Sign in to follow this  
bigwave

'Another Time, Another Place' - Subscribers Offer 2015 Discussion (Merged)

I think it's worth mentioning here that the full 1983 concert Live at Red rocks is available on DVD. The stereo LPCM audio track is 16bit 48kHz and sounds very good indeed. Of course this is not the same as the 1980 concert being offered in the subscription. Just if you fancied a bit of pre-Joshua tree vintage U2, it can already be had.

SOI has made me go all U2 mad again. It has made me want to discover the vintage stuff I that i never really delved into before , despite having downloaded the Complete U2 off iTunes 10 yrs ago.

Edited by yew2

My current subscription is due to expire beginning of February

I have a couple of question which myself and others who's subscription expire soon may want answers for

1. As a re subscriber will I be issued with a new opertunity  to obtain tickets in a pre sale?

This is in relation to the yet to be announced Dublin concerts

If the Dublin presale is after my re subscription date, will I be able to use this membership quota for these concerts?

2. If re subscribing will this put me in Experience or Innocence group ?

3. I was informed by a member on here that they were able to buy 1 tickets for each of the Glasgow concerts using the same pre sale code

They had logged in to ticketmaster, entered their code, bought a ticket for the first night then repeated the process for the second night

If this is true then surely this information should have been made available to members.

Will the same be true if U2 play multiple dates in Dublin?

If anyone is in a position to clarify these issues I and I'm sure others would be grateful

My other option would be not to re subscribe and wait until other dates announced and rejoin knowing that I will be in Innocence group but still with a chance of a ticket

I am a new paid subscriber, and awaiting the North Side Story book in the mail. Anybody know how to find out when it will be coming? I never recieved an email about it...

I have a couple of question which myself and others who's subscription expire soon may want answers for

1. As a re subscriber will I be issued with a new opertunity  to obtain tickets in a pre sale?

If the Dublin presale is after my re subscription date, will I be able to use this membership quota for these concerts?

3. I was informed by a member on here that they were able to buy 1 tickets for each of the Glasgow concerts using the same pre sale code

They had logged in to ticketmaster, entered their code, bought a ticket for the first night then repeated the process for the second night

If this is true then surely this information should have been made available to members.

If anyone is in a position to clarify these issues I and I'm sure others would be grateful

My other option would be not to re subscribe and wait until other dates announced and rejoin knowing that I will be in Innocence group but still with a chance of a ticket

briefly :

1. 1 code per tour 'leg' if you have used it already, then no further code will be issued for this leg, but should another 'leg' be announced before your resub expires, you would be isssued with a new code at that time (thats how I read things).

2. Experience (as long as membership does not lapse)

3. Not known, most shows allowed code to be used for 1 ticket over 2 nights, a couple did not, we will have to wait & see.

I am a new paid subscriber, and awaiting the North Side Story book in the mail. Anybody know how to find out when it will be coming? I never recieved an email about it...

may be delayed to Xmas if you only recently joined, try HELP page for an order update request

Thanks Bigwave

Few things for me to think about

My interpretation based on your reply would be

1. As I've already used a pre sale code for this leg, when I re-subscribe then my new presale code could not be used for the ?soon to be announced Dublin shows, as they would be part of 'this leg'.

If towards the end of the year U2 announce a 2016 stadium tour them my sale code would apply then.

If I were to let my membership lapse and rejoin before Dublin shows then my new pre sale codes would apply to Dublin ticket sale.

Don't want my membership to lapse but, as a means to securing tickets for the Dublin shows then its a potential risk I have to take

Unless of course the Dream Gig comes a reality and I manage to get a ticket or two for that.

Thank you Asterix for raising and posting this issue. It could apply to me as well, depending on when the Dublin gigs will be announced.

It would be great, if we'd get a confirmation of your thoughts?! Or a confirmation of whatever will be the case?!

By the way, also thanks to Bigwave, you're doing a great job.

Greetings from Germany

funghi

anyone else pished off that U2 seem to be holding on to ppls money here. I paid $85 for a full subscription in early December. still not received the book as of mid Jan. No word regarding delivery from the website, but only after I queried the delivery time did I get a response. Guess what it was - I bought a subscription, not goods therefore i should not be complaining, now pish off like a good little boy. According to U2.com they do not have to deliver till March yet can hold onto my hard earned cash, tossers

I'm from Brazil and my "North Side Story" was shipped in november, but until today it has not arrived. It's taking too long.

Edited by romulobortolozzo

I really am disappointed in U2.com for not announcing the title/cover/track list for the vinyl. The original announcement said that all of that would be announced in a few weeks, but that was in November. Not cool.

I really am disappointed in U2.com for not announcing the title/cover/track list for the vinyl. The original announcement said that all of that would be announced in a few weeks, but that was in November. Not cool.

Agreed. It's about time we get some news.

Ahh, so that's what the image on my eBay listing will look like?! Cool...

I do like how every time someone says they don't have a record player, it is met with people telling them where they can find them, heh. Umm, we know where to find them. We don't want them... slight difference.

I need to renew my subscription before next week but i'm having some technical issues.Impossible to get it.Please help me

I need to renew my subscription before next week but i'm having some technical issues.Impossible to get it.Please help me

You need to provide more details about the technical issues in order to provide help...

Hola MAX, tus consejos en el twitter no me han funcionado, ya no creo que pueda renovar.

Todo va bien, direccion Billing, shipping, articulo (LP), taxes, y cuando pongo la tarjeta de credito (tengo 3 y las he probado todas, incluso las de la mujer), al saltar a la web de fanfire, me pone error..

He probado como dijiste borrar cookies, chache, reiniciar y nada, tanto con el explorer como con el chrome..

NO se ponerlo en ingles, por si alguien mas puede ayudarme.

Saludos y gracias. 

Entra a la sección de HELP. En la columna derecha esta un formulario CONTACT US. Elige la opcion BILLING/MEMBERSHIP en el menu topic y llena tus datos. en COMMENT/DESCRIPTIONS explica tu problema, lo mas detallado posible. Ten algo de paciencia porque la respuesta no es necesariamente inmediata.

Es posible que tengas que llamar al Customer Support Team. (+001-949-333-4820). Al hacer esta llamada, ten a la mano toda la información pertinente a tu cuenta.

Toma nota de que tanto el mensaje en HELP como la llamada es en inglés. Si se te complica, pide ayuda a algun amigo.

He renovado, en principio, a traves del SHOP de u2.com, pero aun me pone que quedan menos de 7 dias para renovar y que me caduca el dia 26.

Any news/updates on the live album? Any idea when we will know more (track list, release date, show date etc)?

Any news/updates on the live album? Any idea when we will know more (track list, release date, show date etc)?

As of right now (03/30/15) there are any updates on the album... It would be recommended to be checking periodically the main site - once there are any updates about this you will find them there...

Subbed up again for another year. Can't wait for this download and vinyl. Nice one!