Sign in to follow this  
febottini

Bono confirms plans for U2's 2015 tour

Sorry monica - just slid that second one in as related to the event, not for tour content.

So I know I want to do at least 2 dates, I also have my mum and sister that want to do one each, but seen as my mum really isn't up for chasing and waiting around for a chance to get autographs they will probably do different dates. Can we also swap for dates instead of or as well as venues?

Also, do we have a ball park figure on prices for GA, what are they usually? I'm getting my finances in order ready

Sorry for all the questions, I want to be prepared, I had to miss 360, I really want to get the most out of this one!

Tour Dates will definitely be announced before Christmas, I could do without the expense beforehand to be honest but never mind.

Hopefully in the UK we can split our subscriber pre sale allocation over venues this time. Surely if you buy 4 tickets it doesn't matter which nights or venues their spread over it is still just 4 tickets?!

3 nights in the Odyssey Arena, Belfast this time around lads - you know you want to! ;)  

Ok then....two nights......erm, well one, just give us one!

im with you on that,thou slane would be great for a ireland outdoor show

Hi Rhi_K

No one has any idea as to what ticket prices will be like but I think it may be round about £60-£70 for GA

This figure is based on average current prices but think it would be a great gesture from U2 if the prices were lower (don't see it happening)

If the Swap system works properly and you can get someone to swap then you should, in theory, be able to swap tickets for different dates, venues, cities

I don't know where in the UK you are but for talking sakes you are in London

You buy 4 tickets for Wembley, one for yourself, mum and sister leaving 1 unallocated.

You offer it up on the Swap Shop and Jimmy in Glasgow offers to swap one of his Glasgow tickets which suits you

OR

You buy your 4 tickets for Wembley, which is a regular 'electric' gig.

It could be the following night U2 are playing an acoustic set at Albert Hall and you arrange a swap with someone who has a spare ticket.

Buying tickets for U2 has to be one of the most complicated things in life

We're not happy just seeing them play in our local hall. We now have to travel half way round the world to see them somewhere different.

Its a drug and we need that live fix

Its all consuming and it takes over your life

My last child was due during the middle of the European Leg of the 360 tour

My partner was well aware that I may have been out of the country seeing U2 and I would not have come home if the baby was on its way

As I told her, I knew U2 before I met you, so learn to live with it.

If you notice that I don't post for a few weeks after this post, its because she has read this, and I am now in hospital having mysteriously fallen over or been in a suspicious accident

Ritcie495

I wish that would be the case this tour for tickets

To be able to split our ticket allocation for different venues would be heaven

When I think back to the hassle of the 360 tour and trying to arrange tickets for other venues it was murder

If anyone reading this has any influence in the manner which the ticket allocation is determined please allow Multi Venue Ordering

Please

PS Belfast, Wouldn't hold my breath

But if they do I'll be there

Thanks again Asterix, I really don't understand why there was one rule for some countries and another rule for others, hopefully they let us order for multiple venues, seems ridiculous to do otherwise to me. 

I'm in the Midlands, so I'm within easy reach of most places in the UK, I'm taking a guess that there will not be many in the UK but that it's likely that Wembley and Manchester will be up there (in my dreams they come play a very cosy gig at the Civic in Wolves, as if!!), so I'm really hoping that I can get Manchester simply because it's a bit easier to travel.

In theory I will do a date with my mum and swap the other 2 tickets for another date/venue which I will attend with my sister...that's the theory, so anyone who has is thinking they would like to do a Manchester gig and will have 2 surplus tix they would like to swap please keep me in mind, I'm happy with same venue different date (2 consecutive days with an overnight stop would be just awesome, a proper U2 holiday!), just getting my intentions out there  B)

Haha I had the same problem on 360, only I was the one carrying the baby, fortunately no more babies for me lol. I won't be going abroad, considered it, I'd love to, but it's just not really viable right now.

But hey, you never know, I may win the lottery in the meantime and I certainly hope so, due to a rather unfortunate accident of being born 20 years to late (87 sadly, auspicious only in that I happened to be born the day JT was unleashed on the world!) I missed ZooTV which I'd give my right arm to see and my parents could not afford to take me on Elevation) I have missed a lot and am determined that my addiction shall not go unsatisfied as recompense! :P

Edited by Rhi_K

Wembley Rhi, see you there ;) . They did a live broadcast from Sheffield last time if memory serves, just a few days after Wembley. It was Willie's birthday! Anyone remember that?

How about the Ricoh stadium?! Did they do NIA last time, can't remember, don't think they did tho, maybe too small!!!

It depends how extensive this aspect of the tour will be they may just stay to key cities and tour more areas when they take it back outdoor.

Sorry for another Coldplay comparison but with their recent album they played it indoors and literally played London, Paris, New York, Los Angeles and Tokyo. (Rumour has it their about to release another album quickly and go back outdoors and tour again)

I don't think U2 would cut it that short but I'm not sure they'll play a lot of town and cities in each country initially, they'll save that for when they inevitably go outdoors.

Patience is the word. Until any official announcement of any new shows / tour, then all we have is speculation... and until we hear any different, we can't start organising thinks like ticket swaps,, it would end up being too confusing and only end up with a lot of disappointed people.

But the moment anything is announced on the main page of U2.com, and we know full details, then the facility to swap tickets (for face value) and make firm plans via a dedicated forum somewhere in the Zoo, will be put in place.

