Sign in to follow this  
bigwave

'Another Time, Another Place' - Subscribers Offer 2015 Discussion (Merged)

Will we get an option soon to purchase the "TBD" Subscription Gift? I seem to remember there was such an option last year.

Check this thread: http://zootopia.u2.com/topic/33100-clarification-on-the-currect-subscription/It's one of the last comments... 

"Hi Jason, you should send a note through the http://www.u2.com/help page to state you wish to have the new offer when it is announced, I understand CS are set up to make a note of that for folk in same position as you - lets know what response you get."

Dear Bigwave and U2.com,

My subscription expires within 20 days.

I want to renew but the only options I get is for the vinyl and or book (which I already have got).

Please could you introduce an extra category renew gift TBC?

So that we can renew and get whatever new thing gets announced?

Hope you can help.

Thanks

I have to renew within 7 days and already have the vinyl in my collection.

Please give us more information soon .... thx

news expected soon... in meantime, as I said in another thread (will add link when i find it) if you are due to resub now, add a note to CS when you do, stating you already have last years gift and you want to wait for new offer but don't want to lose legacy, & they will add a note to your account and this will be honoured I am told.

news expected soon... in meantime, as I said in another thread (will add link when i find it) if you are due to resub now, add a note to CS when you do, stating you already have last years gift and you want to wait for new offer but don't want to lose legacy, & they will add a note to your account and this will be honoured I am told.

When I contacted customer service about it, they didn't do it that way. (I've sent you already earlier a pm with the conversation with CS)

So because of their advice, I have let my account expire last month...

Edited by Lobmans

Sorry, but what is CS? Thanks.

When I contacted customer service about it, they didn't do it that way. (I've sent you already earlier a pm with the conversation with CS)

So because of their advice, I have let my account expire last month...

sorry i missed that PM, will recheck now - I have asked about people who have done same as you if any way to acknowledge what you were told by CS prior to them being updated recently

Any idea what 'soon' might be? 

Screen Shot 2015-11-23 at 17.26.17.png

attachicon.gifScreen Shot 2015-11-23 at 17.26.17.png

Lolll, good one Bigwave, I like your swag!!  :lol:

seriously though, as soon as we get to know anything further, we will post, its being worked on daily I know that much.

Hi Bigwave

On that subject, there appears to be a few threads on this subject. Is this the best one to check on for the latest updates?

The last email I received for U2 members was on October 28 about New Short Films.  Since then I have not received any other emails. My membership expires on December 2, 2015.  In all previous years, I always received a "reminder email to renew my membership".  Why did I not receive one this year ??

Just in case, I renewed just now for next year (2015 - 2016) just to stay in good standing. 

On the U2.com website, when you renew, it still says 2014-2015.  WHY HAS IT NOT BEEN UPDATED ??

fyi

Contacting the cs to put a note to the account after the RE-sub is working.

I already have the 10'' ATAP vinyl and contacted them.

Here's their replay:

Hello XYZ,

Thank you for reaching out to Fan Club Support. I will be glad to assist you.

I have reviewed your account and see you signed up twice for the double vinyl, however, once the new gift is announced your order will be updated to receive the new gift. I have noted your account in regards to the issue, as a requested.

Thank you for contacting us and have a great day!
Sincerely,
Jeanette M
U2.com Team

@bigwave

Thanks for the hint.

Dear Bigwave and U2.com,

My subscription expires within 20 days.

I want to renew but the only options I get is for the vinyl and or book (which I already have got).

Please could you introduce an extra category renew gift TBC?

So that we can renew and get whatever new thing gets announced?

Hope you can help.

Thanks

I have to renew within 7 days and already have the vinyl in my collection.

Please give us more information soon .... thx

As stated otherplace in the thread, renew and contact Customer Support: ""Hi Jason, you should send a note through the http://www.u2.com/help page to state you wish to have the new offer when it is announced, I understand CS are set up to make a note of that for folk in same position as you - lets know what response you get.""

So after resubbing I sent an email to customer support asking if I could get the new gift, but whoever replied apparently didn't read the part where I said I'd just resubbed, and told me to resub. Now I've got an email telling me that the vinyl has shipped...

So after resubbing I sent an email to customer support asking if I could get the new gift, but whoever replied apparently didn't read the part where I said I'd just resubbed, and told me to resub. Now I've got an email telling me that the vinyl has shipped...

try them again..

Hi Bigwave

On that subject, there appears to be a few threads on this subject. Is this the best one to check on for the latest updates?

have merged the 2 threads here in free section and left the one in paid (will update that one too with any new info)

Make sure you renew uour subscription before it expires, let customer service know you are paying for next years membership.

Edited by Janglngjack

attachicon.gifScreen Shot 2015-11-23 at 17.26.17.png

Thanks Mr Community Manager. Well played you. 

Is membership yearly from January to December or a year from when you sign up?

Is membership yearly from January to December or a year from when you sign up?

A year from when you sign up.

Hmmm mine is up today but not sure whether to bother and just see what the next gift is.

I never use the 25% off, the past couple of gifts have been OK but not really my cup of tea (U22 and From The Ground Up were great though)  and I didn't struggle to get any GA tickets in the general sale.

Tough decision...

Yep, the next gift better be pretty cool...I didn't like the vinyl and the book....

Edited by pain_18_