Sign in to follow this  
bigwave

'Another Time, Another Place' - Subscribers Offer 2015 Discussion (Merged)

Waiting 8 month.......LOL.....I think the next gift will be postet here before this one is shipped....

Yes I think we should be given CD copies as a good will gesture pending the vinyl.

I had a dream last night where I finally received the vinyl in the mail. I'm pretty sure the setting was the distant future. Flying cars and stuff.

I Re-Subscribed, back when tickets went on sale (November 2014), i understand waiting for the vinyl, but i dont understand why we keep hearing this month it will ship, and then next month it will ship, and now July it will ship...  and why are only two songs ready for download? not much is making sense. And its getting kind of frustrating

Any idea when the resub product is being posted out?

Renewed December 2014 and not received anything yet

I Re-Subscribed, back when tickets went on sale (November 2014), i understand waiting for the vinyl, but i dont understand why we keep hearing this month it will ship, and then next month it will ship, and now July it will ship...  and why are only two songs ready for download? not much is making sense. And its getting kind of frustrating

Agree 100%. The lack of any information is frustrating, to say the least.

I received an email back in April that Another time, Another Place was in the manufacturing process but have not received it yet. Has anyone received it yet? I renewed my subscription before the new package was announced and already have the North Aide book from the year before and didn't receive another.

I have not received it, nor have I received any email updates. The only info at all was from here that said, "Delivery of the physical product is expected in Spring 2015". I've seen a couple of post from people saying they've received an email with vague time frames.

I just emailed through the U2.com "contact us" portal and asked for an update.

Thank you - this 8 month wait is becoming frustrating 

Whilst a lot of U2heads love and collect vinyl equally as many if not more I suspect don’t.

I am one of the latter, I think in future it would be better if U2.com could put something out that everyone would be happy with.  Personally I’m not looking forward to the vinyl I can’t play it, ok I get the downloads – big deal.

There are some great unique U2 things out there and coming out soon e.g. the U2 Experience book that includes reproduction tickets, flyers, posters, contracts, etc (check out Amazon for pictures).  The U2 Innocence and Experience VIP package ‘gift’ portfolio containing guitar picks, drum head, piece of the stage(!), reproduction tickets/ posters and setlists (check out eBay for pictures).

Alright not everyone would want something like this, but it would be nice to have something that at least everyone could use, with maybe a bolt-on extra option where you could choose vinyl, CD or download?

Whilst a lot of U2heads love and collect vinyl equally as many if not more I suspect don’t.

I am one of the latter, I think in future it would be better if U2.com could put something out that everyone would be happy with.  Personally I’m not looking forward to the vinyl I can’t play it, ok I get the downloads – big deal.

There are some great unique U2 things out there and coming out soon e.g. the U2 Experience book that includes reproduction tickets, flyers, posters, contracts, etc (check out Amazon for pictures).  The U2 Innocence and Experience VIP package ‘gift’ portfolio containing guitar picks, drum head, piece of the stage(!), reproduction tickets/ posters and setlists (check out eBay for pictures).

Alright not everyone would want something like this, but it would be nice to have something that at least everyone could use, with maybe a bolt-on extra option where you could choose vinyl, CD or download?

Did you not have the option to choose the book? I think the reason for the vinyl was to mix things up a little. It's been books and CD's in the past few years. And many of us have enough guitar picks to last a lifetime!   :)  The VIP book is fantastic, but they're selling it at the shows, so it's not unique to members. I completely agree with what you're saying, but it's near impossible to please everyone and still offer up something unique and different and exclusive! I think most of us old-schoolers have compiled plenty of tangible clutter over the years and would rather have the aural excitement while kicking back and reading some good old sleeve liner notes!   :)

P.S.- You're an old schooler yourself! You need to go out and grab yourself a turntable and start collecting the albums... Listen like they were meant to be listened. You haven't heard No Line On The Horizon until you've listened to it on vinyl!!! :)  :)

Edited by gpmalecki

The option with the book was good if you were not already a paying member because the same book was last year gift

The option with the book was good if you were not already a paying member because the same book was last year gift

good point. forgot that little fact...   :blink:  

Edited by gpmalecki

As a collector's item, the vinyl is much more desireable to me than a CD. The artwork, limited edition pressing, etc. I'm excited. Assuming, of course, that the vinyl will ever actually be mailed out....

so happy with the vinyl... finally they think about people who don't own a cd player nor a mp3 player!!!!!!! Joking, but as usual people are frustrated with everything they offer, last year it was a book that most people thought it was useless, now the vinyl. People complaining about this release should just remember what it was to receive Duals.... on CD !!!!!!!!!

so happy with the vinyl... finally they think about people who don't own a cd player nor a mp3 player!!!!!!! Joking, but as usual people are frustrated with everything they offer, last year it was a book that most people thought it was useless, now the vinyl. People complaining about this release should just remember what it was to receive Duals.... on CD !!!!!!!!!

I liked Duals ;)

Did you not have the option to choose the book? I think the reason for the vinyl was to mix things up a little. It's been books and CD's in the past few years. And many of us have enough guitar picks to last a lifetime!   :)  The VIP book is fantastic, but they're selling it at the shows, so it's not unique to members. I completely agree with what you're saying, but it's near impossible to please everyone and still offer up something unique and different and exclusive! I think most of us old-schoolers have compiled plenty of tangible clutter over the years and would rather have the aural excitement while kicking back and reading some good old sleeve liner notes!   :)

P.S.- You're an old schooler yourself! You need to go out and grab yourself a turntable and start collecting the albums... Listen like they were meant to be listened. You haven't heard No Line On The Horizon until you've listened to it on vinyl!!! :)   :)

I had vinyl from the late seventies to late eighties and never rated the sound quality, switched to CDs and downloads/ streaming :D

P.S.- You're an old schooler yourself! You need to go out and grab yourself a turntable and start collecting the albums... Listen like they were meant to be listened. You haven't heard No Line On The Horizon until you've listened to it on vinyl!!! :)   :)

I had vinyl from the late seventies to late eighties and never rated the sound quality, switched to CDs and downloads/ streaming :D

Sound quality is hard to rate... But I'm telling you... Especially with No Line- I'll listen to the vinyl all day over the CD. Something about it. It was made to be a long play, 70's style AOR album. If you ever get the opportunity, check it out. Some of the tracks on SOI stand out big on vinyl too!  :) I wish I had something I could trade for your vinyl copy, but sounds like you've been collecting as long as me, so you probably have everything I do!  

Re: Sound Quality

I'm an avid listener to viny records, but for the average person sound quality on CDs is almost always better unless that person has invested in a really good turntable and at least decent speakers/amp. Cheap turntables or a bad needle/stylus will produce bad sound, even on a really nice piece of vinyl.