Sign in to follow this  
bigwave

'Another Time, Another Place' - Subscribers Offer 2015 Discussion (Merged)

I am an early re-subscriber each year (Mid Nov) and could only select the old gift as the new gift was not yet available. I already have the Northside Story book from the previous year's subscription so want the latest gift offer available (Inc the downloads). I've tried to explain this via the help email contact only to get an email back over a week later saying I'm not subscribed to the new Album Gift. This is incredibly frustrating as it seems to happen each year, certainly for the last 3 years anyway. As an early re-subscriber (I'm sure there are many) we are being disadvantaged by having to go thru this process of explanation each year. All they have to do is check the expiry date of the subscription and update to the latest gift if the subscriber requests this. I don't currently have access to 'The Ocean' download so 'Im assuming I will also not receive the album. I'm an 'Up to Date paid subscriber' so having access to the latest subscription offer should be the minimum I receive as that's what I've paid for. Also to note, I've been a subscriber each year since the Propaganda Magazine days. Be nice to hear from them and know they are sorting out a problem for a 20 plus year member. Also thanks to Bigwave for sharing. On a lighter note, I hope everyone is enjoying the tour, the access to live audio feeds, I certainly am !!

Woot, live audio feeds of the show ?? Eg. 31st May show ? I never knew this.

In the UK , we are 8 hours ahead, can we still get this ? Do you have a weblink for the exact site ? Thanks.

I've simply been following the twitter feed with the hashtag search #u2ieTour and you will see various feeds available, simply click on their link...... also live comments and photo's from people at the show who use the same hashtag. Enjoy :)

I am an early re-subscriber each year (Mid Nov) and could only select the old gift as the new gift was not yet available. I already have the Northside Story book from the previous year's subscription so want the latest gift offer available (Inc the downloads). I've tried to explain this via the help email contact only to get an email back over a week later saying I'm not subscribed to the new Album Gift. This is incredibly frustrating as it seems to happen each year, certainly for the last 3 years anyway. As an early re-subscriber (I'm sure there are many) we are being disadvantaged by having to go thru this process of explanation each year. All they have to do is check the expiry date of the subscription and update to the latest gift if the subscriber requests this. I don't currently have access to 'The Ocean' download so 'Im assuming I will also not receive the album. I'm an 'Up to Date paid subscriber' so having access to the latest subscription offer should be the minimum I receive as that's what I've paid for. Also to note, I've been a subscriber each year since the Propaganda Magazine days. Be nice to hear from them and know they are sorting out a problem for a 20 plus year member. Also thanks to Bigwave for sharing. On a lighter note, I hope everyone is enjoying the tour, the access to live audio feeds, I certainly am !!

Please call the customer support team - 1-800-615-1324 (inside the US) | +001-949-333-4820 (outside the US), and explain the situation. Please have in hand any and all documents about your subscription...

Please let us know of the outcome of the phone call either here or via PM...

Made the call today (prob AU $15-20) and advised by Kellen that he has updated the gift to ATAP.  Also asked for an email confirm which I received. Just waiting now for that to reflect on the U2.COM site and the access to the ATAP downloads.

Please call the customer support team - 1-800-615-1324 (inside the US) | +001-949-333-4820 (outside the US), and explain the situation. Please have in hand any and all documents about your subscription...

Please let us know of the outcome of the phone call either here or via PM...

Made the call today (prob AU $15-20) and advised by Kellen that he has updated the gift to ATAP.  Also asked for an email confirm which I received. Just waiting now for that to reflect on the U2.COM site and the access to the ATAP downloads.

thanks for letting us know peach, and good advice to follow for anyone else in similar position

Just an update on this membership issue above... I had to make a second call as the change was not reflected on my login and the U2 shop order number still showed the previous years gift and no 'The Ocean' download was showing. Spoke to Joy this time who confirmed they had only made a manual change to adjust the order when dispatching the gift. They need to now send an email to management and the website administrator to have this changed. Joy will email me when this is done. Cheers

Just an update on this membership issue above... I had to make a second call as the change was not reflected on my login and the U2 shop order number still showed the previous years gift and no 'The Ocean' download was showing. Spoke to Joy this time who confirmed they had only made a manual change to adjust the order when dispatching the gift. They need to now send an email to management and the website administrator to have this changed. Joy will email me when this is done. Cheers

please keep us updated on this... if this doesn't happen in a reasonable time, please send us a PM...

Thanks for the heads up , finally something truly official. Let's hope it's accurate.

Starting to think it will be shipped with next year's subscription gift :P

This will be my only reason for getting a turntable so I certainly hope not !

So which turntables do people have ?

I am thinking of getting the obsolete Technics SL-7.

Take us to a new place please, change it up, slap our shit with a new place to go. We know u got that shit, time to unleash it. Just saying.

please keep us updated on this... if this doesn't happen in a reasonable time, please send us a PM...

