Sign in to follow this  
CraigFairlie

GA for Glasgow!

Sorry, I'm going to be the idiot here - what is 'GA' - have seen it banded about a lot but I can only think of General Admission but no idea.. Thanks in advance.

you got it right.....

Thanks; just to clarify is that General Admission (i.e. standing).. I'm waiting on Dublin tickets but as you're going to Glasgow what are the prices like? I've seen a lot but in dollars and Euros mainly.. Although I guess Dublin will be in Euros too actually. 

Well played to the guys who managed to get tickets. How did you go about getting them ? did you go to Ticketmaster.co.uk directly or has the tours section on U2.com lit up for people to click which show they want ?

I'm tempted to try and get tickets for Berlin. Being in the city that U2 recorded Achtung Baby would be special, plus Flights to Berlin fly direct from Glasgow. I was in Berlin in 2013, I preferred my trip to Munich in 2014 but Id happily see U2 in Berlin !

Well played to the guys who managed to get tickets. How did you go about getting them ? did you go to Ticketmaster.co.uk directly or has the tours section on U2.com lit up for people to click which show they want ?

I'm tempted to try and get tickets for Berlin. Being in the city that U2 recorded Achtung Baby would be special, plus Flights to Berlin fly direct from Glasgow. I was in Berlin in 2013, I preferred my trip to Munich in 2014 but Id happily see U2 in Berlin !

Yes, after grabbing my code from my profile page I went to the tour page on U2.com and clicked the link through to Ticketmaster, and again to my chosen date etc.  I got 2 GA tickets for Glasgow after initially looking at seated tickets, but the options for that price category (£62) was on the 2nd (or is that 3rd) tier so decided on standing for the same price would be the better option for me.  V happy.... just the near year long wait now ;)

Happy Days man. Did you have any issues in securing tickets ? Read on another forum it was constantly Errors popping up. I'm kind of dreading tomorrow cause a tonne of people like myself who are New U2 subscribers will be attempting to get tickets

Happy Days man. Did you have any issues in securing tickets ? Read on another forum it was constantly Errors popping up. I'm kind of dreading tomorrow cause a tonne of people like myself who are New U2 subscribers will be attempting to get tickets

Not too bad but I'd advise not to mess about, and to move from page to next page asap because I made the error of loading up another tab to see what other seats I could get offered, and even though I was still safely within the countdown timer on the ticketmaster page somehow the tickets disappeared and I had to start from the beginning again!  In other words just because a page on Ticketmaster gives you say 5 minutes to complete that section, it does NOT mean you are guaranteed those tickets until that time runs out, so be as quick as possible!  Good luck :)

Managed to get GA tickets for both Glasgow nights! Over the moon! :) Can't believe how smoothly the whole process went, had first ticket at 10.03 and second at 10.06.

I was a bit torn whether to get two tickets for one show so I can take my husband or go to two on my own but after considering it about 10 seconds decided to ditch my hubby, ha.  :P Will try to get him a ticket on Monday though.

tickets sorted nice and easily in the GA for the Saturday night.

Third time I'll have travelled up to Glasgow to see the band in addition to the one in Edinburgh. Catching up to the number of times I've seen them in England!

Haha im in the same boat as you guys :) GA surprisingly went Really smooth. We all are very fast to complain when their service isn't good so well played Ticketmaster on this occasion. Buzzing doesn't come close to describing the feeling. Last night I struggled to get asleep. was like having an Exam in school. I kept waking up checking the time etc but in the end it worked out Well for us !

Whats your opinions on this Ticketfree stuff ? It is good people buying to resale are kinda screwed. So on the night will they scan our Credit Card or something ?  

Very very smooth process - took about 3 mins from start to finish - and got my 2 x GA for Saturday night.  Will try for Friday night in the general sale on Monday!

Regular Hydo gig goers..... is there a best tier/block to be seated in? how high is tier 300+ (at Leeds Arena or O2 it's not worth being up there!), got GA for Saturday in the presale, probably try for seats for the first night but depending on your responses may just go GA again. Thanks in advance.

Got my tickets GA for both shows,buzzing! I had a feeling i wouldn't be able to get GA as they'd all be gone as it's not the biggest capacity for standing compared to most big arenas.

The 2 tickets max a head has Really helped proper fans im amazed I got GA tbh. I'm not complaining. On Monday im gonna log on at 10am and see what's offered. Be interesting if I didn't opt into being a subscriber to see what crumbs will be left :P

am delighted to be joining you GA style for Glasgow. Friday & Saturday night in Glasgow, U2 as the house band. Oh Lord. :)

Fantastic BW

You'll agree that outside Dublin, Glasgow is like U2's second home when it comes to having the best fans and audience

Question for Hannele

How did you manage to get both nights on the one code

I wasn't given the choice to book for both nights

Big disapointment

Asterix - Originally I was worried whether the code was linked with the number of tickets or the transaction(s), because last time I used TM (was a while ago though, mind) you couldn't put separate gigs into your basket and pay for everything together, but I noticed that a few eXPERIENCE people had booked the two nights on two separate transactions. So that's what I did; entered TM through the u2.com/tour page, chose the first night, put in my selection + code and went through the paying process. Then I started again, through the tour page to TM, chose second night, put in the code etc. So I think booking two nights on one go was impossible but you could do it separately.

