Sign in to follow this  
bigwave

33 Million Listens In 6 Days...

...and I would just add that I don't think any of us mind people not liking U2, fair dues, each to their own, constructive criticism or not even liking the album, not liking Bono's other activities etc, whatever, no prob with that but to come in here just to be deliberately offensive with f words and nastiness says more about you than the rest of us who just want to enjoy our band and don't actually force it on anyone

(except perhaps our family and friends which is fair enough lol cos they know our enthusiasm and are fine with it ;) )

I AM 42. GREW UP HEARING U2 ON THE RADIO. WAS I A FAN? NO NOT REALLY. THIS NEW AGE OF IPOD, IPAD, IPHONE STUFF IS REALLY NOT EASY TO KEEP UP ON SINCE I NEVER HAD KIDS. SO WHEN I SAW THE EXTRA CLOUDS ON MY DOWNLOADS PAGE I WAS IRRITATED, AT FIRST. ONCE I FOUND OUT THEY WERE FREE I DOWN LOADED THEM ALL. I LOVE "SONG FOR SOMEONE" IM LISTENING TO IT NOW FOR THE 8TH TIME IN A ROW. JUST SO YOU KNOW, MY HUSBAND AND I BOTH WORK FULL TIME JOBS, OWN OUR OWN HOUSE, PAY TAXES WITH NO TAX BREAKS. DONT COLLECT ANY DISABILITY OR HAVE A PARKING TAG THAT SAYS WE ARE DISABLED. WE GET NOTHING FOR FREE. WE ARE THE MIDDLE CLASS THAT ARE SINKING INTO THE POOR CLASS. WE LIVE IN A WORLD WERE THERE ARE NO FREE LUNCHES, NOR SHOULD THERE BE. SO THANK YOU U2 FOR GIVING AWAY SOMETHING FREE, NO STRINGS ATTACHED. SINCERELY AND TRULEY. JENNY.

...and I would just add that I don't think any of us mind people not liking U2, fair dues, each to their own, constructive criticism or not even liking the album, not liking Bono's other activities etc, whatever, no prob with that but to come in here just to be deliberately offensive with f words and nastiness says more about you than the rest of us who just want to enjoy our band and don't actually force it on anyone

(except perhaps our family and friends which is fair enough lol cos they know our enthusiasm and are fine with it ;) )

I had to laugh that you realised after, we do force it on our friends and families!

My husband did a p-ss-take version of Sunday Bloody Sunday the other day.....but actually I quite enjoyed it!

I AM 42. GREW UP HEARING U2 ON THE RADIO. WAS I A FAN? NO NOT REALLY. THIS NEW AGE OF IPOD, IPAD, IPHONE STUFF IS REALLY NOT EASY TO KEEP UP ON SINCE I NEVER HAD KIDS. SO WHEN I SAW THE EXTRA CLOUDS ON MY DOWNLOADS PAGE I WAS IRRITATED, AT FIRST. ONCE I FOUND OUT THEY WERE FREE I DOWN LOADED THEM ALL. I LOVE "SONG FOR SOMEONE" IM LISTENING TO IT NOW FOR THE 8TH TIME IN A ROW. JUST SO YOU KNOW, MY HUSBAND AND I BOTH WORK FULL TIME JOBS, OWN OUR OWN HOUSE, PAY TAXES WITH NO TAX BREAKS. DONT COLLECT ANY DISABILITY OR HAVE A PARKING TAG THAT SAYS WE ARE DISABLED. WE GET NOTHING FOR FREE. WE ARE THE MIDDLE CLASS THAT ARE SINKING INTO THE POOR CLASS. WE LIVE IN A WORLD WERE THERE ARE NO FREE LUNCHES, NOR SHOULD THERE BE. SO THANK YOU U2 FOR GIVING AWAY SOMETHING FREE, NO STRINGS ATTACHED. SINCERELY AND TRULEY. JENNY.

:wub: I didn't get any "Smartphone" BUT I know I'm A BIG U2 fan (for 30 years)

and I also want to Thank U2 for the free itunes S O I  ..... and for beeing the soundtrack of my Life and Everything.

-_- gonna buy the vinyl (like always) / cd anyway <_<

Now what I want to know is is this 81 million seperate people hear the album or does this figure include the 10 million times I have listened to it ;)

Edited by Rhi_K

In the Lauren Laverne interview today, Bono said 25 million have listened to the whole album

I don't mind how many listen to the album

The more the merrier

As long as they wait til we all have our concert tickets before they buy theirs.

LOL