Sign in to follow this  
irishmonk

Where are our pre-sale codes? (MERGED)

I suspect they are waiting until the last minute to send presale codes to avoid the possibility of fake "fans" selling their codes on ebay like last time and also to make it harder for scalpers to get all the tickets before the fans can get them.

Yea I was thinking that myself too. Cause people were doing that on the last few tours.

Let me sum it up for everyone...

U2 is older than ever.  They're used to a certain lifestyle and probably don't have the energy to run around America/the world doing 4 shows a week for most of 2015.  With one 360 Tour show in a stadium, they could make the same or more money as with THREE arena shows, and spend much less effort.  This is one reason why you're seeing only 2 tix allowed for pre-sale as opposed to 4.  

Also we shouldn't complain about this tour announcement being so "last minute."  That benefits real fans like us who pay attention and are up on news.  I'd love to say that our passion would beat scalpers to tickets, but scalpers are sharks who can smell blood from miles away.  This is their livelihood and they know how to get tickets better than we do. I know a ticket broker who is a member of every single fan club for every single band so that he can get the best face value tickets and then sell for more.  This is what they do and unfortunately is something we need to work around.

For all of us that don't have pre-sale codes yet...I have little doubt they're coming or did you ever consider that once you log on to U2.com tomorrow with your user name/password that you might get a direct link to tickets?  Regardless I've been getting tickets from back in the mail order/Propaganda days and not worried about getting them now.  I'm only worried about how I'm going to afford all the shows I want...

And speaking of getting tickets...For those of you that don't know when a concert is listed as "SOLD OUT" it rarely is.  All that means is that the portion of tickets the promoters were releasing to the public have been sold. There are always tickets unsold that are for "VIPs" that usually get released later.  Unfortunately sometimes they are released to radio stations and brokers, but if you're savvy and on the ball you can score tickets right before the show for face value.

For example...Went to see Depeche Mode at MSG a few years ago.  When I say it was SOLD OUT...It was "SOLD OUT."  The scalpers outside didn't even have tickets.  I checked with the box office for 2 tickets and...ZERO.  Nothing. My friend and I were planning on calling it a night when I said...Let me try one more time.  It was 845pm and Depeche was going on at 9pm.  I walk up to the box office and sheepishly ask, "Any chance you have any seats anywhere left."  His reply, "Sure do.  How about 12th row?"

My point is...The system sucks, but if you stay on the ball you will get as many tickets as you want.  

nicely put, everyone on here is complaining and NOT being happy that they are pretty much almost guaranteed to get two tickets... us true fans appreciate it.. 

Let me sum it up for everyone...

U2 is older than ever.  They're used to a certain lifestyle and probably don't have the energy to run around America/the world doing 4 shows a week for most of 2015.  With one 360 Tour show in a stadium, they could make the same or more money as with THREE arena shows, and spend much less effort.  This is one reason why you're seeing only 2 tix allowed for pre-sale as opposed to 4.  

Also we shouldn't complain about this tour announcement being so "last minute."  That benefits real fans like us who pay attention and are up on news.  I'd love to say that our passion would beat scalpers to tickets, but scalpers are sharks who can smell blood from miles away.  This is their livelihood and they know how to get tickets better than we do. I know a ticket broker who is a member of every single fan club for every single band so that he can get the best face value tickets and then sell for more.  This is what they do and unfortunately is something we need to work around.

For all of us that don't have pre-sale codes yet...I have little doubt they're coming or did you ever consider that once you log on to U2.com tomorrow with your user name/password that you might get a direct link to tickets?  Regardless I've been getting tickets from back in the mail order/Propaganda days and not worried about getting them now.  I'm only worried about how I'm going to afford all the shows I want...

And speaking of getting tickets...For those of you that don't know when a concert is listed as "SOLD OUT" it rarely is.  All that means is that the portion of tickets the promoters were releasing to the public have been sold. There are always tickets unsold that are for "VIPs" that usually get released later.  Unfortunately sometimes they are released to radio stations and brokers, but if you're savvy and on the ball you can score tickets right before the show for face value.

For example...Went to see Depeche Mode at MSG a few years ago.  When I say it was SOLD OUT...It was "SOLD OUT."  The scalpers outside didn't even have tickets.  I checked with the box office for 2 tickets and...ZERO.  Nothing. My friend and I were planning on calling it a night when I said...Let me try one more time.  It was 845pm and Depeche was going on at 9pm.  I walk up to the box office and sheepishly ask, "Any chance you have any seats anywhere left."  His reply, "Sure do.  How about 12th row?"

My point is...The system sucks, but if you stay on the ball you will get as many tickets as you want.  

I would agree, but they do have alloted time between venues as they did during the last tour. It's been a very long time since U2 did four shows in one week, they are older, as are thier hardcore fan base who understand the need for the time off between stops. They did put a lot of energy into their shows, and with them all being mid 50's they have the energy of most band's in their 20's and 30's.

