Sign in to follow this  
bigwave

'Another Time, Another Place' - Subscribers Offer 2015 Discussion (Merged)

Hi, I renewed a few days ago, will I receive the new subs gift or get another north side story thing? Thanks x

more info on folk like you who fall into this category due soon, probably via a u2.com email, but you should get the chance to choose new gift - when details of how that will work are known, will update here..

Cheers Chuck :) xx

Hi, I renewed a few days ago, will I receive the new subs gift or get another north side story thing? Thanks x

more info on folk like you who fall into this category due soon, probably via a u2.com email, but you should get the chance to choose new gift - when details of how that will work are known, will update here..

I emailed and submitted an inquiry via the Help area. I just received my response today that I would be added to the list who will get both the old one (again) and the new one. My suggestion is for you and anyone else in the same boat to contact them along with your order number and ask to receive the new gift. Make sure they email a confirmation back to you so you can be sure your added to that list.  

Thanks, I've just done this, too xx

Sweet - love the old stuff, but hope it's not the same as the "rarities" we got with the U2 iPod years ago.  Would much prefer a CD over vinyl - no longer have a record player and have gotten rid of all of my albums, but thank goodness for the download.  I'm hoping that they're doing this to familiarize younger fans with the old stuff in case they're planning on playing some older, rarer songs on the tour.

your subscription is up to date so rest assured any presale code would be already covered and you will not miss out

For up to date do you mean everyone with a valid paid membership including those who still didn't renew with the new offer?

To explain my question: mine will expire early days of march 2015. Will I get the presale code?

your subscription is up to date so rest assured any presale code would be already covered and you will not miss out

For up to date do you mean everyone with a valid paid membership including those who still didn't renew with the new offer?

To explain my question: mine will expire early days of march 2015. Will I get the presale code?

If any tour is announced before that date, then yes would be the answer Monica

any ideas on where the show is from?

as a collector i'm likin the sound of the vinyl B)

good question, not been mentioned yet, anyone care to hazard a guess? Saw it somewhere that the photo on the main page covering this story was from a Dandelion Market show in 1979, so its probably not that one.. only speculating though..

this is a list of boots from then,i've got the hilversum one which os pretty good quality of its time,could be that one.

http://www.u2gigs.com/cover/gallery.php?dir=Audio-Covers%2F1980-1981%20-%20Boy%20Tour%2F01%20-%201980%20-%201st%20Leg%20-%20Europe%2F&startpic=0

Edited by gibbo1968

I recently re- subscribed 2-3 weeks ago and just received my 2nd North Side Story.... :(

I renewed 1 day before the announcement on advice from http://www.musictoday.com. contact them, hope they help.

When it says the "Ireland and the UK" bit, it sounds like one of the tours off their first four singles (U2:3, Another Day, 11 O'Clock Tick Tock, or A Day Without Me) all of which were in 1980, though if the language is exacting, then only the first three are relevant as they each took in both Ireland and England (A Day Without Me was basically England, and the start of the Boy tour was Holland and England). They've already released the National Stadium gig (Another Day tour), and it would be like them to do so again, but I'm hoping that's not the case, as almost anything else from those four single tours should have fans over the moon either for the sound quality or for being completely new to fans. To keep playing the game using the language as "exacting" the mention of "I Will Follow" (written in July 1980 I believe), a couple hundred audience members, and small clubs would place us at the end of the 11 O'Clock Tick Tock tour. Leixlip Castle (though I'd love an official release of a live Shadows and Tall Trees) would be out as the audience was in the thousands. Maybe the "secret" Project Arts Centre gig? But if I have to guess, I'm going to say the sold out Half-Moon Club, London gig from July 1980. If I'm wrong, I'm wrong :) A second and more likely guess would be the September 22, 1980 gig in London during the "A Day Without Me" tour, as they've already released Boy/Girl from it, so we know they have a recording. Anyway, as I said, it may be hard for the long-timers and completists to lose on this one other than a National Stadium re-release.

Not happy with this subscription offer at all. I already have North side stories. I dont have a player that plays vinyl dont even know if you can buy one, even if i could i wouldnt, not to play one album. I think there should have been a choice between vinyl and cd. Disappointed this year.

Wow. I'm excited about the music that will be offered. Not so happy about the choice basically being vinyl or mp3. I have no interest in getting a record player. The majority of the music I buy on physical copy is classical, so I'm better off sticking with CDs for the sake of availability. But, download wouldn't have nearly the sound quality of the vinyl. I wish this were offered on CD as well.

Yes! Vinyl gift for re-subbng - my current sub doesn't expire till April 2015 but might just go back in early

I've no record player either......maybe it will make a good wall art display, plus my kids have never seen a vinyl record before.....it will be like a history lesson :lol:

You can buy turntables from deejays.

Or amazon and eBay.

*air guitar*

I'm curious what gig this will be from. I has a few shows from the Boy tour. MP3s are rubbish sound for me; there should be an option for lossless audio download (FLAC or WAV) at 48bit 96khz. Or aka Ultra HD audio.

:D

Edited by Sigma957

Choice of CD in lieu of vinyl would have been good. Don't buy vinyl don't have a record player. What next a fan club compact cassette release?! Good grief give me a break, don't tell me it was the same bright spark who decided to give away part of the last subscription i.e. the poster free to black friday record store customers. At least Gibbos happy about something for once ;0)

Edited by joshthetree

I just re-newed my subscription. How long does it take to kick in and when will I get the email for the pre-sale?

I just re-newed my subscription. How long does it take to kick in and when will I get the email for the pre-sale?

I logged out and logged back in but still not showing up as a paid subscriber. I've been on the phone for an hour and 20 minutes now waiting to speak to someone from the help line.

logout, clear browser cache & cookies, and log in again to show up here as paid subscriber

emails just gone out http://zootopia.u2.com/topic/29101-wednesday-3rd-december-2014-subscribers-newsletter/

I've logged out 3 times but still not showing up as a paid subscriber. I have the confirmation number for my purchase. What else can i do?

what OS / browser? Can you try a different one / alternative PC?

I've tried on the desktop, tablet, and even my phone. I'm going to panic soon... should I just try paying again??

just in :      New U2.com Subscription Packages 2014/2015 Announced    

U2.com News story : http://www.u2.com/news/title/rare-early-live-set-vinyldownload/

please use this thread to discuss

link to see full details : http://www.u2.com/renew

also new site skin / layout underway...

if you have renewed your subscription recently, you should receive an email soon regarding the crossover between the 2 offers... stay tuned for more on that...

attachicon.gifScreen Shot 2014-11-25 at 23.53.40.png

trying again

what OS / browser? Can you try a different one / alternative PC?

I've tried on the desktop, tablet, and even my phone. I'm going to panic soon... should I just try paying again??

I paid a 2nd time so now my account shows me as a subscriber but not here on the forums. I'm confused!