Sign in to follow this  
irishmonk

Where are our pre-sale codes? (MERGED)

so i just saw this... on tours page all european cities say presale where it had said sigup or sign in...

if you click on the presale it brings you to a page that says this..

U2 Fan Club Presale 25 - 26, 29 - 30 Oct, 2 - 3 Nov
Description

Buy U2 tickets in the Fan Club Presale.

This is a ticketless entry event for Standing Floor tickets. Standing Floor tickets will be not mailed out, or made available for box office collection for this event.

The ticket purchaser must be present at the time of entry, and must attend the event. To enter the arena you will need to proceed directly to the Entrance F and present the credit card you used to purchase tickets along with matching valid photo ID.

Please also have your order confirmation email. You will need to be accompanied by all your guests as you will enter the arena immediately thereafter, and there is no re-admittance. You do not need to go to the box office, simply head straight to Entrance F as detailed on your order confirmation.

This transaction is not refundable or transferable. Purchase of a ticket is regarded as acceptance of these terms of entry. All purchases are also subject to the standard terms and conditions of The O2 as detailed on our website.

so whats it all mean guys? :_)

And where should one hope to find their individual code once they do come out?

Edited by bedoe69

Kind of miss the old days of lining up at Ticketron, getting wristbands and just waiting in line!! I get that everyone's intention is to try to keep the scalpers from grabbing up tickets, get them in the fan's hands. But this is nerve wracking!!!

Completely agree with you!

Edited by Theresa A.

Many of the EU dates on the Tour page now show "Presale" instead of "Sign Up/Sign In".

My read is that the only paperless tickets will be the GA. This is now pretty standard practice here in Toronto for the big venues. It takes just seconds to swipe the card and it goes a long way towards combating scalpers.

This is has gotten ludicrous.  We get a teasing email and 13-14 hours later I am still waiting for my code.  I was a Propoganda member which means nothing anymore.  I hope they do something to make up for this.  Why should I keep paying to be treated such?  The moderators were great with me last tour.  They were very understanding but whomever is responsible for this presale needs to get to get on the ball.  There is misinformation on this website.  It says look under account and nothing shows.  Someone dropped the ball or is being very stupid in how they are working this presale.  24 hours advance notice three weeks before Christmas.  This is ludicrous.

Well..... 6.00 AM and Nothing yet in my mailbox.

I'm not sure, but how do I see the difference between the shows in advance?

First show is eXPERIENCE and second iNNOCENCE?

Many of the EU dates on the Tour page now show "Presale" instead of "Sign Up/Sign In".

yes and if you click on the london dates it says what i just posted above.. so are presales for ga standing

but if you click on the glasgow dates it shows something else?

My read is that the only paperless tickets will be the GA. This is now pretty standard practice here in Toronto for the big venues. It takes just seconds to swipe the card and it goes a long way towards combating scalpers.

im waiting on toronto tickets as well peter

This seems like a joke again, a bad one.

I don't get why any band anywhere would want this credit card only entry.  I mean can you image you can't go to the show and you are screwed?  You loose your CC, you are hosed?  I mean what kind of big brother crap is this if you can't buy a ticket from someone?  I mean really?  Someone doesn't get tickets during a public sale and you are out of luck?  how is this possible?  I am seeing all kinda of posts on credit card only.  how does that make ANY FREAKING SENSE?

I don't think it's the band, I think its Ticketmaster. My friend had tickets to the Black Keys last month, but he had to go out of town, therefore he could not sell his tickets, could not give the tickets away, and could not get a refund. If Ticketmaster wants to pull this on people, they should at the very least let people get a refund on the tickets and let them go back into the pool of tickets making them available to another fan. They could easily have the customer read back a code, which Ticketmaster could then deactivate the ticket(s) so they can't be used, and issue a refund back to the buyer, and then issue new tickets via their site. Perhaps if Ticketmaster was to do this, maybe requiring people to contact them up to 3 days before the show (which gives Ticketmaster time to resell them), it would work smoothly but if something comes up and a person can't go, and aren't allowed to sell or give away the tickets, how they consider that fair is beyond me.

Ticketmaster does make it possible to transfer your ticket to someone else.  I'm not sure of the rules but I know they do this.  They are doing this to stop scalpers.  Ticketmaster may be a bit of a monopoly but they are one of the leaders in stopping scalping.  It is why they are doing it this way.

I don't get why any band anywhere would want this credit card only entry.  I mean can you image you can't go to the show and you are screwed?  You loose your CC, you are hosed?  I mean what kind of big brother crap is this if you can't buy a ticket from someone?  I mean really?  Someone doesn't get tickets during a public sale and you are out of luck?  how is this possible?  I am seeing all kinda of posts on credit card only.  how does that make ANY FREAKING SENSE?

I don't think it's the band, I think its Ticketmaster. My friend had tickets to the Black Keys last month, but he had to go out of town, therefore he could not sell his tickets, could not give the tickets away, and could not get a refund. If Ticketmaster wants to pull this on people, they should at the very least let people get a refund on the tickets and let them go back into the pool of tickets making them available to another fan. They could easily have the customer read back a code, which Ticketmaster could then deactivate the ticket(s) so they can't be used, and issue a refund back to the buyer, and then issue new tickets via their site. Perhaps if Ticketmaster was to do this, maybe requiring people to contact them up to 3 days before the show (which gives Ticketmaster time to resell them), it would work smoothly but if something comes up and a person can't go, and aren't allowed to sell or give away the tickets, how they consider that fair is beyond me.