I think the main complaint, at least for me, is no official announcement was ever received in my inbox about the tour starting or the presale. I found out from fellow members who are friends that received notices, and then told others who are members who didn't receive a notice at all. Have checked spam folders, etc and nothing about the tour/pre-sale so that is what is upsetting and would have been nice to have received a few days in advance. I have yet to receive an email about renewing and I have been a member for nearly 25 years, but a friend who has been a member for a few years already got an email about renewing. Luckly I just know ahead of time that they start announcing renewal notices in December each year but the point is, had I not been told by any of my fellow U2 subscriber friends about the tour/pre-sale, I would not have known at all, and I think a number of people are in the same boat as well. Luckily I know now what I didn't know just 12 hours ago but I feel for those who still have no clue about the pre-sales or even that a tour has been announced.

Regarding scalping, it appears Ticketmaster has a fix for that with regards to the presales, in making it so if you pay via a credit card such as the pre-sale purchasers, you have to attend the concert, as the credit card is needed to swipe at time of entry, so really what it does for the pre-sale for example is lets a scalper buy two tickets, but they would have to attend the show, so I think when it comes down to scalper, you will see a pretty big decrease in that happening. Those who buy tickets for the general on sale and pay cash will still be able to scalp, and that is probably what the scalpers will be targeting.

There's a lot of people from early days. If everyone wants tickets to multiple shows AND bring their friends & kids, there won't be much left to go on general sale. New fans that just discovered them should get the chance to go see them too. So take the 2 presale tickets you're offered and try your luck at regular sale, like everyone else. Seems fair enough to me (and yes, I go back to Propaganda days too)

I personally was never interested in shows outside of my general area but I would agree with you, there are probably some who feel they should get four tickets per show for multiple shows. I have always been happy with the four tickets total so that I could go with friends, etc, but I am not complaining about the two ticket limit, however you seem to think that no one else has a chance to go when they do. Everyone has an equal chance to get tickets when they go on sale to the public, but at the same time, it's always best to simply wait it out, and sometimes its best to buy tickets right before the show. Sure, some scalpers still are of the mindset that the longer they hold on to tickets, the more they are worth, and that's not true, in fact it hasn't been like that in several years. A few days before the concert there are always people reselling thier tickets because they can't go, or they never intended too, so then that gives everyone a chance to pick up tickets who do want to go, and in many cases less than original price. For the Vertigo tour here in Seattle, the day of the show, there were people selling $100+ tickets for $25 due to various reasons. So in the end, the fans win out big time that way, with Craigslist, eBay, etc there will be plenty of tickets for people of all ages to go to, so if they don't get tickets at first, just to have patience and wait it out as there will be plenty buy from people who cant attend, except with the new policy, that may affect that too since credit card purchasers have to attend now regardless. But I see your points, hopefully you see mine.

Why do you guys need to see the same show over and over again in a short period of time?  Are you all so rich that you can afford it, and the time to take off work?  I think the policy is this way to give everyone a fair chance to see a U2 show.

Chris, with all due respect, I think you need to re-read what Nemesis and I were saying because it's just the opposite of what you think.

As a Propoganda member I am disgusted that so many will be in the same group as those of us who have been paid members for so long.  That is not right and I'm not whining.  I'll get seats either way.  I always do but I agree with the above:  20 years of being a fan is more than 10 months.  I still have not received my presale code.  I am going to the Chicago show.  I thought this would go smoothly but the time is not even correct in this forum and it does not show which group I am in, in my account info.  Screw Itunes.  I hate Apple.

I'm not complaining about the process at all considering the debacle that was the pre-sale for Foo Fighters in North America this week...I just think it sucks that the industry has not been able to 'overcome' the scalper economy. It totally ruins the process and is made worse by the on-line sales. At least back in the day scalpers had to put shoes in the line and purchase tickets like anyone else. Now they can "bot the hell" out of online sales and overwhelm connections. I'm looking forward to the pre-sale tomorrow and purchasing two great seats and I'm looking forward to the public sale to get more for family so we can all enjoy the fun. I will say there is some anxiety that the presale starts in 14 hours and I don't have the code  :)

Still waiting on the e-mail for the pre-sale code! When I log in, nothing on the website TOUR PAGE either.

But I know I'll go crazy if I don't go crazy tonight!! 

Zory

Edited by Zoraida

@K5Jon I think we're on the same page mate :)

They're trying to beat the scalpers. If there was an easy solution to do that, it'd be widely implemented. Fact is, it's one of the biggest, if not the biggest band in the world, relatively small venues and a big fan base across generations.

Absolutely, U2 continues to grow, it's as if there is no end in sight, and thus more fans want to see them. I don't mind them strectching out tours over a few years with one leg one year, and the next leg the following year, it does seem to make it so more fans can attend and this time by doing multiple shows in each city is a nice added touch so more fans can see them. If you compare this with the last tour, if they do add a second leg for 2016 and most people suspect they will, they are actually playing more shows so more fans can attend so it is a win win for all. Now, if only those really good seats were not $250+ each..... ;-)

" I will say there is some anxiety that the presale starts in 14 hours and I don't have the code  :)" 

Feeling the same way here!! -Zory

Just checked the FAQ section...and that is the way I understand it as well.  Thanks for sharing your thoughts as well.

