Sign in to follow this  
febottini

Bono among stars to join Band Aid 30

Bob Geldof announced stars to collaborate for fourth recording of Do They Know It's Christmas?

After 30 years of the original release, this time the money will be used to fight Ebola in West Africa.

Among the stars: One Direction, Chris Martin, Ed Sheeran and many others. Bono is the only artist from the original recording.

The lyrics are a little bit different. The song will be recorded on next Saturday, in London, in the same studio used in 1984 and it will be available for download on Monday - November 17.

More info: The Telegraph

Can't beleive it's 30years already :o

I can ... theres been alot of beer under the bridge since then

Cheers :D

Can't beleive it's 30years already :o

I can ... theres been alot of beer under the bridge since then

We were So Young and Innocent too :)

Anyway that's great news

post-288312-0-07431000-1362929325.gif

I really wish Bob and Midge would just write a new song.  Nothing will ever compare to the original, Band Aid 2 and the 20th anniversary one were both horrid.

Don't know how long this will stay up but:

*edited to add official video

Edited by mich40

Yep, it was pulled. I did get a chance to see it when it was first posted and honestly it wasn't bad. I was envisioning it being not great, but honestly not bad. The first one is still the better one. I did get a giggle out of some of the chatter posted Twitter behind the making of this though. 

I think Guy Garvey was the highlight if I'm honest (a short highlight at that)

Overall I actually quite like it its better than imagined and well produced, maybe missed a couple extra big names but nevertheless not half as bad as I thought it could be.

I bought it, partly because I am still feeling guilty for not buying a copy in 1984! Someone gave me a copy when they got fed up with it

Kind of a group of adult carollers (Bob, Bono, Sinead, Midge, Seal, and Chris Martin) visit a high school classroom and sing ye olde favourite Christmas tune. Doesn't have the feel of the original in many ways, but I'm thankful they've created this vector, if you will, to allow others to help.

Now I've listened to it in full and it's not that bad at all. Fun to see Sinead, Bono, Seal and Midge in there. And good luck with helping people.