Ticketmaster does make it possible to transfer your ticket to someone else.  I'm not sure of the rules but I know they do this.  They are doing this to stop scalpers.  Ticketmaster may be a bit of a monopoly but they are one of the leaders in stopping scalping.  It is why they are doing it this way.

For this tour, I believe the tickets are NON TRANSFERABLE.  They're probably doing it to deter scalping.

Each act decides ticketing policy. TM makes tools available and the act decides what they want to use. In the case of paperless tickets, U2 would decide if they want to use paperless, for what areas, and whether transfers are allowed.

i hope they have it tightened up against scalpers. ive been to all tours since war other than pop and i dont wanna miss this one. i did go both nights in toronto last time on 360 and also at the one a year later in toronto. the rest of the tours were in ireland but i live in canada now so toronto it is to be... sucks that i cant go to both on this without going into general sales on monday.. fingers crossed for tomorrow peeps.. best of luck.. im going to have to wait till friday i think because i let my subscription lapse for a year.. this was all very sudden and only signed up again yesterday...

I feel your pain, all of you who have been long-time members and for whatever reason had a brief lapse in subscription and now have to start over. Me, too. What surprises me is there's so much technology being used here, but there is no notification when your membership is about to expire. Is that what others have experienced, too? I would never have let my subscription lapse had I known. So I think I was a "free member" for only a few days before I realized it, quickly resubscribed and assume I'm now in the Innocence group as a start-over. :( Good luck to all during the presale! See you out there!

I'm a long time fan and fanclub member and I won't be able to get tickets during this presale, code or no code for the simple fact that it is 3 weeks till Christmas and I don't have $600 plus lying around to spend on tickets for a show in July, (NYC).  I have 3 kids and I'm budgeted to the max at this time of year.  Didn't think they were going to announce a tour with all the delays they've been doing until next year, especially after Bono got hurt.  So I will still go next year but I'll have to find tickets in the after market or hopefully a friend will get tickets and ask me to go.  So NO Code email yet but it doesn't matter and unbelievably it will be the first time I can't use it.   I wish they were doing a show in Philly or NJ too.  I usually go to two nights in a row anyway and I definately want to now after the Edge said each back to back night will be very different sets.  I'll work it out next year and find tickets some how.  Maybe I'll hit the lottery and have some cash to get tickets.  I could then help out family members and my favorite charities.  Good luck tomorrow everybody.

I know it's a completely different sort of event but the principle is the same. I recently had a pre sale for england v Australia cricket tickets in England, over 250,000 tickets. the pre sale code was emailed out literally 5 minutes before the pre sale started , this was a way of stopping touts utilising them.

I know it's a completely different sort of event but the principle is the same. I recently had a pre sale for england v Australia cricket tickets in England, over 250,000 tickets. the pre sale code was emailed out literally 5 minutes before the pre sale started , this was a way of stopping touts utilising them.

I hope this time will happen same way. However, level of frustration raises very fast when the messages published on official pages do not state the same, but only info we get codes and also can see them.

Just 3h20mins to pre-sales in Europe, left...

I am starting to  be very nervous...

I'm a long time fan and fanclub member and I won't be able to get tickets during this presale, code or no code for the simple fact that it is 3 weeks till Christmas and I don't have $600 plus lying around to spend on tickets for a show in July, (NYC).  I have 3 kids and I'm budgeted to the max at this time of year.  Didn't think they were going to announce a tour with all the delays they've been doing until next year, especially after Bono got hurt.  So I will still go next year but I'll have to find tickets in the after market or hopefully a friend will get tickets and ask me to go.  So NO Code email yet but it doesn't matter and unbelievably it will be the first time I can't use it.   I wish they were doing a show in Philly or NJ too.  I usually go to two nights in a row anyway and I definately want to now after the Edge said each back to back night will be very different sets.  I'll work it out next year and find tickets some how.  Maybe I'll hit the lottery and have some cash to get tickets.  I could then help out family members and my favorite charities.  Good luck tomorrow everybody.

For what I could find the $300 tickets might be for seats. GA tickets I think are around $50 at most venues. Kind like they did with past tours.

The information is very spotty. While I was pretty surprise and happy to hear about the tour, I think U2/management could have done a better job announcing the tour, prices and info and give at least one week before the pre-sale to give people time to plan for it. Either way, I am there tomorrow ready to buy once the code is release.

I have been a member since they started U2.com membership. Not sure how long that has been. 

I totally agree.  To have basically less than a day to get ready for this, plus the incomplete info, is really aggravating.  C'mon, man.

I'm starteing to doubt myself.... But my membership does expire in march 15 so that should not be a problem.... Mailbox checked. I guess I'm ready....

Ready ( the netherlands ) but no code yet..does anybody knows if a cc is needed to purchase tickets in the netherlands or not??

Sign in to follow this