Sign in to follow this  
CraigFairlie

GA for Glasgow!

I got the remaining three GA tix, over the two nights that i needed in the general sale. It was UNBELIEVABLY easy for some reason. 9 on the dot....straight in and got 2 GA for the friday night. Went back in, tried a few times for 1 GA for the sat night....had no joy, so i tried the SSE HYDRO website, got the ticket i needed at 3rd attempt

Pre sale tickets me and my wife red zone . Friday 3 vip tickets for us plus my daughter this will be our holiday next year money well spent.

Hotel booked today also . Can't wait

Ticketmaster pulled a fast one. General sale was open at 08:57 to buy. I would say GA went within those early minutes.

I already had GA tickets for myself and my wife, I had presale having been a member for yonks.

My sister was really keen to go.

I waited till 9 o'clock rock this morning, despite the flak I knew I would get being late for work.

On I went 9 bells on the dot, target 2 tickets for GA, we we could be together.

Up they came at 9:02... No problem

Trouble is in my excitement to get it all done using my sis credit card, I made a few mistakes...AND THE SECONDS WERE TICKING DOWN.....ONLY SO LONG TO SECURE THEM......

whats your postcode im screaming upstairs.....eh?.....what.....B....or P....tick tick tick tock......

OK...I've got it......

Submit.......tic tock.....

There is a problem with your details.....tick tock, tick tock......

Ok Ok......shake, tremble....drop the iPad in a panic.....shake.....tick tock.....tick tock...

Oh, dear.....must be the address somewhere.....perhaps I've forgotten the county....tick tock.....6.....5...4......shake tremble

Sebmit, submit, press, press......ipad slips of the coffee table, tremble....panic...

TIME UP.....0:00

Too late!

You must resubmit...

Arghhhhh...

Right...I've lost them.....what?.....ive lost them I made a mistake and was timed out...

Back to the start.

Lo and behold......managed to get 2 GA again in my basket.

Wow......yeah, guess what....same thing happened....lost them again

Looking back this time with the cc number I think....had so many 2s and 0s in it, I messed up or the iPad didn't register a digit.

That's life. Too slow. Nervous and excited . iPad bad idea for this purpose and the morning late for work shakes didn't help either.

I make this rant, not to highlight the annoyance of Ticketmaster or the band.

I just find it rather sad people look to buy tickets in order to sell them on.

What a horrible low thing to do. Making money out of a great bands music and work. Shameful.

And ordinary fans and supporters of U2 are made to miss out and suffer because of these people.

Ticketmaster must go to great lengths to shield us from them I agree, but a few more minutes to book would be nice, for us older nervous types.

I effectively lost 4 tickets this morning due to a countdown marker, and a website unsuitable for iPad use.

That's showbusiness.

6th November 1984 Glasgow Barrowlands

29th July 1987 SEC Glasgow

18th June 1992 SEC Glasgow

7th August 1993 Celtic Football Park Glasgow

2nd September 1997 Edinburgh (boo) Murrayfield Stadium

27th August 2001 SEC Glasgow

21st June 2005 Glasgow Hampden Park

18th August 2009 Glasgow Hampden Park.

And hope it's not my last......November 6th 2015 Glasgow Hydro....see you there folks....

Edited by u2fns

I already had GA tickets for myself and my wife, I had presale having been a member for yonks.

My sister was really keen to go.

I waited till 9 o'clock rock this morning, despite the flak I knew I would get being late for work.

On I went 9 bells on the dot, target 2 tickets for GA, we we could be together.

Up they came at 9:02... No problem

Trouble is in my excitement to get it all done using my sis credit card, I made a few mistakes...AND THE SECONDS WERE TICKING DOWN.....ONLY SO LONG TO SECURE THEM......

whats your postcode im screaming upstairs.....eh?.....what.....B....or P....tick tick tick tock......

OK...I've got it......

Submit.......tic tock.....