That's a shame though that it didn't work for you. Hopefully you'll find someone who could swap with you or could get GA for the other night on Monday. I think I read that Glasgow is one of the few locations that still has GA left for the public sale.

Got my 2 X GA no bother at all for Friday night and will grab another in the General for the Saturday night first thing tomorrow morning.

I really like The Hydro, it's a great venue, very easy to get to and gives great acoustics.

Now just a year to put in :D    

Booked 2 x GA tickets for the Friday night at Glasgow.  Worked out at £125 for 2 x tickets.  Not cheap, but a lot better than i was expecting.  I was expecting around the £90 mark, so i'm ok with this.  Mind you, i paid the $50 subscription fee just to give myself a chance.  Glad i did it.

Hotel booked at the Premier Inn.

All sorted.

Well i'm sitting here, shaking with excitement. A Dream is about to come true, i've booked a hotel in Glasgow for the weekend. I'm planning on doing the first night but my hotel is booked for the Friday and Saturday night. Got it for £173.

I've been a premium subscriber since June 2014, do i have to have been a member for longer to gain access to the presale? Also, is there a price for general admission standing yet? The only prices i'm seeing on Ticketmaster are Red, VIP & Hot ticket packages!

Is anyone able to provide more information?

I got my hotel....for two nights...in the Merchant City.....for only £98 ;)

If any of the people who got the 2 tickets for the Friday would concider swaping 1 for a Saturday ticket can you let me know before I try buy one during Mondays free for all

Thanks for the infI wasnt aeare that you could have done this

I mailed Tickermaster but they didnt reply so I didnt want to risk puting in my code and something going wrong

Will be having a long refreshment break about 8.55 tomorrow morning if anyone looking for me

Tried for GA for Glasgow on TM this morning at 09:01 came up unavailable. Surely couldn't have been many left from presales if any.

Lots of seating tickets at £180 though, surprise surprise !

just bought 2 GAs for glasgow for my boyfriend and i!

Had a huge panic moment - I had made sure that both of my debit cards were added to my account details well in advance, thinking I was being all smart and prepared.... only to find that when the time came to pay, none of my cards were showing up as options. "Hmm, okay," I thought to myself "I'll just add the details of my card in here"... pressed submit, and was told by Ticketmaster UK that they couldn't process my payment because "this card is registered to a user already". Well, duh!! It's MY card! I was logged in on my account, I only have the one account, so I don't understand what happened. The only possible answer I can think of is that mine is a Ticketmaster Ireland account. Ticketmaster Ireland shares details with Ticketmaster UK (unlike with Ticketmaster Netherlands, Spain, etc, where Ireland/UK users have to create new accounts), so normally I should be able to log in to the UK site no problem and use my Ireland account same as I can on the Ireland site, but maybe not?

My purchase timed out so I had to go back to the start of the queue, in the meantime I loaded up my account details in a separate tab and deleted the card I wanted to use from my account, then I went through the checkout again, put my card details in again, and this time it worked, since I wasn't using "another user's" card details, since the card was now deleted from my account.

I honestly thought my one shot at getting tickets had been blown, but the fact that I was still able to get the tickets I wanted the second time around hopefully bodes well for everyone else here, maybe it isn't that mad of a rush after all... the onsale must have been open for nearly 5 minutes by the time I had to go back and try again with my card details scrubbed from my account...

Tried for GA for Glasgow on TM this morning at 09:01 came up unavailable. Surely couldn't have been many left from presales if any.

Did you opt for seating in the end? If you still didn't get tickets, try again for GAs, see my post above^ if I was able to still get GAs after going back to the start of the queue, maybe you still can too? I heard during the presales that nobody could get tickets, they were sold out, and then somehow were available later on... if a lot of tickets are in baskets they are showing as sold, but they don't all get bought due to problems like the one I had. Try again if you didn't get anything yet! :)

Edited by Faye_Kelly

Did you opt for seating in the end? If you still didn't get tickets, try again for GAs, see my post above^ if I was able to still get GAs after going back to the start of the queue, maybe you still can too? I heard during the presales that nobody could get tickets, they were sold out, and then somehow were available later on... if a lot of tickets are in baskets they are showing as sold, but they don't all get bought due to problems like the one I had. Try again if you didn't get anything yet! :)

Yes it's worth it to keep trying, Red Zone was sold out on my work laptop using IE but when I want on to my private pc I on Google chrome was straight through and got 2 tickets first attempt! Can't believe Im in the Red Zone two night on the trot!  B)

Got a GA ticket for my husband for the second Glasgow night, just what I wanted. :) Again no issues whatsoever and was done by 9.01. Can't believe my luck.

Sign in to follow this