Sign in to follow this  
febottini

Bono confirms plans for U2's 2015 tour

I like the idea of arenas but I also remember how super difficult it is to get a ticket when they do arenas. Perhaps they'd consider doing stadiums in the larger metropolitan areas in the US and then arenas for the rest? Like Seattle, LA, NY could do Stadiums? Just a thought. I'll find a way to see them either way. 

I didn't find it that difficult for the Vertigo tour with the presales here.  Hopefully, we'll get those again and all will be good.  Mind you, it was nerve wracking, but it always has been.

Ok, so the rumours of the stage being a volcano are kinda cracking me up.  First they came out of a lemon and now they are going to rise up out of a volcano. LOL

2012256_orig.gif

So probably we will have 2 shows per venue, one totally defferent from the other..

what about selling tickets valid for both without the need of doing 2 presales? :lol:

:wub: :wub: :wub:  Good Idea !!! & We Want U2.com/Propaganda subscribers superPriority for the presales -_-

So probably we will have 2 shows per venue, one totally defferent from the other..

what about selling tickets valid for both without the need of doing 2 presales? :lol:

:wub: :wub: :wub:  Good Idea !!! & We Want U2.com/Propaganda subscribers superPriority for the presales -_-

Yeah!

I hope they go to the  Manchester Arena. On the 360 tour they only went to London and Sheffield. being disabled I find it hard to get a carer to take me-No-one likes U2!! If they do come to Manchester I might be advertising for a carer for the day to push my wheelchair!

Rumour mill ......but Word out of Live Nation in Toronto today by a top secret source is that the next U2 Tour will start in Europe on May 1 and 2 in Paris and they will play arenas in Europe for 3 months. The tour will be called the "Volcano Tour" and the stage will be in the shape of a volcano of some kind. The band wil take August off for vacation then head to North America and play arenas in the US and Canada in September - November then head to Mexico and Australia and play outdoors stadiums in December before Christmas. The band intend to play stadiums in South America in March 2016 and then back outdoor's for a possible a stadium tour in Europe in May, June and July and stadiums in the US in September October and November 2016.

?????

Exciting times again. Love it! Who knows what will be but this is all part of the fun :-)

Rumour mill ......but Word out of Live Nation in Toronto today by a top secret source is that the next U2 Tour will start in Europe on May 1 and 2 in Paris and they will play arenas in Europe for 3 months. The tour will be called the "Volcano Tour" and the stage will be in the shape of a volcano of some kind. The band wil take August off for vacation then head to North America and play arenas in the US and Canada in September - November then head to Mexico and Australia and play outdoors stadiums in December before Christmas. The band intend to play stadiums in South America in March 2016 and then back outdoor's for a possible a stadium tour in Europe in May, June and July and stadiums in the US in September October and November 2016.

?????

Exciting times again. Love it! Who knows what will be but this is all part of the fun :-)

It's fun to speculate, keeps me busy until something real happens :) 

This sounds great, the chance to see an indoor and outdoor show, fab! 

the best stage I've ever seen and I didn't see the concert's live is MetallicA's 'Through The Never' stage.

I think they only did 10 shows on it, 5 in Mexico & then they did the film in Canada.

I saw 360 live and I thought nothing could beat it until I got my Blu-Ray of TTN :blink: Tesla coils are the sh*t!!

I like the idea of arenas but I also remember how super difficult it is to get a ticket when they do arenas. Perhaps they'd consider doing stadiums in the larger metropolitan areas in the US and then arenas for the rest? Like Seattle, LA, NY could do Stadiums? Just a thought. I'll find a way to see them either way. 

I didn't find it that difficult for the Vertigo tour with the presales here.  Hopefully, we'll get those again and all will be good.  Mind you, it was nerve wracking, but it always has been.

I have horrible memories of trying to obtain tickets with the vertigo tour - I didn't. I was in with the bunch who were blocked from buying tickets and that whole fiasco. I've had some concert (a lot...) experience since then so I'm sure I'll find a way. It will be interesting to get tickets though. But with presales (and no blocking from u2.com) I think it will be ok. I hope!

Ok, so the rumours of the stage being a volcano are kinda cracking me up.  First they came out of a lemon and now they are going to rise up out of a volcano. LOL

2012256_orig.gif

LOL! I'm clearly out of the loop on that. hahaha :D  I did hear something about  a volcano tho but didn't pay it much attention. 

?????