Q - How Many Tickets Can I buy?
A - As a paid-up U2.com Subscriber you are eligible to purchase up to TWO tickets across the tour. You can split this up across two shows or just use for a single show.

I also am happy to read that we can save the codes for upcoming dates - they mention Dublin as an example - so that's good.

Now the difficult task of figuring out which show I should use 1 code for & save the other for Dublin...

Ticketmaster is trying to get around scalpers by using the resale option.  Each year they try to outdo scalpers.  There is an organization, I forget what it's called but it represents the ticket agents who resell tickets.  They are very well funded and very strong lobbyists.  Every time legislation or an attempt to stop scalping starts; this organization shuts it down.  I have friends in ticketing  (not in Chicago unfortunately) and was talking with them today about this.  It's gonna take people saying enough is enough and I'm not paying these prices anymore.  I don't blame the bands.  If they see the scalpers getting all that money for tickets-why shouldn't the bands charge that?  NO easy solution unfortunately.

Has anyone gotten their code yet? 

its two ticket per show up to 2 shows fromwhat i read

I believe it's "2 tickets" total per membership presale code, meaning you can buy 2 tickets for one show, or you can buy 1 ticket for one show and 1 ticket for another show. When the general public on sale starts, its a total of 4 tickets on the first day, 8 tickets after that but more than likely the shows will sell out in day or less anyways.

not from what i had read and even is listed on the q&A here and as well on ticketmaster .com, two per show up to two shows

Read the post a few above this one by member Librarylady....as she pointed out its a limit of two tickets per presale passcode for the tour, either you buy two tickets for one show, or you buy a single ticket for one show, and a single ticket for another show. It's not two tickets for two shows which would be a total of four tickets.

Edited by K5Jon

@K5, pfffttttt seats? It's all about GA man.. FEEL IT! :D :D

I feel it alright, in my joints. When I was 22 years old and saw the Zoo TV shows in Vancouver Canada from the front row (thank you Propaganda!) I had no problems with general admission. Flash forwards 22 years with more weight on the bones and weary Jedi I have become, much like Yoda.

I will say though those two shows back then were amazing, seems like yesterday. I took a great shot of Bono walking towards me with my camera, full body, all smiles holding the microphone, had an 11x17 made of it, met him a few times since but didn't have it with me, and then back during thier last stop in Seattle a few years ago I met him again, had the photo with me, and had him sign it. He looked at it and said "You took this photo?" and I said "Yes, 1992 Zoo Tv tour" and he smiled and said "It's nice" and then signed away. Ahhh, the U2 memories never fade...

Edited by K5Jon

He's a nice chap. :-]

I agree, the four or five times I have met him he has been really quite friendly. Adam and Edge too, Larry kind of brushed me off during that same tour in 1992, he was standing next to me and I asked for a photo with him and he said "No, ask me again later" as if I would get that chance. Their manager Paul McGuiness was really quite nice too.

Latest news from the u2.com Zoo Mods twitter account:

PRESALE CODE EMAIL INFO: eXperience going out in next couple hours iNNOCENCE GOING OUT TOMORROW - That is all , Baja 4:30 PM PST

That was posted 23 min. ago, check  https://twitter.com/U2comZooMods

Edited by RemcoU2

I've been a member since day 1 - since before you got pre-sale codes.  I don't remember getting an email last tour.  I just saw it on my Account Info. page.  But there is nothing there.   Any idea when we might receive it. 

I'm dying here........so excited for this tour, I just want to see my pre-sale code so I can relx a little

I have to say it's a shambles , best band or not ,you have have 5 years to plan this and it's just crap , very poor and a big let down again to fans who have stuck with you ... Shame

Stop yer guerning. lol ;)

I have to say it's a shambles , best band or not ,you have have 5 years to plan this and it's just crap , very poor and a big let down again to fans who have stuck with you ... Shame

I've read words like 'shame' and 'disgusting' on this thread.....we're talking about pre-sale to a concert everyone. Let's get perspective...it's going to be so fun and we'll all get tickets!!!

I'm reading this as, if you're a subscriber you will get a presale code. That'll do for me. If it arrives now, in an hour, or tomorrow - it will arrive and will be before general release so you just need to calm down, go to bed, take a drink...whatever....just depends on what part of the world you live in.

It seems you will get your opportunity to buy tickets - just CALM DOWN.

There is some mighty insecurity being displayed on here tonight. :lol:

Edited by yardie

I think everyone just needs to breathe. Is going to be OK. The sun will rise tomorrow, I'm pretty sure of it.

I've read words like 'shame' and 'disgusting' on this thread.....we're talking about pre-sale to a concert everyone. Let's get perspective...it's going to be so fun and we'll all get tickets!!!

I know...next up it'll be "I'm never going to listen to one of their songs again, the stress killed me." :)  

NYC here.... No Code as yet..... getting nervous :huh:

It was just posted that the Experience codes are going out in a few hours, Innocence codes going out tomorrow.

Sign in to follow this