Sign in to follow this  
irishmonk

Where are our pre-sale codes? (MERGED)

Almost OT but didn't know where to post (one more thread is useless)

From the FAQ

Q - When is the latest I can join U2.com to be involved in the Internet ticket pre-sale?
A - Anyone who is a current Subscriber to U2.com can participate when ticket pre-sales take place but those who have been Subscribers longest get the earliest opportunity to enter the pre-sale. 'Innocence Subscribers' have access starting on the morning of Day 1 of the pre-sale, 'Experience Subscribers' have access from the morning of Day 2 of the pre-sale. The pre-sale for each concert closes at Noon / Midday on Day 3. The public ticket sale will start after Day 3 of the pre-sale. The exact times for access are made available on the tour page of U2.com. 

It's the other way round, someone should correct

My buddy is skint, he doesn't get paid till late next week.

I had planned to buy tickets for myself and my wife tomorrow, using pre sale.

Then on Monday I want to buy 2 more tickets, 1 for him, one for his wife.

It now looks if I do this I will lose all 4.

What a mess.

Anyway after 11 here is Glasgow.

Time for some shut-eye.

Lost interest.

Member Since '88 - Zoo TV and PopMart were through Propaganda and mail in forms.  So much better.

Never thought I'd be dealing with ticket messes this late in my fandom at my age.  Hell, I'm old. I even sound that old.  Ugh.

I just want to take whoever wants to go.  

I suppose it's a testament to their greatness that it's this crazy.

PS.  No email yet.

Surely the 2 ticket limit is presale - if we want more after then why can't we buy in the general sale - because i will be trying for more on Monday for friends who will be at work and I won't be! 

The limit for presale is 2, the limit for the general sale is 4. But if you try and buy a set in the presale and another set in the general sale with the same credit card, they cancel all your tickets without notice.

Not sure if this is correct or not? I haven't seen anything that says what the total ticket limit including both presale and general sale. If the ultimate limit is 8 (i.e. after day 2 of the general sale, surely it makes sense for it to be 8 in total regardless of which sale you used to buy them? Also not sure how it would work if you bought tickets from different vendors e.g. 8 from Ticketmaster Uk and another 4 from seetickets. Unless they share their data would they know how many you've bought in total?

Surely the 2 ticket limit is presale - if we want more after then why can't we buy in the general sale - because i will be trying for more on Monday for friends who will be at work and I won't be! 

The limit for presale is 2, the limit for the general sale is 4. But if you try and buy a set in the presale and another set in the general sale with the same credit card, they cancel all your tickets without notice.

I get trying to stop the scalpers and stuff but if a group of four wants to go..... 

I dont understand why anyone is concerned they can't buy two tickets tomorrow in the pre sale and two in the general sale.

The general sale is exactly that....open to everybody, its fair game and first come first served. Its always been this way as long as you don't try an exceed the limit of the general sale with that particular vendors (i.e Live Nation)

Only when you exceed the total of 4, so you can buy 2 in pre-sale and 2 for the same show in regular sale.

Only when you exceed the total of 4, so you can buy 2 in pre-sale and 2 for the same show in regular sale.

Regular sale? lol! Last tour, the tickets were sold in half an hour in France  :lol:

People chill! Your presale code will be pushed into your iTunes account tomorrow morning!  B)

I'mm hoping for free tickets in my itunes account :) 

My buddy is skint, he doesn't get paid till late next week.

I had planned to buy tickets for myself and my wife tomorrow, using pre sale.

Then on Monday I want to buy 2 more tickets, 1 for him, one for his wife.

It now looks if I do this I will lose all 4.

What a mess.

Anyway after 11 here is Glasgow.

Time for some shut-eye.

Lost interest.

No not true, you can buy 2 in pre-sale and 2 in general sale while you wont exceed the 4 ticket limit in general sale (or even maybe 8 because the 4 ticket limit is only on day 1 ? )

People chill! Your presale code will be pushed into your iTunes account tomorrow morning!  B)

I'mm hoping for free tickets in my itunes account :)

People would still whine about it!!

The whiners get their tickets sent to my itunes account - I don' mind :) 

Given the prices I think just the one show for me this time round then hopefully catch one or two of the inevitable stadiums shows a year later.

Regular sale? lol! Last tour, the tickets were sold in half an hour in France  :lol:

8 minutes in Holland for the Amsterdam Arena (50.00 people) , now the ZiggoDome in Amsterdam , only 15000 people, so I'll think about 3 minutes ?

Hoping for Koln tickets... Tempted to go to Berlin as well, but only the Koln dates are weekend.

Hi there !

Are the KOLN tickets available on presale???

Hi! I see on the tours page of the site that every gig now has the same presale start time and date so I would say (and hope!) yes!!!!

Almost OT but didn't know where to post (one more thread is useless)

From the FAQ

Q - When is the latest I can join U2.com to be involved in the Internet ticket pre-sale?

A - Anyone who is a current Subscriber to U2.com can participate when ticket pre-sales take place but those who have been Subscribers longest get the earliest opportunity to enter the pre-sale. 'Innocence Subscribers' have access starting on the morning of Day 1 of the pre-sale, 'Experience Subscribers' have access from the morning of Day 2 of the pre-sale. The pre-sale for each concert closes at Noon / Midday on Day 3. The public ticket sale will start after Day 3 of the pre-sale. The exact times for access are made available on the tour page of U2.com. 

It's the other way round, someone should correct

I noticed this earlier - Had to go back and forth reading twice - Someone absolutely needs to correct!

just catchin up...where are the goddamn codes ??? Have I missed something...wanna go to Barcelona !!!

wrt to show format, perhaps they do first part of show acoustic and last part electric each night?  One night older stuff , one night newer stuff…..we'll just have wait and see as they release more info , either way, at least they are trying to plan something fresh….as opposed to two nights with very similar set lists.

Zhivvy, Anjana you are my Zoo gurus what's going on ???

Zhivvy, Anjana you are my Zoo gurus what's going on ???

Anj is missing in action at the moment - from the zoo but am in contact with her! 

And as for me I have no idea lol!! Just waiting for a presale code and then can sleep - need sleep!!! need codes...... 

Nothing received yet for me in UK .!!. Agree need code beforesleep time !

Send my best to Anj...hope she gets codes too !!!

Silly question but will this Code we're all waiting for come to our U2 email address or the E-Mail address we used when signing up ? i hope its not the U2 one cause i can't even access it yet.  Watched Every Breaking Wave live at MTV followed by the making of Vertigo. That song is a decade old already !

I hate to even suggest this but does anyone think this will be U2's last World Tour ? Mid 50's. I hope they do a Fleetwood/Stones/Springsteen and keep rocking into their mid 60's.

When will Bono let his hair go grey :P !? that is a question someone needs to answer !

Send my best to Anj...hope she gets codes too !!!

Will do and am sure she will :) 

Sign in to follow this