Sign in to follow this  
bigwave

'Another Time, Another Place' - Subscribers Offer 2015 Discussion (Merged)

Hoping we'll get something cool this time...No Book ( Unless it exclusively contains U2-photos, but I still want music!!!!), No Vinyl, no mp3....Some rocking tunes....CD and/or FLAC please !!!!

To be honest, I prefer books much over CD's. In the end, "rare" cd's aren't that rare because a few days (even hours) after release they are already available as a (ILLEGAL...) download on many sites + anno 2015 a lot of people don't use CD's anymore, it's all digital nowadays. So yes, you have a "very limited fanclub CD" because you paid 40 euro's, but your neighbor or colleague who didn't paid that 40, will also have the same cd for free (only without the case and booklet).

A book is something that can't be copied and share via download sites, so a book is really a gift with limited availability so it feels more "special" to me to have it.

Edited by Lobmans

Alright, great point, man !!! Then a really RARE BOOK with FLAC downloads from the site ?

Lobmans, lol.....At least the CDs I can play.....What about the vinyl...??? I couldn't even play it.

Edited by pain_18_

Perhaps I'm in the minority here, but I actually really loved the vinyl subscription gift and wasn't terribly disappointed with the time it took to get it. I do own a record player though, so I can understand the disappointment for those who don't. And as for the wait time, I do think it would have been nice to have it sooner than we got them, but wasn't a big deal for me.

That said, my subscription runs out beginning of December, so I'm curious to see how long it'll be until we get word on what the gift will be. Perhaps a DVD of this weekend's HBO special? Whatever it is, hopefully those of us who will have to resubscribe soon won't have too much trouble getting the new gift when it finally is announced.

The HBO concerts (mix of 1,2 and 3) are going on DVD as the official DVD of the I+E-tour... So no   subscribers' rarity  there.

Edited by pain_18_

bigwave, any news about the new gift? My subscription expire in 12 days. Thank you.

we are still waiting official news, I know its being worked on day by day as a priority, so very soon we should know more

The HBO concerts (mix of 1,2 and 3) are going on DVD as the official DVD of the I+E-tour... So no   subscribers' rarity  there.

Oh, I didn't realize the HBO special was going to be the DVD. That makes sense though. 

AFAIK that are only speculation by fans, there are no official sources for a DVD-release of the HBO concert.

Sorry, but the Paris concert is going on DVD, Lobmans !!!  It's actual INFO !!!  Isn't that right, Big Wave ?

Edited by pain_18_

My subscription ends dec,09.

Renewing it before this date - I´ll be innocence or experience in the next presales codes?

Edited by guklein

Sorry, but the Paris concert is going on DVD, Lobmans !!!  It's actual INFO !!!  Isn't that right, Big Wave ?

The HBO special is "live," isn't it? So, it'll be their whole Saturday night show. Is that going to be the DVD or is the DVD going to be a mix of the Paris shows?

Either way, I agree it won't be particularly rare... So probably not the gift.

The HBO special is "live," isn't it? So, it'll be their whole Saturday night show. Is that going to be the DVD or is the DVD going to be a mix of the Paris shows?

Either way, I agree it won't be particularly rare... So probably not the gift.

I don't know about the HBO/DVD mix, remix, live/no-live....I Strongly HOPE it won't be the gift !!!

My subscription ends dec,09.

Renewing it before this date - I´ll be innocence or experience in the next presales codes?

At this moment there isn't any new tour scheduled... so, there is no way to say how the presales will work...

the recommendation is to err on the cautious side by always keeping the subscription active...

at this moment, the existence of the DVD is mere speculation...

at this moment, the existence of the DVD is mere speculation...

Ah, okay. Thanks.

Would definitely love to see a DVD of this tour though.

Dear Bigwave and U2.com,

My subscription expires within 20 days.

I want to renew but the only options I get is for the vinyl and or book (which I already have got).

Please could you introduce an extra category renew gift TBC?

So that we can renew and get whatever new thing gets announced?

Hope you can help.

Thanks

My problem is that there IS NO RENEW BUtton on my account info section !!!  Will the button-bracket appear AFTER 10 December 2015 ???

Edited by pain_18_

Hi, having this issue with the subscription and gifts again this year. My renewal was due next week so I just renewed (so as not to lapse) but would really like to get the new gift not

• 'Another Time, Another Place' Limited Edition Live Set - Double Vinyl

Sent a message to U2 help hopefully they can find a way to help me.

AFAIK that are only speculation by fans, there are no official sources for a DVD-release of the HBO concert.

Exactly. I haven't heard any talk or rumor about DVD either.

I mean, it makes sense and it would be super duper unexpected not to get one, but we need to wait for a confirmation. Either way the HBO show (if it'll happen, after what's going on in Paris tonight) will be available online from various sites illegaly hours after it has ended.

Will we get an option soon to purchase the "TBD" Subscription Gift? I seem to remember there was such an option last year.

My problem is that there IS NO RENEW BUtton on my account info section !!!  Will the button-bracket appear AFTER 10 December 2015 ???

http://www.u2.com/renew ?

WOW, thanks !!!