Sign in to follow this  
irishmonk

Where are our pre-sale codes? (MERGED)

Thats right.

I always bought the max in resale and then extra in general sale.

Last tour I bought 4 pre sale and 4 general sale.

Yes it had always been 4 tickets per subscriber in the pre-sale, but that's now changed to 2 tickets. Perhaps they have either had more subscribers join since, or they just want more people to be able to attend. 2 is better than nothing though, they could always do away with the presale all together. ;)

Just read through all 12 pages of comments, wow some very upset people here and some lacking patience who could never be Jedi's. But I will agree with some, in the past the tour annoucement and then presales have been over the course of a week at least, meaning fans had several days to plan and be ready. Now, everything appears rushed, with the tour being announce this morning, and tickets up for pre-sale the following day with people waiting for codes, etc. I too thought maybe the tour would be announced after the first of the year because of Bono's surgey, but that when it was announced, more time would have been given to flesh out the questions from fans on how the pre-sale would work. Sadly there are probably a number of subscribers who have no idea presales begin tomorrow. Also as one person pointed out, long term members have been able to purchase tickets before anyone else, based on thier tier-system of purchasing but now a 20 year long member has the same chance of getting tickets compared to someone who subscribed a few months ago.

I am expecting this rush is due to see if they can announce more shows if tomorrow sales will run fast (as i suppose)

Still no code either, hopefully it will be here in the morning.

Such a shame only 2 tickets, this will be the first time that my kids are old enough to come with us.

20 years married next June was hoping to go for one round that date but now only 2 tickets will have to use pre sale for London and try and get 2 more when they go on general sale.

Exciting thought to think about seeing them again, 360 tour Dublin was amazing but so long ago.

But why should a 20 year long fan have more rights to see his favourite band than some young kid that just discovered them?

I rejoined 3 months ago and I my code will be useless. At the same time there will be a bundle sale. Anyone want to buy my U2 book for 50 bucks?

But why should a 20 year long fan have more rights to see his favourite band than some young kid that just discovered them?

It's not about "rights" when it comes down to it. Those who have been subscribing to the fan club for 20 years or longer aren't saying no one else should go, everyone has the ability to purchase tickets when they go on sale, but longer term fan club members have always been able to get choice tickets early. The last three tours have been like that to my knowledge where there have been three presale groups, one for the longest running members, the seond for the next longest running members, and the third group for the newer members. That is just for "pre sales", the general public such as the "young kid that just discovered them" as you stated can buy when the general public on sale takes place, or they too can join the fan club.

Hey eveyone!!

First of all I'd like do say that my english is not very good...so be kind with me please!! :D I'm sure I'm not the only one in this situation, but I've just subscribe today for the paid membership. I've got my invoice, but never got my email statut verification so I can't sign-up as it keep telling me that my email is not confirmed... Is there anyone in this situation? 

...and yeah, I've looked at my junk mail :)

Thanks in advance!!

its two ticket per show up to 2 shows fromwhat i read

I believe it's "2 tickets" total per membership presale code, meaning you can buy 2 tickets for one show, or you can buy 1 ticket for one show and 1 ticket for another show. When the general public on sale starts, its a total of 4 tickets on the first day, 8 tickets after that but more than likely the shows will sell out in day or less anyways.

I suspect they are waiting until the last minute to send presale codes to avoid the possibility of fake "fans" selling their codes on ebay like last time and also to make it harder for scalpers to get all the tickets before the fans can get them.

I have never known it any different for any band/tour. You can buy as many tickets as you wish in the general sale to the allocation of that vendor. 

So I would imagine worst case scenario is if you buy two in the pre-sale through "vendor a" then two more from "vendor a" in the general sale and that is the maximum allowed from that vendors you could then go to "vendor b" and buy that maximum allowed from that one.

Obviously this is how touts get so many but also fans who want to go to multiple gigs or have large families.

