Sign in to follow this  
bigwave

'Another Time, Another Place' - Subscribers Offer 2015 Discussion (Merged)

Still waiting for mine to ship. Rang the U2.com helpline and they said my vinyl was on the way to the warehouse where it will be shipped, hope it will be soon.

my vinyl shipped - to my old house address, which I updated in my profile in February. Also, they provided tracking details, but no tracking number. So I get directed to the UPS site where it says I need a valid number to track.

my vinyl shipped - to my old house address, which I updated in my profile in February. Also, they provided tracking details, but no tracking number. So I get directed to the UPS site where it says I need a valid number to track.

No tracking number here either. :/

Does anyone know what format the double live download is available in, have not re-newed yet. thanks

The ones so far have been mp3 320kpbs, 44,100kHz

so the gift for subscribing for this year has not been sent yewt. it is august soon. shocking. last mail i had was end of april i think

I didn't get a letter (probably bounced from my e-mail server being messed up), but I got notified by UPS just now that something from Live Nation that weighs a pound has had labels printed, will be given to UPS soon, and will be delivered by a mail carrier on Thursday.  I don't know what else it could be.

If you're worried about the vinyl melting in the heat and you're in the US, tell your mail carrier to keep the package at the post office. 

Edited by tingly

If you sign up for MyUPS, you can have UPS hold it at a local UPS facility/store which gets it to you a day early.  It comes with a $3.50 charge for their trouble.  I tried, but it's too late for me, tomorrow either way.  It also keeps it from going around town in a postal/UPS truck all day or being left on your porch.

shipping estimates if all US deliveries are shipped from Sacramento

map_0544.gif

Edited by tingly

If you sign up for MyUPS, you can have UPS hold it at a local UPS facility/store which gets it to you a day early.  It comes with a $3.50 charge for their trouble.  I tried, but it's too late for me, tomorrow either way.  It also keeps it from going around town in a postal/UPS truck all day or being left on your porch.

shipping estimates if all US deliveries are shipped from Sacramento

map_0544.gif

That's good to know. I'd just be happy to get notification that my package has shipped at this point!  :)

I got notified a day early from being on My UPS.  That part of it is free.

I went down to the post office to see if I could wrangle it from the back.  The pallet hadn't been processed, so they couldn't grab it.  (USPS tracking number hadn't come live yet.)  I put a hold the package to avoid warping in the truck and I'll be able to get it around 10am tomorrow.

Edited by tingly

Finally got the tracking number to work, after signing up for MyUPS. Was hoping I could get them to hold it, but it's already at the post office and set for delivery tomorrow. Luckily my mail comes early so it won't sit in a hot truck all day.

Go to the post office when they open and they might be able to give it to you.  My USPS tracking number finally kicked on.

Go to the post office when they open and they might be able to give it to you.  My USPS tracking number finally kicked on.

That's an idea. Will try to do that, thanks for the suggestion.

I'll just be happy to get the e-mail saying it's shipped! never mind a tracking number!  :(

As July comes to a close, nary a word about my vinyl shipment. It's just bizarre that the distribution of subscriber gifts couldn't have been done in a more efficient manner.

What number should I use for the tracking? On the email i got a customer number and an order number but neither are working with the tracking and it was shipped last week.

I played mine.  Don't be shocked if the jacket corners have significant creasing. If you're a picky audiophile-type, I didn't see a speck of paper on the playing surfaces, just slight dust and the usual fingerprints which earn the usual pre-play cleaning.  The recording is quality which is the main thing.

The sleeve says Sept. 29, 1980.

My letter from help@u2.com had a USPS tracking number and it didn't go live until it was hours from delivery.  I only got the UPS tracking number from the dumb luck of signing up for My UPS last year.  When any package addressed to you is in UPS' system, you get auto-notified.  These fan club things trickle out cuz there's too many to send at once.  Sometimes, I'm one of the last to get them.  This time I wasn't.

Edited by tingly

Just received mine.  Looks great!

There's no download code though.  Maybe the download still has to appear in My Account.  Ah well, viva la vinyl!

Edited by Jo Van de Vreken

JULY 31st and Still No VINYL!!!   what is going on?  I Re Subscribed 8 months ago. Does it really take this long?

I renewed my subscription last November before the vinyl subscription package was announced. I did not receive another copy of the North Side book so I have only one copy of that. I have been getting the ATAP downloads. I emailed U2.com help last night and sent it twice asking if I was on the list about receiving the vinyl sice I haven't received any shipping information aside from the general emails everyone has been getting about downloads and where the vinyl is at in production/shipping. One person replied back to me that my current subscription did not include the vinyl while another person only replied that I was able to download the tracks and how to access them in my account, which I had already informed them I was able to do that.

I replied to the person back who stated that the vinyl wasn't available for my current subscription asking if it could be switched to be able to get one and haven't heard back yet.

Should I go ahead and give them a call?