I have the same issue with my subscription. I renewed on 6 November 2014, 2 weeks before the announcement of the new offer.

When I renewed in November 2013, I received as the subscriber gift the book North Side Story in Spring 2014. I got the same book _again_ in November 2014 for the 2014/2015 subscription.

I thought I had sorted it out with Live Nation Merchandise Customer Service in November, as they wrote:

"Since the membership item has not been changed/announced yet, renewed memberships are still receiving the North Side Story book. Please feel free to give it as a gift. In the meantime, I will file your order with the others, and when a new gift is announced you will receive that as well."

No so. As the downloads did not appear in my login profile, I emailed again.

The first reply was:

"You are not eligible to download the advance tracks from ‘Another Time, Another Place’ due to when you took out your annual subscription (new or renewed), if you selected the ‘Annual Subscription Package: Another Time, Another Place’ OR the ‘Premium Subscription: Another Time, Another Place & Book’, then you are eligible for the downloads. (If you selected ‘Annual Subscription: North Side Story’ you are not eligible for the downloads.) "

I replied that on 6 November 2014 there was no such choice to be made and that I had discussed the issue immediately with Live Nation. I even referred to this thread and peach23's post above.

This time the reply I got from U2.com Team (support@u2.com) was:

"We had recently reached out for information about this package gift and unfortunately your order is not eligible to download the advance tracks from ‘Another Time, Another Place’."

No explanations.

Not sure now, if I will even get the vinyl album, or not.

So next Fall, I'm sure to let my subscription to expire, and to renew only after the item has been published.

I have the same issue with my subscription. I renewed on 6 November 2014, 2 weeks before the announcement of the new offer.

When I renewed in November 2013, I received as the subscriber gift the book North Side Story in Spring 2014. I got the same book _again_ in November 2014 for the 2014/2015 subscription.

I thought I had sorted it out with Live Nation Merchandise Customer Service in November, as they wrote:

"Since the membership item has not been changed/announced yet, renewed memberships are still receiving the North Side Story book. Please feel free to give it as a gift. In the meantime, I will file your order with the others, and when a new gift is announced you will receive that as well."

No so. As the downloads did not appear in my login profile, I emailed again.

The first reply was:

"You are not eligible to download the advance tracks from ‘Another Time, Another Place’ due to when you took out your annual subscription (new or renewed), if you selected the ‘Annual Subscription Package: Another Time, Another Place’ OR the ‘Premium Subscription: Another Time, Another Place & Book’, then you are eligible for the downloads. (If you selected ‘Annual Subscription: North Side Story’ you are not eligible for the downloads.) "

I replied that on 6 November 2014 there was no such choice to be made and that I had discussed the issue immediately with Live Nation. I even referred to this thread and peach23's post above.

This time the reply I got from U2.com Team (support@u2.com) was:

"We had recently reached out for information about this package gift and unfortunately your order is not eligible to download the advance tracks from ‘Another Time, Another Place’."

No explanations.

Not sure now, if I will even get the vinyl album, or not.

So next Fall, I'm sure to let my subscription to expire, and to renew only after the item has been published.

I hear your frustration Tim and in my case 2 phone calls and similar emails from me hasn't solved anything yet after 3 weeks either. Bigwave has started a list to help us as well. See here...... add your name to this thread http://zootopia.u2.c...ng-please-read/

Edited by peach23

Thanks for the thread link, peach23!

thanks guys, have updated that topic & will keep on it until we get it sorted

I'm currently talking to customer support on this. Was initially told I would have the gift amended as I always end up having to renew before the new package is announced. Since been told I need to cancel and resubscribe. Concerned it will affect my priority presale status. Anyone else had this and can help? Lee

Downloads are now showing for me. Big thanks to BW for helping everyone. Cheers

8 months later and still no vinyl here.... <_<

Are they started with the shipping yet?

Edited by marsie030

As of today, no...

Once the shipping starts, you will find a notice in the board...

As of today, no...

Once the shipping starts, you will find a notice in the board...

Thx for the information

Edited by marsie030

The download for 11 o'clock tick tick is the best version I have ever heard. I have a couple of live versions from the iTunes Complete U2 collection , this one is the best and the audio quality is surpringly good , better than the former for what it's worth , it is 320 Kbps.

Must say I wish there was a CD version of the whole show they could send out as well as vinyl or at least to keep us happy in the meantime.

I renewed in Feb and I'm okay with it taking time to ship. I, too, have been a long-time subscriber (ahh the Propaganda days :) ) It would just be nice to have regular status updates. Good to hear we are looking at next month now.

I renewed in Feb and I'm okay with it taking time to ship. I, too, have been a long-time subscriber (ahh the Propaganda days :) ) It would just be nice to have regular status updates. Good to hear we are looking at next month now.

You next month FOR now... lol. I'm getting antsy here!  :)