Sign in to follow this  
neilz

Two ticket limit

The shows won't be THAT different but they will differ. But you can be guaranteed the same hits will be played at both nights the set will likely just differ a little more than normal.

On Monday thousands of normal people will buy tickets none the wiser of the two show idea they will just be expecting to see a U2 show and they will know that.

I never said they would be the same.

But you can be sure With or Without You will be played at both nights along with the usual stuff...One, WTSHNN etc.

I would just suspect one night might lean on the early stuff and one on the later stuff.

So, I'm trying to get four tickets. If we get our two tickets through the presale, will we still be able to get extra tickets through the general sale?

Even an additional tier for the presale would've helped.  They had 3 separate times for 360, now just about everyone is lumped into the same group.  So much for seniority.

I did ask about that, and don't rule out future further benefits for long time subscribers, its something that I want to see.

Considering it was done last tour, I honestly (naively?) thought it would continue for this tour - they have the information.  

My plan is to get 2 in the presale for 1 night and try for 2 in the public sale for the second night. If I don't get them for the second night though, so be it. I know the band said they were going to switch it up from one night to the next but that's fine. So be it. They always release a DVD of their tour so I'm sure I won't be missing much if I only make it to one show. I'm not going to worry about it. I got bigger fish to fry in my life right now.

I renewed my subscription for the last time. It's better to wait and buy 4 tickets or more on public onsale or I will buy from a ticket reseller like Stubhub. I have the money to do it and there obviously isn't much of an incentive to stay a paying, engaged member of the website/fan club.  Hell, I got the album for free!

I'm pretty much feeling the same. I have been a member since pre Vertigo tour, most of us got our accounts reset a few years ago with no regard to years spent as paying members. I have been through more than a few presales for U2 and I always come away shocked at how bad the management for the biggest band in the world screws up these presales. I just dont see myself going all the way to Canada to see a show by myself as one of the greatest things about a U2 show is sharing it with a loved one.

Sorry guys, its been a great ride but unless things change I'm out.

Cheers

Bring Paul McGuinnis back. Two ticket limit is an insult. If I am traveling to a city (since Texas omitted) I need to go to both shows. Again, insulted!

Talk about totally screwing your fan club...again. A 2 ticket limit is a slap in the face and the explanation is bogus. We had access to 4 Tickets for both Elevation and the debacle that was Vertigo. They are planning on adding dates and limiting us to 2 tickets may mean that we can't go to the show with friends and/or family. Great job guys! I hope your listening. I'm pissed!

Shouldn't the loyal fans be the priority for tickets. It should be at least 4 tickets, as you will be able to buy 4 in the general sale.

exactly what i am saying in other threads, oscar!! and i dont think i am being selfish, cause we are the ones who were paying our subscriptions for years in a row, when no tour in sight!

anyone could have done the same, so i am not sorry for those who didnt! i think if venues are smaller and tix will be harder to get, the more reason to allow us to buy 4!

in europe we were always allowed 4 tix for ONE show, unlike americans who can use their presale code to buy 4 tix for up to 4 different shows!! i think that wasnt really fair either.

this time around we cant even buy 4!

Actually, americans couldn't do that.  What we could do, though, is spread out our four across different shows (e.g., 2 for one show, 2 for another).

as a long term member(prop) I'm definitely OK with them allowing 2 tickets only and love that they are doing the GA entry as paperless

also want to point out that the band's yearly membership gifts are A++

win win

Actually, only the reserved seats (at least in the US) are paperless, NOT the GA (except, apparently, for Phoenix).

Here's what it says on the Ticketmaster site under Ticket Limits:

Ticket Limits

There is a 2 ticket limit for all password-protected presales and membership bundles. There is a 4 ticket limit during the first day of the onsale.

Please adhere to published ticket limits. Persons who exceed the ticket limit may have any or all of their orders and tickets cancelled without notice by Ticketmaster in its discretion. This includes orders associated with the same name, e-mail address, billing address, credit card number or other information.