But the moment anything is announced on the main page of U2.com, and we know full details, then the facility to swap tickets (for face value) and make firm plans via a dedicated forum somewhere in the Zoo, will be put in place.

And our hearts and minds will explode with excitement! 

And our hearts and minds will explode with excitement! credit card :D

Is it just me but.........

If I was U2 this would now be the time to sell tickets.

They are doing a massive job of promoting the album and getting interview and radio plays.

Almost everyone got the album whether they wanted it or not

Actual album sales are really good

In other words they are popular

Christmas around the corner, holiday season, feel good factor..........

Announce tour

That would be my business plan

Disagree. We should have at least a month's notice of the official dates before they go on sale since it will alter some people's lives for a year or more, maybe. It's also the right thing to do.

Hi Sigma957, my quote button is broken but here is my take and reply to your post

I don't see what there is to disagree with

In Europe and UK, U2 are very much getting a lot of airplay and media attention. In most interviews the forthcoming tour is mentioned but U2 band members are playing their cards close to their chest

My view, from a business perspective, would be to sell while the interest is there

Most, if not all bands announce a new tour to coincide with the release of their new album

The album is now out so the tour will be announced shortly

I see the tour being announced in November

******* ( MY PREDICTION)********

When U2 announced the 360 tour, the tickets went on sale shortly after. I believe the same happened on the Vertigo tour.

If I remember right, there were a few posts of people complaining of having to subscribe and pay out £40 the week before they could buy their 4 tickets for the 360 tour.

I agree its nice to know in advance when the tickets are going on sale, and to be able to put by a few £'s or $'s to budget for buying tickets, but, my observations and comments were based on the usual practice.

Ticket promoters love to advertise and sell tickets early for tours

The money, as you know, sits in a large bank account, gaining interest for months, which neither the band nor the venues gets access to.

Sell tickets early and maximise  your profits

Again these are my observations

Tickets always go on sale within days of the announcements to catch people in the excitement and panic.

If they announced the dates and then put the tickets on sale a month later it gives people too much time to think about it and the cost. Its common practice these days with bands.

Noel Gallagher recently announced a tour here in the UK and tickets went on pre sale 2 days later I bought two tickets for £77.00 each in a panic, If I had chance to think about it for a few weeks I probably wouldn't have paid that much and given it a miss as its close to christmas and in hindsight I think thats expensive.

U2 had 7,000,000 tickets sold on the 360 tour, out of that number a tiny ammount will actually be the "hardcore" fans from this website etc. Their big market is getting those going for the first time or tempting your normal fans who own the Joshua Tree and thats about it to go again.

Hi Ritchie

Thanks for the backup on this one

I was sure that the ticket sale was within days of the release

With that in mind, that is the reason I has ?alerted those who

1. Don't know how the system works

2. Made tentative enquiries regarding a ticket swap

Croke Park, Dublin  set for concert announcement   on  Friday, October 31 at 10:15am according to www.rte.ie 

Could this  be a tour launch?  Fingers crossed

Hi Ritchie

Thanks for the backup on this one

I was sure that the ticket sale was within days of the release

With that in mind, that is the reason I has ?alerted those who

1. Don't know how the system works

2. Made tentative enquiries regarding a ticket swap

And I thank you for it, I feel much more ready being in the know :)

Tickets do always go on sale within a week of the announcement. It's very rare for bands to put tickets on sale ages after they were announced.

Yeah its a simple sales strategy. I remember when the Rolling Stones announced Hyde Park they announced it 10am and pre-sale was 3pm the same day people panic bought tickets that quick they didn't have chance to think about the fact they were paying £150 - £500 a ticket, I know because I bought some  :D

U2 will most likely announce the tour dates on a Monday with a pre sale Weds/Thurs and general sale on Friday. If i remember correctly thats exactly how the first announcement of the 360 tour worked.

I would start getting your cash together now...

Croke Park, Dublin  set for concert announcement   on  Friday, October 31 at 10:15am according to www.rte.ie 

Could this  be a tour launch?  Fingers crossed

Could be but most likely not for U2 since it seems we will have an indoor tour

Croke Park, Dublin set for concert announcement on Friday, October 31 at 10:15am according to www.rte.ie

Could this be a tour launch? Fingers crossed

Could be but most likely not for U2 since it seems we will have an indoor tour

That's what I was thinking. Maybe Garth Brooks announcing 10 night residency :)

Edited by conradedkins

Yeah its a simple sales strategy. I remember when the Rolling Stones announced Hyde Park they announced it 10am and pre-sale was 3pm the same day people panic bought tickets that quick they didn't have chance to think about the fact they were paying £150 - £500 a ticket, I know because I bought some  :D

U2 will most likely announce the tour dates on a Monday with a pre sale Weds/Thurs and general sale on Friday. If i remember correctly thats exactly how the first announcement of the 360 tour worked.

I would start getting your cash together now...

Yeah, announcements usually come on Mondays with presale tickets on Wednesday at 9am and general sale tickets on Friday at 9am too. Luckily my college timetable doesn't inhibit my ability to be online early...

The Garth Brooks concert fiasco will certainly go down in history

The GAA and the residents really need to sit down and work out a solution

Found the residents quick to rent out their driveways for parking and sell water and drink when the concerts over

Was at Croke for the All Ireland and love it as a venue

I do find it a bit bizarre that they'd do Croke Park (a stadium) amid a lump of arena gigs. I mean, I know they did Slane during the Elevation tour, but that was a festival.

Sign in to follow this