Sign in to follow this  
bigwave

'Another Time, Another Place' - Subscribers Offer 2015 Discussion (Merged)

Re: Sound Quality

I'm an avid listener to viny records, but for the average person sound quality on CDs is almost always better unless that person has invested in a really good turntable and at least decent speakers/amp. Cheap turntables or a bad needle/stylus will produce bad sound, even on a really nice piece of vinyl.

Agreed. I'll take the vinyl sound anyday when I can get it.

Me too! When I first went to a nicer turntable after a basic one I'd had for years, I was blown away by the difference. Albums I'd heard a million times suddenly had a new life.

One thought for those who don't want the vinyl: you can always sell it to a collector. These will likely be a limited pressing and highly sought after.

Me too! When I first went to a nicer turntable after a basic one I'd had for years, I was blown away by the difference. Albums I'd heard a million times suddenly had a new life.

One thought for those who don't want the vinyl: you can always sell it to a collector. These will likely be a limited pressing and highly sought after.

Yes. You'll definitely find someone!

There should have also been a CD version of this or at least FLAC or/and WAV download...

Edited by pain_18_

Will the digital download be lossless or MP3?

Unfortunately it's MP3, not lossless...

Whilst a lot of U2heads love and collect vinyl equally as many if not more I suspect don’t.

I am one of the latter, I think in future it would be better if U2.com could put something out that everyone would be happy with.  Personally I’m not looking forward to the vinyl I can’t play it, ok I get the downloads – big deal.

There are some great unique U2 things out there and coming out soon e.g. the U2 Experience book that includes reproduction tickets, flyers, posters, contracts, etc (check out Amazon for pictures).  The U2 Innocence and Experience VIP package ‘gift’ portfolio containing guitar picks, drum head, piece of the stage(!), reproduction tickets/ posters and setlists (check out eBay for pictures).

Alright not everyone would want something like this, but it would be nice to have something that at least everyone could use, with maybe a bolt-on extra option where you could choose vinyl, CD or download?

Great thought, totally agree with you !!!

A simple option-list would have made the trick :

• Subscription choices:
  • Vinyl
  • CD
  • Lossless Download...
Edited by pain_18_

Whilst a lot of U2heads love and collect vinyl equally as many if not more I suspect don’t.

I am one of the latter, I think in future it would be better if U2.com could put something out that everyone would be happy with.  Personally I’m not looking forward to the vinyl I can’t play it, ok I get the downloads – big deal.

There are some great unique U2 things out there and coming out soon e.g. the U2 Experience book that includes reproduction tickets, flyers, posters, contracts, etc (check out Amazon for pictures).  The U2 Innocence and Experience VIP package ‘gift’ portfolio containing guitar picks, drum head, piece of the stage(!), reproduction tickets/ posters and setlists (check out eBay for pictures).

Alright not everyone would want something like this, but it would be nice to have something that at least everyone could use, with maybe a bolt-on extra option where you could choose vinyl, CD or download?

• Subscription choices:
  • Vinyl
  • CD
  • Lossless Download...

What it should have been, IMO, is vinyl with included lossless download. I mean, in the year 2015, including a digital, high quality download ought to be a given...

Can anyone help me on how to download "Ordinary Love" song from the site?

I just can´t find it.

Thanks

I just can´t find it.

Thanks

The only songs that are currently available for download are 3 from "Another Place, Another Time" for subscribers.

Still waiting for my subscribers vinyl album !!!!!!!

Since March this year!

Strongly considering not to re-subscribe next year !

Edited by Edwin

• Subscription choices:
  • Vinyl
  • CD
  • Lossless Download...

What it should have been, IMO, is vinyl with included lossless download. I mean, in the year 2015, including a digital, high quality download ought to be a given...

I agree. A download card/code should have been offered with vinyl.

I just can´t find it.

Thanks

If you go into your account info page any downloads available to you as a subscriber will be listed at the bottom left...

The vinyl ships mid-July

The vinyl ships mid-July

It's officially mid-July.  :)

can't be any more "mid-July" than today. But in all fairness, they didn't say which year....

Edited by cantinadetim

can't be any more "mid-July" than today. But in all fairness, they didn't say which year....

:P

Surely there gonna be sent out soon. I thought after a few downloads that we got we'd be getting them?!

Got an email today to confirm sub gift has shipped... Doesn't say what but hoping they got it correct and the vinyl is on it's way ;)