Sign in to follow this  
febottini

Bono, Edge, Larry and Adam open up to Hot Press

In the new issue of Hot Press (with the famous Dublin act on the cover), Olaf Tyaransen joins Bono, Edge, Larry and Adam on a two-hour flight, discussing the new album, the iTunes experiment, and everything else concerning the band on everyone’s lips. He finds the four in rare form, eager to discuss a record that many have ranked amongst the best of their long and decorated career.

“It absolutely represents where we are,” says Adam of the album, “As a band that’s been around a long time. I’m always a little bit of looking back and trying to rationalize where you came from, but I think, in certain ways, it revitalised some of the things that made us.”

For U2’s thoughts on technology, taxation and plenty more besides, pick up the new issue of Hot Press, on shelves tomorrow!

B1IptxTIQAA1urn.png

I was so lucky to find Q magazine. There was only one and it was just that with U2 in the cover.

Now I just need to win the lottery because they're in so many imported magazines... they're all much more expensive here.

B0QpamKIcAEwnQh.jpg

Yes! Magazine imports are not cheap! Unfortunately, I'd also say Q normally has an outstanding interview, but this one is kind of average. Way too much space given over to the Apple bit & how long the album took.

Hot Press is starting with an old Adam interview:

http://www.hotpress.com/U2/music/interviews/Ace-of-bass/1481255.html

I guess for us - die-hard fans - most of the interviews sound the same. We've been following them in all magazines, radios, tv shows... so it's commom to see the same questions with the same answers, sometimes even with the same words... but I understand what they're doing, it's promo time and they need to talk and reach everyone.

I guess for us - die-hard fans - most of the interviews sound the same. We've been following them in all magazines, radios, tv shows... so it's commom to see the same questions with the same answers, sometimes even with the same words... but I understand what they're doing, it's promo time and they need to talk and reach everyone.

Absolutely. Sometimes you hear the same one-liners from Bono or the other members, but for me they do a great job of having a line of attack or rebuff. Every country in the world, and it's press, will have U2 knockers, and equally the band will have radio stations or written press that they trust more than others, that they have built up a relationship with over the years - that they know will help their promotional activity in a positive way. That's how it works.

Underpinning it all  - the music. The band have the music, the songs and the legacy, hence every media outlet, given the chance, really wants them on their show or on their print.

But we all know that.