Sign in to follow this  
irishmonk

Where are our pre-sale codes? (MERGED)

Still no pre sale here in England, which web site would I use for tickets in Italy,eg Ticketmaster,live Nation ? As I've not seen a concert abroad any help appreciated

it might say here http://www.u2.com/tour

i haven't clicked the links on the right yet but they MAY link to the ticket seller's website for each gig

Mine says Member Since 25 Jan 2013

thats BS I haven been a member since 2005 when this first started

It is a website glitch, it's happened to all of the members/subscribers giving the wrong "member since" dates.

Just to let you know, it didn't happen to me, so there are people that didn't happen to.

Interesting, not sure why it didn't happen to some, but happened to others?

This late on some people will not get their codes for some reason and they will have no time to sort it out. Gonna be a disaster!

Hovering over the name above your profile photo does indeed show how long you've been a member. Nice tip!

I haven't recieved mine either and presale starts in less than 2 hours...

just went to edit my profile settings. says my timezone is dublin/lodon timezone even tho im in toronto canada 5 hours behind. i wonder should i leave it?

I wonder if they're doing this to minimize the occurrences of codes falling into the hands of commercial ticket buying/selling companies that have ruined such presales for us in the past?

I was thinking that but then again, since there are only a very tiny amount of ones being sold on eBay, why focus on those few people who are making a few hundred dollars and risk upsetting thousands of subscribers, some of whom may be so turned off by all of this that they decide not to renew, thus lost revenue for the fan club. Let's say for example 1000 paid subscribers are so upset about the events of today that they decide not to renew. That is $40,000 in revenue the fan club would lose out on so what would be a better thing to focus on, a few people making a few hundred dollars, or potentially losing several thousands of dollars that goes to the fan club? I would think the latter rather than the former.

Edited by K5Jon

Happy birthday pete!!!

I agree Jon - just hope they have the common sense to sort it fast or postpone - better it be done well than f**ked up, frankly.

Feel really sorry for our mods too - talk about being in the eye of the storm! Solidarity BIGWAVE, Max and Bajagirl et Al

Mine says Member Since 25 Jan 2013

thats BS I haven been a member since 2005 when this first started

It is a website glitch, it's happened to all of the members/subscribers giving the wrong "member since" dates.

Just to let you know, it didn't happen to me, so there are people that didn't happen to.

Mine says 2009 but I think I subscribed in 2007. If I remember correctly, there was a website overhaul in 2009 for NLOTH/360 and everyone's got reset. But 2013 is very recent, something's up with that. But everyone who subscribed before September 2014 is eXPERIENCE anyway, right? So hopefully it wouldn't affect anything.

It would be really nice if there was in great big neonletters THIS IS YOUR PRESALE CODE and then an empty box or something. So everybody knows where to look and not have to wait for emails...

And then when it's time fill in the code.

Nite nite from the Pacific Northwest, USA...just got the code!!!  see you at the show!!! :D

Ditto.  Everyone can chill now :).  Hopefully it will be as easy to get tickets as it was for the last tour.

Got my code on the tour page... good luck everyone getting your tickets

Edited by eoindaly

Code just appeared on tour page for me...

And any prices? All the FAQ section says is presale prices are the same as general - which leaves this question: "and that is?"

Woke up early here in London, expecting to find a code. None as yet. It's my birthday today and I wasn't expecting to be glued to the computer for hours this morning. My family and presents are going to be ignored!! Haha!

If the late code is way to combat the touts , then im happy. Can't stand those money grabbers. They ruin it for everyone. Hoping to get 2 seated tickets for me and the wife in the presale, then hoping to get a GA ticket on Monday.

It's going to be tough this time around to get tickets. Especially on Monday. So i'm just glad that we get an extra chance today.

Happy Birthday man! Have a good one!

Sign in to follow this