Sign in to follow this  
irishmonk

Where are our pre-sale codes? (MERGED)

Surely the 2 ticket limit is presale - if we want more after then why can't we buy in the general sale - because i will be trying for more on Monday for friends who will be at work and I won't be!

The limit for presale is 2, the limit for the general sale is 4. But if you try and buy a set in the presale and another set in the general sale with the same credit card, they cancel all your tickets without notice.

I get trying to stop the scalpers and stuff but if a group of four wants to go.....

Agreed. Group of 4 of us that always go ... Now we will have to sit separate and 2 of us will have sucky seats :(

For those wondering how you find out how long you have been a member, you have to go to your profile within the Community, not the account profile.

It should say there how long you have been a member since.

WHERE is my email with my presale code? anyone have any other updates, anyone receive theirs yet????

Waiting for a presale code for Glasgow? Has anyone had one yet? Am I worrying for nothing? Someone tell me!

Bono's hair is Grey

He dyes it

No more grey for men

same as us

p3adamclaytonDM_228x290.jpg

haha Adam has been grey since birth ! He stopped caring after All That You Cant Leave behind. Its weird seeing his hair done for the new tour !

The interesting fact is that U2 are going to be doing Stadium Gigs in 2016. This is like Studios spreading Films over 2 parts instead of one.

For those wondering how you find out how long you have been a member, you have to go to your profile within the Community, not the account profile.

It should say there how long you have been a member since.

True, but that is not your paid membership I guess ?

Our 'EXPERIENCE' group of longtime subscribers (those who were current, paid-up subscribers on 09/09/2014) have access from the first day of the pre-sale. Your unique pre-sale access code will have a prefix of U215A...

Nice to see U2 taking care of their "Longtime" fans........Their definition of "longtime (3 months) and mine (10 years) are a bit off...............

10 years at 50 dollars a year ads up and what do you get?   I just want tickets, not cds or books

Any Irish members wondering if the same dates for an "experience" membership will be used when the Dublin dates are announced......Or will all the new subscribers have the same rights? Hard to know whether to try and use the code for London or hope we don't lose our privleges by waiting for Dublin! What to do?

I'm just gonna go for London and then when Dublin is announced just gonna hope for the best in the general sale. If London is getting 4 gigs, so should Dublin. 3Arena I reckon. 

From U2.com tours FAQ:

Q - If I don't use my presale ticketing access code in presales for shows announced on December 3rd, will the code still be valid for use if/when other 2015 dates are announced - such as the Dublin shows, details of which are still to be revealed ?

A - Yes. Your un-used presale ticketing access code will be valid to use in further shows announced for 2015.

PHEW! I can relax until the Dublin dates are announced!

Here is a detailed seating chart for the San Jose, CA (US) show including section by section ticket prices.  Should be a good guide for pricing at other venues as well......

U2-Seating-Chart.jpg

Well I find it disgusting that they are not doing any southern dates. To me they sold out to the sponsors specifically Bank of America. Also find it troubling that they are only allowing 2 tickets instead of the traditional 4 like for ATYCLB and Vertigo. Due to the fact that I live in FL; I'm probably not going to attend a show. I could do a NYC show and stay with friends but the more I thought about the two Airline tickets I'd have to purchase at around $600 I decided probably not. I'll just end up giving my code to a friend that lives close to Phoneix and she can go enjoy the boys. Here's hoping the rumors about 2016 are true about the stadium tour. Feel Jaded having been a member since 2000.   <_< . 

Almost OT but didn't know where to post (one more thread is useless)

From the FAQ

Q - When is the latest I can join U2.com to be involved in the Internet ticket pre-sale?

A - Anyone who is a current Subscriber to U2.com can participate when ticket pre-sales take place but those who have been Subscribers longest get the earliest opportunity to enter the pre-sale. 'Innocence Subscribers' have access starting on the morning of Day 1 of the pre-sale, 'Experience Subscribers' have access from the morning of Day 2 of the pre-sale. The pre-sale for each concert closes at Noon / Midday on Day 3. The public ticket sale will start after Day 3 of the pre-sale. The exact times for access are made available on the tour page of U2.com. 

It's the other way round, someone should correct

I noticed this earlier - Had to go back and forth reading twice - Someone absolutely needs to correct!

I caught that as well but I am sure Bigwave and Bajagirl are on it, they are probably swamped right now too. This site needs a few more Community Managers to lighten their work load....I'd volunteer if they needed more fans to help out with the site.

Missing them at Madison Square Garden by a week! poor holiday planning - I'll be in Ohio, before hitting NYC - staying in the bloody New Yorker hotel too, across the feckin road from from MSG! :rolleyes:  ;)

Ah well, nice idea.

I just want my code so I can relax.  Keep checking my mail like a freaking idiot...lol  My mom received an email announcement from U2 (not a subscriber) I got squat!!

I dont understand why anyone is concerned they can't buy two tickets tomorrow in the pre sale and two in the general sale.

The general sale is exactly that....open to everybody, its fair game and first come first served. Its always been this way as long as you don't try an exceed the limit of the general sale with that particular vendors (i.e Live Nation)

Thats right.

I always bought the max in resale and then extra in general sale.

Last tour I bought 4 pre sale and 4 general sale.

Just read through all 12 pages of comments, wow some very upset people here and some lacking patience who could never be Jedi's. But I will agree with some, in the past the tour annoucement and then presales have been over the course of a week at least, meaning fans had several days to plan and be ready. Now, everything appears rushed, with the tour being announce this morning, and tickets up for pre-sale the following day with people waiting for codes, etc. I too thought maybe the tour would be announced after the first of the year because of Bono's surgey, but that when it was announced, more time would have been given to flesh out the questions from fans on how the pre-sale would work. Sadly there are probably a number of subscribers who have no idea presales begin tomorrow. Also as one person pointed out, long term members have been able to purchase tickets before anyone else, based on thier tier-system of purchasing but now a 20 year long member has the same chance of getting tickets compared to someone who subscribed a few months ago.

you are right and I/we do appreciate their work but this is something that could have been ready from ages and not saying is their fault

Sign in to follow this