I like this rumor  B)

2012256_orig.gif

LOL! I'm clearly out of the loop on that. hahaha :D  I did hear something about  a volcano tho but didn't pay it much attention. 

Wherever I read it, they may have been being silly.  I don't know.  I tend to take everything with a grain of salt unless it's on here.  But nonetheless, that did crack me up.

I'm worried about getting tickets to more than one show. If they go on sale at one time like all the UK shows probably will it could be a nightmare either trying to buy for more than one show and if that's not possible buying more than needed and doing swaps for other dates and venues. Won't be long now before the dates are announced and the sale kicks off.

I think they'll likely do indoor shows for the first leg where they play some rare songs then the next leg will be stadiums and revert to a more greatest hits show.

I don't see them playing two different shows over two nights, it would be very confusing. Maybe they'll change the setlist frequently etc.

But I can't see them doing specific nights for hits and another for b-sides etc.

I saw 4 Elevation shows from seats. It was not like being on the floor. I missed the floor. I was so glad to be back on it.

Vertigo was floor, Bonolulu, my hometown show.

360 was always floor. All those pretty lights and Zooropa...*sigh*

I don't want a seat.

Maybe for once the u2.com pre-sale will lift the limit on how many shows you can buy tickets for. Money is money right? I will probably try to get to the tour opener, the middle of the tour and the final show. My life's changed significantly since 360.

It should start in Vancouver BC because it's closer than Europe for me. And I like Vancouver BC.

Edited by Sigma957

I'd love it if they scrapped the the whole formulated set list concept and do what Pearl Jam do and play what they want, the joy of going to see Pearl Jam is that they play a completely different set every night, so you will see two different shows on any 2 nights , U2 tend to change about 3 songs from one night to the other. Come on boys keep us on our toes !!!

Yeah, hopefully they include a crazy COACHELLA FESTIVAL date sandwiched in-between Las Vegas MGM and say, L.A. STAPLES Center ? Do it Bono, you know you want to…. :)

(That's me with the White long sleeve. Thanks for signing my Joshua Tree Album guys!)

post-328186-0-75626800-1413184785_thumb.jpeg

I'd love it if they scrapped the the whole formulated set list concept and do what Pearl Jam do and play what they want, the joy of going to see Pearl Jam is that they play a completely different set every night, so you will see two different shows on any 2 nights , U2 tend to change about 3 songs from one night to the other. Come on boys keep us on our toes !!!

Couldn't agree more. One of the absolute delights of a Pearl Jam night is that you never know what you will hear since the setlists change every night. And the 3 hour long concerts. It's lovely. How long will U2 play for? Haven't seen them in a while.

24 songs generally give or take.

Depends ultimately how long the songs are that they play.

I hope they go to the  Manchester Arena. On the 360 tour they only went to London and Sheffield. being disabled I find it hard to get a carer to take me-No-one likes U2!! If they do come to Manchester I might be advertising for a carer for the day to push my wheelchair!

It's the biggest in the UK so defo be playing there. Saw them on my birthday in 01 there and I'm 40 next August, would be great if around this time having seen them in Madrid on my 30th. Or Leeds as it's my nearest venue and saw them at Roundhay for first time in 93. I will push you no problem!

UK I'd say probably....

O2 Arena London

Manchester Arena

Hydro, Glasgow

I'm not sure if they'd do Sheffield, Leeds, Newcastle, Nottingham arenas...They only played 2 venues in England (London, Sheffield) on the whole of the 360 tour and I think their all smaller than the O2 and Manchester by a bit of a margin.

They could do the Millennium Stadium in Cardiff which is a stadium but has a roof that closes which effectively makes it a large arena.

Dublin will most certainly be the Aviva Stadium!

I think Liverpool is nailed on, new arena that holds 10,000 , over 30 years since they played the city , their love of The Beatles and the fact the city is unofficially the capital of Ireland

Can't wait to see them in Paris. Bono talked about Bercy, right?

If I could, I would see each and every gig of theirs in Europe !! :P

New Rolling Stone says indoors for SOI jumping to outdoors with SOE - or something like that, haven't really read the article yet.

New Rolling Stone says indoors for SOI jumping to outdoors with SOE - or something like that, haven't really read the article yet.

Hopefully that includes the UK for both SOI and SOE. Muse did arenas around the release of The 2nd Law in autumn 2012 then moved into stadiums during summer 2013, hoping U2 do something along the same lines.

Sign in to follow this