On the whole two ticket limit thing, I must agree--this is a problem, for the reasons folks have given above.  Some have tried to justify this saying "hey, these are (smaller) arenas", etc.  But, as a few other folks pointed out, Elevation and Vertigo were arenas too (in the US, anyway), and the four ticket thing seemed to work out.  Now, if they were playing way fewer dates overall, OK, maybe that would make sense.  BUT--they're going to add at LEAST 10 more shows to this leg, maybe 20.  And this is just one leg--so maybe 30-40 shows on this leg.  And usually they have maybe three legs on each tour, so if so, the total number of shows would actually be comparable to past tours--where, again, the four-ticket limit worked out fine.  And also, geez, since lots of folks (like me) are going to have to travel to see any shows, the two ticket limit is a huge bummer.  Can't even go with your wife to the two shows!  Let alone another friend or two, etc.

Oh, and one other thing--I don't understand how folks are getting the idea that the GA tix are paperless as well.  Looking at the TM data for the US dates, this only seems true for the Phoenix dates.  All the others seem paperless only for the reserved seats.

Hi,

I am trying to go to some US shows. I understand I can buy 1 ticket for 2 shows (2 tickets total) in the U2.com presale. Am I then able to buy a sperate tickets for another 2 US shows through general sales ie a total of 4 tickete between 4 shows, or will they get cancelled?

Cheers

Talk about totally screwing your fan club...again. A 2 ticket limit is a slap in the face and the explanation is bogus. We had access to 4 Tickets for both Elevation and the debacle that was Vertigo. They are planning on adding dates and limiting us to 2 tickets may mean that we can't go to the show with friends and/or family. Great job guys! I hope your listening. I'm pissed!

Spot on, Man. What irks me the most about this is the flat-out lie they're telling in the FAQ. I've been a fan club member since Propaganda, and up to this point, we ALWAYS got to buy four presale tickets to each each leg of the tour, indoors or out. If you're going to screw us over, please don't add insult to injury by lying to us as well. 

Edited by aladinsane1969

Kind of a bummer about credit cars entry cause I keep all my stubs in an album as a keepsake. This ticket locator slip they're referring to in the FAQ doesn't seem as cool as having an actual ticket stub.

They couldn't have lied since they never said 4 tickets.  They've done a 2-ticket limit before.  Tour legs with 50 dates in 30 cities would have made more sense with getting 4.  Four on this limited portion of the tour would have meant running out of presale tickets since people will be driving and flying in from all over the world to get to these shows.  Loads of members would get no presale tickets.  Take your pair and cheer up a little.  Man.

So I am looking at the ticketmaster.nl presale and regular links, and it doesn't say anything about ticket limits?

Copied from the Ticketmaster San Jose page:

Ticket Limits

There is a 2 ticket limit for all password-protected presales and membership bundles. There is a 4 ticket limit during the first day of the onsale and no limit thereafter.

Please adhere to published ticket limits. Persons who exceed the ticket limit may have any or all of their orders and tickets cancelled without notice by Ticketmaster in its discretion. This includes orders associated with the same name, e-mail address, billing address, credit card number or other information.

The two ticket limit is going to kill me.

I am from New Zealand and we will be in NYC for 3 of the nights U2 are playing. I am travelling with my wife and two kids, and I am so disappointed I can't get 4 tickets for my family. My kids are 12 and 14 and it would of been their first concert. 

I will just have to try my luck at the general sale because with only 2 tickets whose going to look after our kids while we are at the show!

I have seen U2 at every New Zealand show since the Love Town tour.

I feel like crying

Edited by millarhousenew

If you have four tickets that means it's less likely that I'll get tickets so two each seems fair to me.

This argument happens every tour, even with two tickets each, pre-sale will probably sell out and, other than making it one-ticket each or every person for themselves, this is the fairest way to do it.

Shall we go back to just being able to book by phone or turning up at the venue when tickets go on sale.

You love the biggest band in the world, so do a lot of other people, we all want tickets. If you want an easy life, I'm sure tickets for "Simply Red" are still available.

If I get 2 tickets with the presale, am I allowed to get another few (if I can) during the general sale on Monday?

I don't want my order to get cancelled because of this...

As the venues are smaller than usual (especially in Europe, compared with Elevation Tour) I can understand there's a maximum of 2 tickets. But as Bono says the two nights will be different (a rock show and an unplugged show?) we're forced to get tickets for both nights. 

In that case you can't take a friend/family member to a gig. That's not fair.

But I think we will be given moren opportunities to buy more as the venues will sell out and extra dates will be added. 

Sign in to follow this