I have to say it's a shambles , best band or not ,you have have 5 years to plan this and it's just crap , very poor and a big let down again to fans who have stuck with you ... Shame

There's a lot of people from early days. If everyone wants tickets to multiple shows AND bring their friends & kids, there won't be much left to go on general sale. New fans that just discovered them should get the chance to go see them too. So take the 2 presale tickets you're offered and try your luck at regular sale, like everyone else. Seems fair enough to me (and yes, I go back to Propaganda days too)

I personally was never interested in shows outside of my general area but I would agree with you, there are probably some who feel they should get four tickets per show for multiple shows. I have always been happy with the four tickets total so that I could go with friends, etc, but I am not complaining about the two ticket limit, however you seem to think that no one else has a chance to go when they do. Everyone has an equal chance to get tickets when they go on sale to the public, but at the same time, it's always best to simply wait it out, and sometimes its best to buy tickets right before the show. Sure, some scalpers still are of the mindset that the longer they hold on to tickets, the more they are worth, and that's not true, in fact it hasn't been like that in several years. A few days before the concert there are always people reselling thier tickets because they can't go, or they never intended too, so then that gives everyone a chance to pick up tickets who do want to go, and in many cases less than original price. For the Vertigo tour here in Seattle, the day of the show, there were people selling $100+ tickets for $25 due to various reasons. So in the end, the fans win out big time that way, with Craigslist, eBay, etc there will be plenty of tickets for people of all ages to go to, so if they don't get tickets at first, just to have patience and wait it out as there will be plenty buy from people who cant attend, except with the new policy, that may affect that too since credit card purchasers have to attend now regardless. But I see your points, hopefully you see mine.

I don't understand why people are so worked up over this....

It's a fan pre sale your guaranteed two tickets to pretty much any show? I know we pay for it but if you ever think their going to allow 6-8 tickets spread over multiple venues of your choice you must be mad.

The venues are smaller (like everybody wanted) and therefore there are less tickets so the allocation is smaller for the pre sale.

I suspect they are waiting until the last minute to send presale codes to avoid the possibility of fake "fans" selling their codes on ebay like last time and also to make it harder for scalpers to get all the tickets before the fans can get them.

Well there are ways to scalp the scalper.....a "code" isn't a tangible item and a little research would reveal how a person could scalp the scalper at their own game.

This might have already been asked...but here goes...  Can we purchase 1 ticket for one date and 1 for another - either same city or different?  It seems as though this was possible in the past - I recall trying to figure out if I should use my last code or wait and see if more shows would be added. 

someone already tryed but I woul ban the buyer not the seller. With such ridiculous prices you can buy tons of regular codes letting the entire family to subscribe

Let me sum it up for everyone...

U2 is older than ever.  They're used to a certain lifestyle and probably don't have the energy to run around America/the world doing 4 shows a week for most of 2015.  With one 360 Tour show in a stadium, they could make the same or more money as with THREE arena shows, and spend much less effort.  This is one reason why you're seeing only 2 tix allowed for pre-sale as opposed to 4.  

Also we shouldn't complain about this tour announcement being so "last minute."  That benefits real fans like us who pay attention and are up on news.  I'd love to say that our passion would beat scalpers to tickets, but scalpers are sharks who can smell blood from miles away.  This is their livelihood and they know how to get tickets better than we do. I know a ticket broker who is a member of every single fan club for every single band so that he can get the best face value tickets and then sell for more.  This is what they do and unfortunately is something we need to work around.

For all of us that don't have pre-sale codes yet...I have little doubt they're coming or did you ever consider that once you log on to U2.com tomorrow with your user name/password that you might get a direct link to tickets?  Regardless I've been getting tickets from back in the mail order/Propaganda days and not worried about getting them now.  I'm only worried about how I'm going to afford all the shows I want...

And speaking of getting tickets...For those of you that don't know when a concert is listed as "SOLD OUT" it rarely is.  All that means is that the portion of tickets the promoters were releasing to the public have been sold. There are always tickets unsold that are for "VIPs" that usually get released later.  Unfortunately sometimes they are released to radio stations and brokers, but if you're savvy and on the ball you can score tickets right before the show for face value.

