Sign in to follow this  
irishmonk

Where are our pre-sale codes? (MERGED)

So the way I read the FAQs, the email goes to the email address we had when we registered, even if we've updated our email since then. I can't access that email anymore. Hopefully the code shows up on the tours page for me!

Oh God, that would explain it. I've just noticed that the subscribers information e-mail went to an address I have that is going to be discontinued soon. I thought changing it in my profile would make it go to the right one. I have a headache.

That's strange, I've kept the same email address I had since I subscribed but I still haven't got an email.

This is true ?

Please adhere to published ticket limits. Persons who exceed the ticket limit may have any or all of their orders and tickets cancelled without notice by Ticketmaster in its discretion. This includes orders associated with the same name, e-mail address, billing address, credit card number or other information.

So when you buy 2 tickets in pre-sale and later for instance 4 tickets in the public sale monday and you'll use the same adress/CC all your tickets will be canceled without notice ?  

Hope this is not true !

so confused, im hoping to get 2 tickets pre sale and then 2 tickets on Monday will this be ok?

I'm sure last time the 360 tour there was a whole lot of problems with resale codes.

In the end I think they extended the pre-sale to help fans.

They have been very good in past.

I Remember the codes were hacked on the Vertigo tour and Larry Jr. sent a letter to fans on website apologising and a had Big dig at the hackers.

For the fans effected U2 were very good to us and we were offered extra shows in North America with presale codes.

Nice touch.

So I'm sure No one will be disappointed

I'm keen to know how these tickets will work, with shoes 1 & 2. Can we buy a 'complete show' ticket or just either or.. Pricing will be interesting too as I haven't seen anything on that yet. I've done these presages before, on 360 and Vertigo, and they've always gone smoothly for me although this time I want Dublin tickets and they're not happening yet. Hope I don't miss the Dublin info when it happens. 

It's been a long time, Zoo TV, since I've seen the band indoors and can't wait. 

This is true ?

Please adhere to published ticket limits. Persons who exceed the ticket limit may have any or all of their orders and tickets cancelled without notice by Ticketmaster in its discretion. This includes orders associated with the same name, e-mail address, billing address, credit card number or other information.

So when you buy 2 tickets in pre-sale and later for instance 4 tickets in the public sale monday and you'll use the same adress/CC all your tickets will be canceled without notice ?  

Hope this is not true !

so confused, im hoping to get 2 tickets pre sale and then 2 tickets on Monday will this be ok?

Well another note :  Please adhere to the ticket limits for this event. Any purchasers over the ticket limit will be cancelled without notice. The normal ticket limit on public sales is 4, so when bought 2 in pre-sale and 2 in public sale I guess your safe....

Edited by RemcoU2

This is true ?

Hope this is not true !

Well another note :  Please adhere to the ticket limits for this event. Any purchasers over the ticket limit will be cancelled without notice. The normal ticket limit on public sales is 4, so when bought 2 in pre-sale and 2 in public sale I guess your safe....

I think it's just to give more people a chance to get in...

Wonder on the Monday general sale,will  ticketmaster be the only ticket vendor?

I just feel it will be all change now Springsteen is our new frontman ;-)

If I recall correctly from previous tours, there is only one vendor (e.g. Ticketmaster) handling the presale, but lots of vendors selling tickets in the public sale.

This presale has all the designs of a very clever, well thought out military maneuver to eliminate scalpers while also limiting people to seeing a single show compared to past tours where people would attend mulitple shows.

1)  Announce the tour right at the height of Christmas Shopping season when people are least expecting it. -  Peoples budgets are tight.  With Bono's injury, nobody will expect a tour announcment because they all think the tour is delayed now.

2)  Have the presale begin 24 hours after the initial announcement.  - Make people scramble to find a way to get money together, get credit line extensions as well getting to a terminal in the middle of the work day.  Some might be able to but most likely most won't be able to.

3)  Make the tickets outrageously expensive. - A $300 price point for an arena show is pricey.  A $600 night will make one think twice before attending a second show.  That means two open seats for another show that otherwise would have been bought by the same person had the show been priced at $150 a ticket.

4)  PAPERLESS TICKETS - The only way into the building is to swipe the card you used to buy your tickets at the door.  Then add a caveat that everybody in your group has to enter at the same time.  While this does remove part of the scalper, Stub Hub element, it also shuts down any fan ticket trading networks that have existed on past tours.

Guess we'll all find out tomorrow if this is a gamble that pays off or the Vertigo presale debacle all over again.

Edited by Crewboy

Wonder on the Monday general sale,will  ticketmaster be the only ticket vendor?

I know Germany have eventim.de and ticketmaster.de , but not sure those are linked ?

Told a friend who's a member she did not now. Would be nice if U2.com done a email alert or text to mobile to notify its fans.?

No excuse they have all our details and the technology there.

They did send an email announcing the tour and the pre-sale about 5 hours ago.. did not have any codes but it said they will arrive at some point today.  

Hoping for Koln tickets... Tempted to go to Berlin as well, but only the Koln dates are weekend.

Hi there !

Are the KOLN tickets available on presale???

Delaying codes makes it harder to have funny business with the Thursday presales.  That may not be the intent, though.  I'm not expecting them to pop up for awhile.  Only ringside bleacher seats should be $300 if it's like past tours.  The rest should be like $50 for nosebleeds and $80 or $100 for the rest.

Told a friend who's a member she did not now. Would be nice if U2.com done a email alert or text to mobile to notify its fans.?

No excuse they have all our details and the technology there.

They did send an email announcing the tour and the pre-sale about 5 hours ago.. did not have any codes but it said they will arrive at some point today.  

I have not received that email and a long time member.  Luckily I was notified via twitter and facebook by u2tourfans.

Hoping for Koln tickets... Tempted to go to Berlin as well, but only the Koln dates are weekend.

Hi there !

Are the KOLN tickets available on presale???

Yep.

Less than 12 hours to go an STILL NO PRESALE CODES!

Typical I am at work tomorrow, I hope I get a chance to get online for 10am, can't wait.

me, too.  I told my neighbor work- friend in advance not to talk to me starting at 10 AM

This really made me laugh !.I do the same thing.

on the livenation.be website (sales for Antwerp) they mention pre-sale dates and general sales dates for several shows in other countries ... but they only mention december 8th sales for Antwerp ... 

But I guess the pre-sale starts here tomorrow at 10 am too ...

And still no pre-sale codes here ...

The worst part is that there is a 2 ticket limit but two DIFFERENT shows in each city. And then we don't have any information on what will be in both shows so that we can make the decision.

So, now, because with this being crappy timing financially and allowing less than 24 hours to get money together (have to deposit into account linked to credit card which takes processing time), I have to buy tickets with a friend's card, and that friend now has to come WITH me. Which means I cannot buy one ticket for each show. I am now restricted to choosing which one. AND I KNOW NOTHING ABOUT the content of the shows to help me make this decision.

No codes for me. What worries me is that the tour page tells me to sign up/login even though I'm already logged in a have been a member for years.

@u2community just tweeted that it may be some hours before codes are issued, so looks like I am not going to have a very good night's sleep worrying about whether mine will arrive in my inbox safely. I think they may have forgotten that although the US is still wide awake and has a few hours of Wednesday left, it's getting close to bedtime here in Europe....

@u2community just tweeted that it may be some hours before codes are issued, so looks like I am not going to have a very good night's sleep worrying about whether mine will arrive in my inbox safely. I think they may have forgotten that although the US is still wide awake and has a few hours of Wednesday left, it's getting close to bedtime here in Europe....

Early rise for me then!

Sign in to follow this