Sign in to follow this  
irishmonk

Where are our pre-sale codes? (MERGED)

@u2community just tweeted that it may be some hours before codes are issued, so looks like I am not going to have a very good night's sleep worrying about whether mine will arrive in my inbox safely. I think they may have forgotten that although the US is still wide awake and has a few hours of Wednesday left, it's getting close to bedtime here in Europe....

Early rise for me then!

I woke up twice last night in a panic about the tour announcement and checked twitter for any news, I suspect I will wake several times tonight and check my email and u2.com account lol!

'different shows' ... I wonder what that means ....

No codes yet here in Chicago ... Kinda par for the course when you think about it.

Getting tickets for U2 shows is always a scramble.

Ok I have no presale codes, the presale takes place during my office hours while I'm seeing scheduled patients. You know what, I think I'm getting too old for this bullshit!

Ahhh why only a days notice until they go on sale. Its already stressful enough waaa! lol

I do not see my Pre-sale group code on my Account Page.  FAQs page said it would be there.  Can anyone else see it on their Account Page?

10 hrs to go and no codes!!!!!  :(  :(  :(  :(  :(  :(

$632 for two tickets, with one days notice.... ouch.  I look at is a once every 4 or 5 year expense so that's how I justify it, but man it does sting the wallet...

That means 1 electric show and 1 acoustic show 

$632 for two tickets, with one days notice.... ouch.  I look at is a once every 4 or 5 year expense so that's how I justify it, but man it does sting the wallet...

Are these prices confirmed? I have not seem any info about prices.

If this is true, talk about rip off. 

No codes yet.

This is true ?

Please adhere to published ticket limits. Persons who exceed the ticket limit may have any or all of their orders and tickets cancelled without notice by Ticketmaster in its discretion. This includes orders associated with the same name, e-mail address, billing address, credit card number or other information.

So when you buy 2 tickets in pre-sale and later for instance 4 tickets in the public sale monday and you'll use the same adress/CC all your tickets will be canceled without notice ?  

Hope this is not true !

Where did you get this information from?

It looks like I've missed it somewhere ...

This presale has all the designs of a very clever, well thought out military maneuver to eliminate scalpers while also limiting people to seeing a single show compared to past tours where people would attend mulitple shows.

1)  Announce the tour right at the height of Christmas Shopping season when people are least expecting it. -  Peoples budgets are tight.  With Bono's injury, nobody will expect a tour announcment because they all think the tour is delayed now.

2)  Have the presale begin 24 hours after the initial announcement.  - Make people scramble to find a way to get money together, get credit line extensions as well getting to a terminal in the middle of the work day.  Some might be able to but most likely most won't be able to.

3)  Make the tickets outrageously expensive. - A $300 price point for an arena show is pricey.  A $600 night will make one think twice before attending a second show.  That means two open seats for another show that otherwise would have been bought by the same person had the show been priced at $150 a ticket.

4)  PAPERLESS TICKETS - The only way into the building is to swipe the card you used to buy your tickets at the door.  Then add a caveat that everybody in your group has to enter at the same time.  While this does remove part of the scalper, Stub Hub element, it also shuts down any fan ticket trading networks that have existed on past tours.

Guess we'll all find out tomorrow if this is a gamble that pays off or the Vertigo presale debacle all over again.

Well...it looks like U2 wants to rule the world again (after free of charge last album release).

However, this time they do it completely wrong way.

Just easy examples of potential problems after we buy tickets only refering to point 4...

1. card used for purchase of tickets is gonna expire in next few months...what to do in such case, when you get a new one with different number ?

2. Lost/stolen wallet with card inside...The first action you realize the fact is calling bank hotline and cancelling all cards you had...

Maybe they have considered some vary comments of disappointed people who missed the gigs because of multiply attendees on several shows or maybe they just want to make scalpers live harder, but fact is they do our live harder instead.

Just last comment  what if I have wife and daughter who wants desperately to see U2 live and we don't want to go for GA , but numered seats instead ? Even if I decide for 2nd subscription bought now to get another pre-sale code I may not have guaranteed 3 seats together when I try to buy tickets in parallel on 2 computers as other fans may grab places quickly around me...

This  ticket sale strategy is very , very bad planned.

an entire acoustic show ??

I like the ticket plan. Keeps scalpers out. The fan club has usually been 2 tix per sub. Or two per show with a max of four. So people complaining need to check it at the door. There is no family plan for ya!

an entire acoustic show ??

That is BS. Pure speculation by poster.

I like the ticket plan. Keeps scalpers out. The fan club has usually been 2 tix per sub. Or two per show with a max of four. So people complaining need to check it at the door. There is no family plan for ya!

Plus it means more people get a fair shot at getting tickets, rather than having the tickets they wanted eaten up by someone else who already had tickets to another show!

And you cant even go to consecutive european shows as a pair......................

Great system.

Edited by CDavenport

The worst part is that there is a 2 ticket limit but two DIFFERENT shows in each city. And then we don't have any information on what will be in both shows so that we can make the decision.

So, now, because with this being crappy timing financially and allowing less than 24 hours to get money together (have to deposit into account linked to credit card which takes processing time), I have to buy tickets with a friend's card, and that friend now has to come WITH me. Which means I cannot buy one ticket for each show. I am now restricted to choosing which one. AND I KNOW NOTHING ABOUT the content of the shows to help me make this decision.

You could just borrow your friend's card for the show to get in..? Just a thought.. 

Surely the 2 ticket limit is presale - if we want more after then why can't we buy in the general sale - because i will be trying for more on Monday for friends who will be at work and I won't be! 

The worst part is that there is a 2 ticket limit but two DIFFERENT shows in each city. And then we don't have any information on what will be in both shows so that we can make the decision.

So, now, because with this being crappy timing financially and allowing less than 24 hours to get money together (have to deposit into account linked to credit card which takes processing time), I have to buy tickets with a friend's card, and that friend now has to come WITH me. Which means I cannot buy one ticket for each show. I am now restricted to choosing which one. AND I KNOW NOTHING ABOUT the content of the shows to help me make this decision.

You could just borrow your friend's card for the show to get in..? Just a thought.. 

No. Because they check IDs at the gate. Your photo ID has to match the name on the card. Not going to work for me, a white woman, using her friend's card when he's a black man. LOL

Surely the 2 ticket limit is presale - if we want more after then why can't we buy in the general sale - because i will be trying for more on Monday for friends who will be at work and I won't be! 

The limit for presale is 2, the limit for the general sale is 4. But if you try and buy a set in the presale and another set in the general sale with the same credit card, they cancel all your tickets without notice.

I wish they had elaborated on the "two shows" thing. Was never a fan of this idea.

I kind of guess the first night is the Innocence night and second experience...their titles suggest the first is likely to be acoustic/older stuff and Experience maybe implies the usual more modern upbeat setlist.

Or are they releasing SOE prior to the tour and each night will revolve around the respective album  :wacko:

If I were going to 1 show and preferred the acoustic SOI performances the most, I'd gamble on the first nights being largely acoustic with more earlier material (even though it could be nothing of the kind).  From what Adam said about acoustic/electric and the idea of playing with the idea of innocence vs. experience, innocence=acoustic?=Boy?,... kinda fits and being the first night is an even wilder guess.

I've never heard of security checking addresses at the venues.  It wouldn't make much sense either since you wouldn't be able to move to a new residence and/or have to update Ticketmaster every time you did.

Sign in to follow this