There is a problem with your details.....tick tock, tick tock......

Ok Ok......shake, tremble....drop the iPad in a panic.....shake.....tick tock.....tick tock...

Oh, dear.....must be the address somewhere.....perhaps I've forgotten the county....tick tock.....6.....5...4......shake tremble

Sebmit, submit, press, press......ipad slips of the coffee table, tremble....panic...

TIME UP.....0:00

Too late!

You must resubmit...

Arghhhhh...

Right...I've lost them.....what?.....ive lost them I made a mistake and was timed out...

Back to the start.

Lo and behold......managed to get 2 GA again in my basket.

Wow......yeah, guess what....same thing happened....lost them again

Looking back this time with the cc number I think....had so many 2s and 0s in it, I messed up or the iPad didn't register a digit.

That's life. Too slow. Nervous and excited . iPad bad idea for this purpose and the morning late for work shakes didn't help either.

I make this rant, not to highlight the annoyance of Ticketmaster or the band.

I just find it rather sad people look to buy tickets in order to sell them on.

What a horrible low thing to do. Making money out of a great bands music and work. Shameful.

And ordinary fans and supporters of U2 are made to miss out and suffer because of these people.

Ticketmaster must go to great lengths to shield us from them I agree, but a few more minutes to book would be nice, for us older nervous types.

I effectively lost 4 tickets this morning due to a countdown marker, and a website unsuitable for iPad use.

That's showbusiness.

6th November 1984 Glasgow Barrowlands

29th July 1987 SEC Glasgow

18th June 1992 SEC Glasgow

7th August 1993 Celtic Football Park Glasgow

2nd September 1997 Edinburgh (boo) Murrayfield Stadium

27th August 2001 SEC Glasgow

21st June 2005 Glasgow Hampden Park

18th August 2009 Glasgow Hampden Park.

And hope it's not my last......November 6th 2015 Glasgow Hydro....see you there folks....

I was thinking this too, the selling system does't really cater to a very wide demographic. My boyfriend is very anxious and doesn't work well under pressure, and he's also dyslexic. I don't know if the system would very well for him if he was the one buying tickets. I get that it's difficult for Ticketmaster to calculate the right length of time, balancing it between giving people adequate time to put in their details while still making it fair for other people in the queue (eg. if it were too long there'd be loads of people with their browsers open for ages and it would be even harder to tell if there were tickets as any tickets in a basket are temporarily marked as sold and thus invisible to those searching)... but a bit more time wouldn't hurt. It's recommended to register your credit card with Ticketmaster well in advance of the sales, in order to speed up the process... I did this and it nearly lost me my tickets, as I mentioned in my post above. It wouldn't let me use my registered card, but wouldn't let me put the details in manually, since the system knew the card was registered... had to delete the registered card from my account, go to the start of the queue, and put my card details in manually.

Edited by Faye_Kelly

YAY !!!! Got Red Zone tickets for Glasgow-Saturday. Have been hardcore GA queuer for 20 plus years and always been lucky enough to be in the pit on the rail in touching distance. However having just had major surgery for cancer, I will have just finished chemotherapy next year when they tour and unsure how well I will be so decided to sod the £££ and go for Red Zone. Hope it doesn't disappoint.

Anyone any experience of Red Zone ? Does it match up to the Pit ??

Roll on November 2015

got the confirmation email straight away on monday morning of the general sale but nothings gone off me cc at the mo anyone in the same boat?

Same here so wouldn't worry. I have confirmation email from TM and order details/ref but no money has come off cc yet. Think I have read a few like this so maybe early days for the. Only ?

I paid for my tickets on the Friday and funds only fully came out of my account on the Monday. If you've got your confirmation E-Mail you'll be grand !

I like how U2 do keep coming back to Glasgow though. Wonder why they decided to hit Edinburgh for the pop album though ?

I love how people forget U2 were the ones who wrote the book on stadium concerts !

Sign in to follow this