For example...Went to see Depeche Mode at MSG a few years ago.  When I say it was SOLD OUT...It was "SOLD OUT."  The scalpers outside didn't even have tickets.  I checked with the box office for 2 tickets and...ZERO.  Nothing. My friend and I were planning on calling it a night when I said...Let me try one more time.  It was 845pm and Depeche was going on at 9pm.  I walk up to the box office and sheepishly ask, "Any chance you have any seats anywhere left."  His reply, "Sure do.  How about 12th row?"

My point is...The system sucks, but if you stay on the ball you will get as many tickets as you want.  

I don't understand why people are so worked up over this....

It's a fan pre sale your guaranteed two tickets to pretty much any show? I know we pay for it but if you ever think their going to allow 6-8 tickets spread over multiple venues of your choice you must be mad.

The venues are smaller (like everybody wanted) and therefore there are less tickets so the allocation is smaller for the pre sale.

Absolustely in agreement with you. Getting two tickets in a presale is better than none at all. Perhaps some got comfortable getting four tickets in the past, but it's always been a perk that could easily be taken away if abused, so two in my opinion is better than zero.

There's a lot of people from early days. If everyone wants tickets to multiple shows AND bring their friends & kids, there won't be much left to go on general sale. New fans that just discovered them should get the chance to go see them too. So take the 2 presale tickets you're offered and try your luck at regular sale, like everyone else. Seems fair enough to me (and yes, I go back to Propaganda days too)

I personally was never interested in shows outside of my general area but I would agree with you, there are probably some who feel they should get four tickets per show for multiple shows. I have always been happy with the four tickets total so that I could go with friends, etc, but I am not complaining about the two ticket limit, however you seem to think that no one else has a chance to go when they do. Everyone has an equal chance to get tickets when they go on sale to the public, but at the same time, it's always best to simply wait it out, and sometimes its best to buy tickets right before the show. Sure, some scalpers still are of the mindset that the longer they hold on to tickets, the more they are worth, and that's not true, in fact it hasn't been like that in several years. A few days before the concert there are always people reselling thier tickets because they can't go, or they never intended too, so then that gives everyone a chance to pick up tickets who do want to go, and in many cases less than original price. For the Vertigo tour here in Seattle, the day of the show, there were people selling $100+ tickets for $25 due to various reasons. So in the end, the fans win out big time that way, with Craigslist, eBay, etc there will be plenty of tickets for people of all ages to go to, so if they don't get tickets at first, just to have patience and wait it out as there will be plenty buy from people who cant attend, except with the new policy, that may affect that too since credit card purchasers have to attend now regardless. But I see your points, hopefully you see mine.

Why do you guys need to see the same show over and over again in a short period of time?  Are you all so rich that you can afford it, and the time to take off work?  I think the policy is this way to give everyone a fair chance to see a U2 show.

This might have already been asked...but here goes...  Can we purchase 1 ticket for one date and 1 for another - either same city or different?  It seems as though this was possible in the past - I recall trying to figure out if I should use my last code or wait and see if more shows would be added. 

Fairly certain you can buy 1 for one date and 1 for another....that's how I read it

I kind of agree about the 'not being able to prepare'  I'm going to make it work regardless but it would have been nice to have a couple of days notice on the pre-sale.  Still kind of in shock but giddy as all hell

I believe it's "2 tickets" total per membership presale code, meaning you can buy 2 tickets for one show, or you can buy 1 ticket for one show and 1 ticket for another show. When the general public on sale starts, its a total of 4 tickets on the first day, 8 tickets after that but more than likely the shows will sell out in day or less anyways.

not from what i had read and even is listed on the q&A here and as well on ticketmaster .com, two per show up to two shows

I rejoined 3 months ago and I my code will be useless. At the same time there will be a bundle sale. Anyone want to buy my U2 book for 50 bucks?

your code will be valid, not useless

not from what i had read and even is listed on the q&A here and as well on ticketmaster .com, two per show up to two shows

I must be reading it different cause I see it as one show two ticket max...or one ticket....two shows

Sign in to follow this