Sign in to follow this  
neilz

Two ticket limit

As a long time fan and subscriber I feel like the ticket limit should be four tickets.  My wife and I like to take friends or in this case our kids now that they are old enough to go.  We have the $ to get great seats but feel like that will be impossible with the two ticket limit.  Not sure why they would want to restrict the ability of the most monetarily loyal fans to purchase tickets. Let's face it, I keep my membership online active to have the ticket seniority when a tour comes around.  It would make sense to restrict those who sign up they day before presale but not sure how big the Experience group is, does it really knock down inventory that much to let me buy 4 tickets to one show?

Tickets are severly limited coz its indoor shows. they have to try and give as many people as possible a fair shot at seeing them. Take glasgow for example....they are playing two shows there. The venue, over the two nights, holds about half of what a usual glasgow stadium show would hold.....so, its gonna be hard to please everyone

There is tons of gaps in the schedule though, so I wouldn't be surprised if extra dates get added.

Im thinking (hoping for) the same thing tbh

Seeing as how Chicago is the only Midwest date with two shows, I'm betting at least one maybe 2 more will be added. There's just NO WAY they'll only play 2 Chicago shows. 

Shouldn't the loyal fans be the priority for tickets. It should be at least 4 tickets, as you will be able to buy 4 in the general sale.

Too Bad. We wanted to take our 3 children. Hopefully I can get some tickets on Monday...

Totally agree with Neilz, me too wanted to take my two girls with us, now they are grown but with this 2 tickets limit it's impossible.

Maybe they could leave us a choice: 4 tickets for one single show or two tickets for several different shows

It's very disappointing! I'm a paying subscriber since the nineties, from propaganda magazine, every single year from then!

Shouldn't the loyal fans be the priority for tickets. It should be at least 4 tickets, as you will be able to buy 4 in the general sale.

exactly what i am saying in other threads, oscar!! and i dont think i am being selfish, cause we are the ones who were paying our subscriptions for years in a row, when no tour in sight!

anyone could have done the same, so i am not sorry for those who didnt! i think if venues are smaller and tix will be harder to get, the more reason to allow us to buy 4!

in europe we were always allowed 4 tix for ONE show, unlike americans who can use their presale code to buy 4 tix for up to 4 different shows!! i think that wasnt really fair either.

this time around we cant even buy 4!

With shows being so sparse next year, people are gonna be coming in from all over.  That should mean that more people than past tours would gunning for each date's presale making presale tickets harder to get (unless the allocation is larger than the past.)  4 tickets each would make it twice as rough.

Edited by tingly

This is not cool at all. I have been a long time member like the rest of us and you would think they would take care of us.

I renewed my subscription for the last time. It's better to wait and buy 4 tickets or more on public onsale or I will buy from a ticket reseller like Stubhub. I have the money to do it and there obviously isn't much of an incentive to stay a paying, engaged member of the website/fan club.  Hell, I got the album for free!

exactly what i am saying in other threads, oscar!! and i dont think i am being selfish, cause we are the ones who were paying our subscriptions for years in a row, when no tour in sight!

anyone could have done the same, so i am not sorry for those who didnt! i think if venues are smaller and tix will be harder to get, the more reason to allow us to buy 4!

in europe we were always allowed 4 tix for ONE show, unlike americans who can use their presale code to buy 4 tix for up to 4 different shows!! i think that wasnt really fair either.

this time around we cant even buy 4!

Im pretty sure that wasnt the case. i think in NA, it was 4 tix for one show...OR one ticket to 4 shows...but im not 100% sure on that

I am pretty sure I bought 4 tickets for an indoor venue on a previous tour. Just disappointing.

Even an additional tier for the presale would've helped.  They had 3 separate times for 360, now just about everyone is lumped into the same group.  So much for seniority.

Seeing as how Chicago is the only Midwest date with two shows, I'm betting at least one maybe 2 more will be added. There's just NO WAY they'll only play 2 Chicago shows. 

They'll definitely do more shows, but I don't think they'll be next summer. I think we'll have to wait until 2016. They've left out all of the southeast and Texas this time round. On 360 they did multiple legs with totally different cities on each leg. I think that'll happen again this time.

as a long term member(prop) I'm definitely OK with them allowing 2 tickets only and love that they are doing the GA entry as paperless

also want to point out that the band's yearly membership gifts are A++

win win

Even an additional tier for the presale would've helped.  They had 3 separate times for 360, now just about everyone is lumped into the same group.  So much for seniority.

I did ask about that, and don't rule out future further benefits for long time subscribers, its something that I want to see.

I wouldn't care too much about the 2 ticket limit if it weren't going to be two different shows. With that, plus ticket trading becoming impossible due to credit card only entrance, it will make it very hard to see both shows. And I'm a bit isolated here in Phoenix. They likely won't come back.  Can't drive to LA in the middle of the workweek. My only hope is a weekend concert in Vegas being announced. Or more dates in LA in 2016.

Edit: Because I've tried to buy U2 tix in the general public sale and I can never get them. They sell out too fast.

Edited by LadyHathor

The 2 ticket limit is not to punish the fans, it's to keep the scalpers filthy paws off the tickets. I'm all in favor of any action by an artist that screws over the scalpers and makes it as hard as possible for them to get tickets away from actual fans.

I dont see how this policy is fair to the fans who even pay more (membership)  than the next door fan to be able to get a ticket. The 2 ticket limit would be fine if a) there werent two different shows and b] we could really chose for which shows we´d like to buy tickets. But now i read that all Europeans can only buy 2 tickets for 1 show and not 1 ticket for two different shows. Where is the sense in that? I dont see a true advantage anymore.

And the fact that all GA tickets will only be mobile tickets isnt a pleasing thought either, but i understand this is a way to prevent scalpers to get into the game like they used to in the past few years.

Edited by angelfish23

You get the chance at 2 presale tickets 2 days before everyone else, and 1 day before the people who joined the site after the album came out.

What's unfair about that? Sorry, I just don't get it.

I have to agree. You're not dealing with some rinky dinky band here, they're pretty much the biggest band worldwide and as a result they have had to try to come up with the best possible method to get the fanclub fans tickets first. It may not seem like it's fair but it's as fair as they could probably get based on the sheer volume of people who buy tickets whenever they go on tour.

You get the chance at 2 presale tickets 2 days before everyone else, and 1 day before the people who joined the site after the album came out.

What's unfair about that? Sorry, I just don't get it. 

100% argree. Like I said in another post your guaranteed pretty much two tickets in any section at any show you want? I don't know what some people expect.

As a member since Propaganda days,   I think it's a pretty poor show you can't buy four tickets.

The reasoning that it's an arena tour is ridiculous, they've toured arenas before....

Plus with two different types of show as Bono is promising, means that to go along with my partner to both, I'm going to have to scramble pot luck in the public sale for the second one.

Not only that, but at the moment, we've no idea what sort of show we're actually using our pre-sale codes for (when we get them)

@ nemesis, ingrida & richie 459: Yeah, your comments clearly show that you dont understand what i am talking about.

Here is the deal. There are two nights, the nights will be different. As a long time fan is it really too much to ask to be able to buy 1 ticket for each of those two nights??? Its not that hard to understand is it?

i hear you ellay - pretty much the same here

Edited by angelfish23

Sign in to follow this