Dear Zootopians,

does anyone have the answer to the problem of buying a 'gift package' by accident, in stead of the package for your selves?

Wanted to resubscribe. Went to my profile, selected the update-button, bought the package at the Live Nation site.

After this I noticed the 'gift- thing' and learned that it's not the right package to get the pre-sale codes myself...

Noooooooooo!!!!

Just got the confirming email with the unique gift subscribing code... but can't use it myself or??

What to do?

Can I trade the code with someone in the same situaties? Or isn't that possible because we both ar members allready?

Help!

I'm (still) stuck with this issue as well. Having clicked the "Upgrade"-link I was transferred to the Live Nation-site and the three Gift Packages (that I didn't at the time see were "Gifts"; you don't really expect being linked to the wrong products so it's easy to miss), and accidentally purchased one of them.

I have not received a code yet.

It seems everybody is waiting for the code including the long term members.

The big issue with the gift subscription is that your profile states that you are a member (free) not a subscriber (paid).  Which means you won't be sent a presale code.  I'm in the same situation.

In my case I meant the gift code, as in the coupon I'm to "give away" (to myself, if it works, since it was a "normal" subscription I was intending on buying) to activate the subscription.

Just wait for an email that have a CUPON number, then login at U2, and choose the same package, then at u2fanfire cart use the coupon, and ur balance will be $0, confirm, logout U2.COM, trash cookies, re-login at U2.com and voila !!

this is the email that u may have receive:

This coupon allows you to subscribe to U2.Com and when you've done and logged-in as a subscriber, we will send you a copy of the North Side Story: U2 In Dublin, 1978-83 Lavish, 274-page publication. Definitive account with rare photos & interviews. Limited Edition.<br><Br>

Pre-sale ticket access when the band go on tour....  and you'll receive unlimited access to U2.Com for one year.

All you have to do is go to http://www.u2.com/service/subscribe/

Choose your username and complete the Subscriber information. After confirming your address,  enter this unique GIFT SUBSCRIPTION CODE once in the shopping cart.

-->   NXXXXXXXX........   <--

Click Check Out and your balance in the cart will show as $0.

Ditto, exactly what has happened to me.  The gift package was the link I ended up clicking on and I am still waiting for a code to be able to activate my own account

*sigh*

i Ordered the Gift package at 4pm. At 9:52 i got a follow up E-Mail with the code which i was supposed to put in the cart to become a Subscribed member

I went ahead and paid another $50 for standard package off the Upgrade option so im officially a Subscribed member and come Friday hopefully i'll have my code. 

It took around 6 hours for me to get my Coupon Code. I have it in an E-Mail i hope they allow me to return it cause i would like my first $50 back :(

Don't panic buy a second subscription like i did. Wait the 6 hours, the E-Mail will arrive.

Don't panic buy a second subscription like i did. Wait the 6 hours, the E-Mail will arrive.

You can't use the gift coupon code to activate a subscription on your own account?

i Ordered the Gift package at 4pm. At 9:52 i got a follow up E-Mail with the code which i was supposed to put in the cart to become a Subscribed member

I went ahead and paid another $50 for standard package off the Upgrade option so im officially a Subscribed member and come Friday hopefully i'll have my code. 

It took around 6 hours for me to get my Coupon Code. I have it in an E-Mail i hope they allow me to return it cause i would like my first $50 back :(

It has been 12 hours of waiting for me.  :(

You can't use the gift coupon code to activate a subscription on your own account?

Nah the E-Mail says make up a new e-mail address n stuff to go with the proposed new code i have sitting there which i have no plans of using.  12 Hours really ?! Sorry to hear man i know how frustrating it is. I wont be surprised if the Website fails to deliver any new subcriber a code. I miss the glory days one could simply camp for 9 hours and get tickets in the morning :(  i'm not a fan of all this Presales stuff

Nah the E-Mail says make up a new e-mail address n stuff to go with the proposed new code i have sitting there which i have no plans of using.  12 Hours really ?! Sorry to hear man i know how frustrating it is. I wont be surprised if the Website fails to deliver any new subcriber a code. I miss the glory days one could simply camp for 9 hours and get tickets in the morning :(  i'm not a fan of all this Presales stuff

If it were me, I would try and re-sub again, and ask HELP page to cancel your gift subscription as your ordered by mistake. They will do that.

Umm...I just got my reply from customer service. They're calling it "a non-refundable gift subscription" and advise me to redeem it for myself.

That's alright personally (as long as I actually get my promo code soon so that I actually am able to redeem it, and that it then works), but I just want you all to know it might not be guaranteed you get refunds for this. I wouldn't recommend purchasing a new subscription if it truly is non-refundable (unless you feel fine paying double to feel safe knowing it will work out).

Umm...I just got my reply from customer service. They're calling it "a non-refundable gift subscription" and advise me to redeem it for myself.

That's alright personally (as long as I actually get my promo code soon so that I actually am able to redeem it, and that it then works), but I just want you all to know it might not be guaranteed you get refunds for this. I wouldn't recommend purchasing a new subscription if it truly is non-refundable (unless you feel fine paying double to feel safe knowing it will work out).

I would argue that, if you had no other choice at the time (the system was only showing that option to some people) - feel free to point that out to them in your reply, and if they still refuse I will take it up with The Live Nation guys

I would argue that, if you had no other choice at the time (the system was only showing that option to some people) - feel free to point that out to them in your reply, and if they still refuse I will take it up with The Live Nation guys

I have now sent a reply pointing out this. I really appreciate the help! :)

I will also revise my email to include this info.

Thanks for the reassurance.

Cheers

So glad to see a topic on this problem. I also thought I renewed my membership yesterday (I clicked on "upgrade" and was taken to a page with three packages but never noticed the word "gift" on them). Now, tonight I received an email stating that I had bought a "gift subscription". I sent a message using the help form but have not heard back. All I am concerned about is how to renew my membership without paying another $50. Like others, I cannot use the "gift subscription" code for my current account. Will check this thread for updates. Thanks so much for all the info already posted here!

Don't get it... sorry!

I bought the gift-package. Got an email which said to send it to a friend; they could subsribe at the site and use the gift-code.

So I can't use the code for myself?

Or do I have to 'upgrade' again and fill in the gift-code? Would they allow that, because it's the same person using the code?

Or do I have to buy a new package (at the U2 shop?)? Use that one and hope to get a refund for the gift-package?

When I go to the renewal page (link in the FAQ's) or to the subscribe page (also FAQ-link), I see my personal facts (adress, name etc).

I have to select a package; did that. But than I see this page with just information about the packages, but no options to click.

Sign in to follow this