiums then, right out of the gate?

The big open question I'm wondering about is how much are they now potentially relying on physical sales to 1) fund the tour (maybe none?) or 2) determine how they approach the second album release (if this one does sell, maybe the same initial free scenario for the next one?)?

Tours is where the money is

Tickets and merchandise

Before downloads, physical album sales were most bands bread and butter

Very few people outwith our U2 community will purchase a 'proper copy' when its released

I agree 'golden tickets' and similar schemes are obscene

Does being rich make you a bigger fan

NO

If you cant stand the gig wait for the DVD

Favorite chair, comfy slippers

Get real

Just gotta hope I'll be able to get tickets - for all we know they could announce tour dates on Monday with presale tickets going out on Wednesday, and I'll be moving to Brighton on Tuesday and will probably not have internet for a couple of days!

Is there any real reason to suspect anything will be done differently than with 360? Most things seemed to work out just fine; GA tix were the cheapest in the house (as they've always been) and those who were determined to queue (as they always have) for their band got rewarded. :)

Edited by lionel_luthor

Is there any real reason to suspect anything will be done differently than with 360? Most things seemed to work out just fine; GA tix were the cheapest in the house (as they've always been) and those who were determined to queue (as they always have) for their band got rewarded. :)

There were tkts even cheaper than GA (but bad spots)

Have to say I think the idea of 'golden circle' tickets is obscene. The people who can afford it get closer to the band?

Wrong on every level.

Amen

Just gotta hope I'll be able to get tickets - for all we know they could announce tour dates on Monday with presale tickets going out on Wednesday, and I'll be moving to Brighton on Tuesday and will probably not have internet for a couple of days!

Congrats for your new house anyway :)

Still hoping for a couple of arena shows in the coming months  :lol:  Perhaps London...New York etc.

Bands seems to do it more regular these days....the Stones played the O2 before heading off to arenas the following Summer and Coldplay (sorry to bring them up) tend to play a handful of arena dates before stadiums.

Still hoping for a couple of arena shows in the coming months  :lol:  Perhaps London...New York etc.

Bands seems to do it more regular these days....the Stones played the O2 before heading off to arenas the following Summer and Coldplay (sorry to bring them up) tend to play a handful of arena dates before stadiums.

Yeah, that'd be great! If not, I imagine they'll do the usual promotion of late night talk show appearances and probably Saturday Night Live.

The GA tickets for for 360 seemed to be a few dollars less than for Elevation. Vertigo was that way too for Bonolulu.

Cheaper GAs every tour? I like that trend.

I suppose its the size of the tour....If they play a lot of stadiums they get more people in so they can spread the cost and reduce ticket prices.

I'd expect it to be more expensive if it was indoor venues as unless they pay for example 10 nights at a small arena rather than one night at a stadium they'll never get the income to keep prices low, which is why I can't see them doing anything but stadiums in the long term.

Brighton- my home town! 

Think that will happen, must be some decent money to be made playing multiple shows at one venue if you're a big band. Trouble with arenas the tickets will be more to be close to the stage and you could end up at the back as they sell so quick with a shite view and still pay 80 odd quid. 

Brighton- my home town! 

Thinking about it now, the Dome or Concorde 2 would be a really good place for a more intimate U2 gig - they did a number of smaller gigs around the release of NLOTH, I'm surprised they haven't got anything going on this time round!